Divergent Paths: Neverborn Edition

Parker Barrows

The Guild have done great in setting the Self Righteous-Man on his path to becoming a Werelawyer, but the Neverborn need to step in and help out. I'll be playing my first proper game as Neverborn to try and help achieve that goal :D Also, you guys have had the Child for long enough. Give the Gremlins a chance ;) 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Izzinatah said:

The Guild have done great in setting the Self Righteous-Man on his path to becoming a Werelawyer, but the Neverborn need to step in and help out. I'll be playing my first proper game as Neverborn to try and help achieve that goal :D Also, you guys have had the Child for long enough. Give the Gremlins a chance ;) 

Yeah, what he said!
*drops a peacekeeper claw with a CLANG*
I challenge Neverborn for the child! You had her long enough. Share!

And I distinctly don't challenge Neverborn for the Man because a mimic lawyer is perfectly OK with me and I've got to go squabble with the Ten Thunders.

9 minutes ago, Torsul said:

I may hint, that we secure the child if we control it just one more time as 3 out of 5 'weeks' would already be the majority of time.

So double up your efforts for more kids and (far more important) more stuffed Friends for Dreamer, Collodi and Pandora!

3 out of 5 weeks isn't the qualifier, as far as I understand though.

The way I read it, they'll be cumulative scoring the final results?  So if more people played the first week any any other, two or three of the other weeks might not set people ahead enough to take the lead.  Likewise, if participating is ramping up and the last two weeks are not Neverborn, they could be swept out from under their feet.  At least, that's how I understand it working, rather than a set number of period wins.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, TheJoyInGaming said:

Spoilers?

Killing Zipp is a spoiler??? I thought it was the right thing to do, it felt right.

So I will say with use having 2 victories with the child I am fine with her going to boarding school else where as long as she comes back to where she knows her true home is. I recommend  Leveticus School for the Gifted Young, the kimono shop or the dreaded Ortegas (outcast, 10 thunders or Guild). Of those I only have 10 thunders so I may switch up and play as them for the kid this week.

As for the man I want him to work for Lucius but I am not sure I want that more then I want the Trickster to meet The Dreamer as it sound like a fun read. Altimatly I want the child to come home to her true factions, the neverborn. The other 2 can learn some of our tricks but should go else where, I hope the man goes guild and is a mimic for Lucius.

9 minutes ago, D_acolyte said:

Killing Zipp is a spoiler??? I thought it was the right thing to do, it felt right.

So I will say with us having 2 victories with the child I am fine with her going to boarding school else where as long as she comes back to where she knows her true home is. I recommend  Leveticus School for the Gifted Young, the kimono shop or the dreaded Ortegas (outcast, 10 thunders or Guild). Of those I only have 10 thunders so I may switch up and play as them for the kid this week.

Spoilers are those sticking-out pieces of metal on Zipp's jetpack. Obviously.

5 minutes ago, MetaphoricDragn said:

Yeah I definitely prefer Lawyerwolf joining Lucius, or that Dreamer saves the trickster from the horrible fate Rezzers handed her, those jerks.

He's "legal beagle" not lawyerwolf. :P

36 minutes ago, -Loki- said:

I think making them totems is a bit of a waste.

The Child is already way too powerful to be a Totem, she's already earned a summoning ability, these will either be enforcers or (more likely) Henchmen. Besides a lot of characters have stories look at Iggy and Candy

4 hours ago, MageFyre said:

The Child is already way too powerful to be a Totem, she's already earned a summoning ability, these will either be enforcers or (more likely) Henchmen. Besides a lot of characters have stories look at Iggy and Candy

There is already an Enforcer Totem that can summon (Karina) and a Henchman Totem (Hungering Darkness), nothing stops a totem from being powerful. We also don't know what form these abilities will take (and I think it's a good idea to keep it vague until the end), in addition to summoning the wicked doll connection could be Infiltration (Wicked Doll) if the Child end up outside NB or some kind of buff to Wicked Dolls if the Child ends up in NB. That said I hope they wont be totems as some Masters have very integral totems and would thus not be very interested in these guys regardless of what they did.

Making them Mercenaries would feel like a massive cop out to me, winning the campaign should mean something. I mean sure all factions will probably get the same amount of models in the next book,  so these guys will take "a slot", but the campaign winners will get models with extensive backstories and perhaps some, for their faction, rare abilities.

3 hours ago, -Loki- said:

Yeah I can't see them being masters as some are suggesting, since adding masters is don'e very carefully due to all of the different interactions they open up. But they're definitely setting these three us to be Enforcers or Henchmen in book 5.

1. Eh. We don't know how these abilities will wind in the end. They're vague enough that Wyrd has the ability to fit them into the faction and theme they wind up in. Though looking at how they're growing and the way things are offered, I'm giving them a lower percentage of being a Master than I was first week. 30-40% I'd say. Otherwise, Henchman or simply whatever the faction needs (example: Self-Righteous Man is an Enforcer, Trickster is a Master, and Inquisitive Child is a Henchman).

2. Book 5 is way too early. It probably takes at least a year to design a model and put it through proper playtesting. Probably even more so with these models taking bits and pieces from different factions. *points to the Nythera TtB winning character still not having his model yet* So, Book 6 should be exciting.

21 minutes ago, Bengt said:

There is already an Enforcer Totem that can summon (Karina) and a Henchman Totem (Hungering Darkness), nothing stops a totem from being powerful. We also don't know what form these abilities will take (and I think it's a good idea to keep it vague until the end), in addition to summoning the wicked doll connection could be Infiltration (Wicked Doll) if the Child end up outside NB or some kind of buff to Wicked Dolls if the Child ends up in NB. That said I hope they wont be totems as some Masters have very integral totems and would thus not be very interested in these guys regardless of what they did.

Making them Mercenaries would feel like a massive cop out to me, winning the campaign should mean something. I mean sure all factions will probably get the same amount of models in the next book,  so these guys will take "a slot", but the campaign winners will get models with extensive backstories and perhaps some, for their faction, rare abilities.

3. But both of those are very Totems designed to support their specific Masters. Now, there is no reason that they can't make an Enforcer or Henchman Totem, but I don't think it would be a good idea. It would limit Crew selection and make them less playable. Certain Masters need their Totems to function (Jakob Lynch for example). Most others could give up the specific Master's Totem, but it could still result them in being picked less than if they were regular models.

4. Agreed about the Mercenaries. It would probably upset those who stuck to their Faction when they could have hopped around and pick whatever option they wanted and still play the character in whatever faction they wanted.

Book 5 could still be possible, we know they've pushed models early then added them later to the books.  Aoinus was released well before book 4.

I was also thinking Mercenaries are possible, after all everyone worked towards these.  Winning faction still avoids merc tax and gets the characters in their stories.   Could also have faction specific upgrades. 

• Like 1

On 10/12/2016 at 10:09 AM, MetaphoricDragn said:

Book 5 could still be possible, we know they've pushed models early then added them later to the books.  Aoinus was released well before book 4.

I was also thinking Mercenaries are possible, after all everyone worked towards these.  Winning faction still avoids merc tax and gets the characters in their stories.   Could also have faction specific upgrades. 

Possible, but highly unlikely. Aoinus was an Anniversary celebration model. I think the model from the last world event is a better indicator in this case. As Bengt pointed out, factions get the same amount of models per book. If they don't know where they'll end up, then they would have to hold off designing 7 models and then rushing the design and playtesting in about 6 or 7 months which seems a bit extreme.