Divergent Paths: Neverborn Edition

Parker Barrows

4 hours ago, D_acolyte said:

Under Quarantine, a TTB source book, has that black blood is an infectious illness passed by blood contact so they would not be hybrid but rather actual nephilims.

I think that is the point, if these people become models they will probably have some of the flavor of at least 2 factions. This means that we the players will have a larger effect something in the game which I think is great.

I am going to focus on the kid, I want baby Teddies lol.

Eh. Our current former human Nephilim are clearly different from regular Nephilim. I think they're called Wretched (I know they're called something special, but I could be getting the name mixed up because the minions are called Blood Wretches).

Anyways, I think I won't be showing any loyalty to a faction this time around, but Tiny Teddies. Hard to pass that one up.

Though her getting her own Rooster and learning healing is tempting, I can resist Tiny Teddies. I wonder if those will wind up models too?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Parker Barrows said:

Eh. Our current former human Nephilim are clearly different from regular Nephilim. I think they're called Wretched (I know they're called something special, but I could be getting the name mixed up because the minions are called Blood Wretches).

Anyways, I think I won't be showing any loyalty to a faction this time around, but Tiny Teddies. Hard to pass that one up.

Though her getting her own Rooster and learning healing is tempting, I can resist Tiny Teddies. I wonder if those will wind up models too?

The Blood Wretches are in the middle of transitioning. Tuco, Angel Eyes and the Scion of Black Blood are all former humans-turned Nephilim.

• Like 1

On 9/12/2016 at 1:06 PM, Fog said:

Tiny. Teddy.

Nothing in the entirety of the event could possibly be as cool.

I'm going to organize matches locally to do my best to ensure this happens. If she ends up bringing a baby teddy to a different faction in the end, all the better.

But that means this week, you folks need to win the child's scenario.

Do it for the baby bear

Just won with Lilith vs Zip, fighting for the child.  I do believe the kid was impressed by my changeling and doppelganger (Not my opponent though. He was not happy about either). :D

• Like 1

Super dumb question guys & girls:

How do you actually play story encounters in terms of strat and schemes?

Do you generate strat and schemes as normal and play the 'special' in addition? Does the special replace the strategy, schemes as usual? or is there only the special?

I notice that in the released encounters a player can score 8 VP for the special, meaning the game can't be to 10, whichever way you cut it, right?

4 minutes ago, mo11usq said:

Super dumb question guys & girls:

How do you actually play story encounters in terms of strat and schemes?

Do you generate strat and schemes as normal and play the 'special' in addition? Does the special replace the strategy, schemes as usual? or is there only the special?

I notice that in the released encounters a player can score 8 VP for the special, meaning the game can't be to 10, whichever way you cut it, right?

The scenario essentially replaces the Strategy. You still flip for schemes as normal.

That means that if the scenario lets you score 8 VP, there's a potential 14 VP up for grabs (8 from the scenario and 3 from each of two objectives).

• Like 1

On 9/8/2016 at 8:13 PM, Vorschlag said:

My aim was to run nothing but Neverborn for the next few months, will focus on the "lady" and "gentleman" as either of them could work well with Lucius or perhaps as suggested the art may change accordingly, not interested in another child for Neverborn, we have enough of those.

Pretty much exactly this.  I already don't like Kade and Iggy, I don't want another child. ;)

I think the Trickster fits the Neverborn motif, and her abilities seem interesting.  I'm not sure we need another Black Blood manipulator either.

Well Lilith paid the sacrifice so that I could claim a win for the kid.  Was a 35ss game against Nicodem and while I got the kid early he left the stalkers alone initially so I had to keep moving the kid back *he was tying me up so I could only devote so much resources to the stalkers*.  In the end while Lilith went down to a lot of attention the Illuminated managed to kill two stalkers to keep the kid safe and get me the 2 VP to made sure I won.

Because I want the Self Rightous man to visit the Honeypot I Played 10T for that one *but the Trickster will get a NEverborn game*

• Like 1

On 9/18/2016 at 3:04 AM, Torsul said:

Has someone experiences with the blind deployment and can give me a tip or report ? I might fight gremlins for the trickster and i am not quite sure if I can pick my favorites  (Collodi/Pandora/Dreamer) as they all tend to use some kind of bubble. At the moment I tend to assemble a more elite crew with self sufficient Models under Lilith or Lynch. My opponent usually used a similar aproach against me, fielding fewer gremlins with high WP such as francois and company 

It's been a while, but I had good success with Lynch before in blind deployment. While he has decent synergy, he doesn't need a bubble. Just try to keep Lynch from being surrounded to start off with.

The Depleted did well as tar pits tying up whatever model they wound up by (and one killed Von Schill which was hilarious).

Most of his Crew tends to be independent enough to survive immediate conflicts.

On 9/12/2016 at 1:02 PM, Llesh said:

i think since its first tier abilities it will be

Kid: Terrifying / nightmare

Man: Black blood / nephilim

Woman: incorporeal / woe

See I was thinking the woman sounded like she's falling under the influence of Hungering Darkness.

22 minutes ago, Vorschlag said:

The childs resser victory condition gains power over spirits - I would have thought Kirai or Molly, maybe Reva? 

I suppose the first round is only their first step into how each will progress so while significant it doesn't necessarily dictate their allegiance or final capacity. 

That's certainly a possibility, but I take absorbing to be far different. Honestly, (and of course, this is just my speculation), I don't see it as absorbing spirits, but that one spirit having an effect on her. Though her becoming a soul eater is much more likely now that you said that. Still don't think that will necessarily point her towards Kirai (at least, not until further weeks).