Deployment

SunTsu

Question

I just noticed that, probably, I always played wrong the deployment. On page 65 of the rulebook are defined the deployment zones. I quote just the standard deployment rule, because the others are written the same way:

"A player will deploy within 6" of a chosen Table Edge, with the opponent deploying within 6" of the opposite Table Edge."

This seems to suggest that you can deploy a model at 6" distance from the edge, so practically you can deploy 6"+BS (base size). So, a model with a 50mm base can deploy 20mm beyond a model on a small base.... Is this correct? On the rukes wording I would say yes.

Reading at page 64 we found: "Deployment Zones: These are the areas in which each Crew may place its models at the start of the game.", so probably it had confused me led me to think of deployment as a "completely within" process...

4 answers to this question

It is completely within.

"Both players now flip for deployment. The higher value player may choose one of the Deployment Zones as her own and deploys all her models completely within her chosen Deployment Zone. Alternatively, the higher value player may decide to deploy second, in which case her opponent chooses a Deployment Zone and deploys her entire crew, instead."

See index for Deploy Crew to find the right page in your book.

Edit: Haahaa, I was the fastest!

Deploy Crews
Both players now flip for deployment. The higher value player may choose one of
the Deployment Zones as her own and deploys all her models completely within
her chosen Deployment Zone. Alternatively, the higher value player may decide
to deploy second, in which case her opponent chooses a Deployment Zone and
deploys her entire crew, instead

PAge 92. Rules manual. you were right all along.

The statement that you deploy your models completely within the zones in a different section of the rulebook.  It's page 92 of the rules manual, under Deploy Crews:

Both players now flip for deployment. The higher value player may choose one of the Deployment Zones as her own and deploys all her models completely within her chosen Deployment Zone. Alternatively, the higher value player may decide to deploy second, in which case her opponent chooses a Deployment Zone and deploys her entire crew, instead.

Once the First Player’s Crew is deployed, the other player deploys her Crew completely within the opposite Deployment Zone.

That's why you can't deploy 6"+base size forward.