Da Git's dancing with the Queen

Da Git

Hey all,

So since I got my grubby little mits on Ripples of Fate, I've been all about the Queen, I've played a few games with her and feel I've gotten a pretty good grasp on her, but still want to learn from other people's experiences.  So I thought I'd kinda do what Daniello has done on the Outcasts Forum and start what will hopefully be a pretty epic thread with Tacticas, thoughts on models, crew builds, links to Battle reports and so forth. 

So to begin with, I thought I'd post my initial thoughts on the Queen after a few games.

Titania 101, Da Git’s way

So, I’ve been having a few games with Titania recently, so I thought I’d share my thoughts on how I’ve been playing her.  While I don’t think she’s the be-all-and-end-all of power masters and can’t see her overthrowing say Lilith/Dreamer at the top of the Neverborn competitive scene, she does have a lot going for her and she has been a lot of fun once I got a grasp on how I think she should be played.

First off, everyone’s been harping on about her tankiness and yes, compared to our other masters, she takes a hit a lot better, like Seamus, I think she should never be thrown in the middle of the enemy crew or you’re gunna end up with a dead (and not in the good UNdead way) queen.  So keeping the Seamus theme, I’ve been playing her as a bit of a skirmisher like a mosquito, buzzing around the edges of the conflict (pissing people off!), but never in the middle.

So, in this way she doubles as an enabler/debuffer using her Bloody Command Action and its Triggers combined with the Behold My Glory Upgrade.

Bloody Command is a really solid Action.  With a range of 8” (or Melee 2”) without a gun icon, you can freely shoot into engagements.  Sure, it’s damage track is not really what you’d expect on a Master, but that’s not what you’re taking it for.  To highlight this, all of the Triggers are after succeeding, so even if the SS away the damage, you still get the trigger.  So let’s talk about these Magical Triggers (in order of importance, IMO):

• Behold My Glory:  This one is where it’s at, stopping all attacks that aren’t directed at Titania unless they discard 2 cards is beyond huge.  It’s also built in!  I’ve had Izamu and Ohaguro engaged with Teddy and basically just pass their activations as they didn’t have any cards left!  As good as paralyse!  Then Teddy butchered Izamu and he couldn’t even have a proper Warrior’s Death!  Neverborn are well known for their Glass Hammers and this is a fantastic way to keep the likes of Teddy, Nekima, Hooded Rider, etc safe. 

This plan is unfortunately not full proof (probably good for the game!).  Some things to be aware of with this would be of course Condition Removal and crews that can draw lots of cards to burn…  Special mention here goes out to Lynch, whose Ace in the Hole Ability can halve or completely negate this Condition with one or two aces.

• “Deal With him”: This one is also great for getting all of the aforementioned beaters into place and doing their thing.  As noted above, Titania’s forte is not her damage spread, but with this trigger, she can apply Nekima’s impressive damage spread where needed.

• My Loyal Subject: As noted, Neverborn is full of glass hammers, with very little in-faction healing, so this one is solid, but the other two are better!  They can’t hit you if they’re staring at the Queen or being buried by her lackeys afterall!

• Into Thorns:  Like Behold My Glory, this one is also built in, but much more situational.  This one suits the more aggressive style of Titania where she’s getting stuck in laying down Scheme Markers galore with A New Harvest, A Wicked Silence, the Forest Claims All Upgrade or her crew’s efforts.  If you’re going that route, this could be good, but I like Titania as a skirmisher.

For me, most of her other stuff is not every turn stuff, but usually I’ve been utilising everything at least once in a game.

So all of this is not to say A Wicked Silence is not great, far from it!  If you do get caught with your pants (not entirely sure she’s wearing any, but what the hey!) down then this could be a good attack to get out of dodge with the Trigger.  It also targets Willpower and Neverborn have lots of things that key of Wp duels like Sorrows, Insidious Madnesses, Teddy’s Smell Fear, etc.  Combining them all, this little attack could certainly rack up a bit of damage, then apply Bloody Command with the Into Thorns trigger for max carnage!  (Note, this is the best case scenario, it’s unlikely all the stars will align too often!

Both her Tactical Actions are (0)s and do good things for her, A New Harvest allows her to deal some passive damage (again good if your hanging around the edges and the opponent is engaged and shaking at Titania’s Glory)  This requires two simple duels however, so is far from reliable,, but it can also drain an opponent’s hand.  It also makes schemes like Detonate the Charges, fairly simple (this is basically guaranteed 3VP for Titania!)

Coming from a Ten Thunders background, I love pushes!  The Queen Has Risen, is another great get out of dodge if Titania, or one of her plebs is engaged with someone they don’t want to be.  It’s a little costly, but it’s another way of discarding your Scheme Markers if they’re in the wrong place (say, too close for Convict Labour).  You can also discard enemy Schemes too!  Great to mess with their schemes or Schemy masters like Colette/Parker/Asami/etc.

As for upgrades, as a Skirmisher, the only Must Have Upgrade is Behold My Glory.  The others I’ve been taking are: The Queen’s Champion, this one makes your heavy beater even better and tougher, as well as dropping Scheme Markers galore.  So far it’s been amazing in half my games and useless in the other half, so I’m still undecided on it.  The last one is An Audience With The Queen.  As a Placement, not a Push, this is could have been huge, but you can’t target Leaders.  Still on the fence here too.  The range on The Forest Claims all is too short for this build.  Aether Connection is nice to have, but hopefully Titania shouldn’t be copping too much heat to warrant it.

If you do decide to go down the aggressive, in-your-face Titania, I think a combination of Fears Given Form, An Audience with the Queen, The Forest Claims All, Aether Connection and Behold My Glory would serve you well.  This should let her take several hits and still keep coming as well as stop them from running away and doing what they want.  Really though, I’d probably say Pandora does the whole Whirlpool of Doom™ thing better.  Overall though I’ve found this a good approach to get her killed, there’s simply too many high damage models for ItW to save her.

Thoughts?  Anything I've missed?

• Like 3

Great write up.

I've tried her a few times myself and found her to be very good and extremely durable.

As Behold My Glory looked the best of the upgrades I decided to try the others first so have not given it a whirl yet. The queens champion is great but can be a bit of a bugger to get onto the right model. Especially when playing against Ressers (which I do quite a lot). It does work wonderfully with Nekima and I hoped/thought it would too with the likes of Tuco and Hannah getting blasts out and placing schemes for each damaged person. Though this hasn't come off yet.

I've found 'The Forest Claims All' to be great. As she pulls, places or pushes her opponents sooo much its usually quite easy to get them into the 4" bubble (especially as most of the damage I've been dealing is from her ability to do 2 damage to models next to scheme markers in 6").

This also works well with An Audience with the Queen. This is great for pulling things into the deathball and making them take WP duels. This is even better when she's flanked by two insidious Madness.

As to Crew. The knights are great. Its just whether to take 2 or 3. And then which ones to take. At the moment I usually take Tooth and Claw who both seem to work better. I also take and insidious madness or two to make sure my opponent either empties their hand straight away or does lots of nasty things to their models. Then its the doppleganger and a beater. I'm slowly working my way through the beaters to work out which one works best with her. At the moment Nekima seems to be her best bet, though I'm yet to try Teddy and Hannah who I think would work well.

Thanks for the positive feedback @D_acolyte & @feagaur!  Really helps me keep writing!

This post is going to be the models I’ve been taking with her. I can see this one being a bit controversial as for the last two games I haven’t taken any Fae with her at all (Blasphemy!).  This is not because I think they’re bad in any way shape or form and I do intend on going back to an All Fae crew at some point, but I’ve found some nice synergies in The Queen Revealed thread and have really enjoyed them so fair.

My Core Non-Fae Crew

Titania – Behold My Glory, The Queen’s Champion

Primordial Magic

Widow Weaver

Teddy – A Thousand Faces

Kade

Will O’ The Wisp

Mysterious Effigy

This is a great base with 7 activations for only 39ss.  It has some solid beating with Teddy backed up by Kade/WW/Titania and synergises very well with each other.

In-depth

• Titania’s Upgrades: already covered in post 1.

• Primordial Magic: I don’t really feel I need to elaborate here, an extra Activation and Rush of Magic for 2ss?  Yes please!  Also, I’m not really taking many Minions, so I’m not going to get much out of From Malifaux We Are Born.

• Widow Weaver: A bit of a surprise with this one, Titania has a few Wp tricks with A Wicked Silence and A New Harvest/Thirsty Roots combo for WW’s Web Markers to help out with.  She’s also just a really solid 8ss model.  Web Markers also really help out Teddy, so if I wasn’t taking him, I might re-think her too.  She would also synergise with Challenge if I took Barbaros or the Autumn Knights’ Challenge Actions.

• Teddy/Kade/Wisp:  I’ll lump these 3 together, as if I was going to take one out, I’d probably swap all of them out.  Teddy’s probably the glassiest and hammeriest of our glass-hammers, so I think he loves Titania’s Behold My Glory to stop people attacking him and the extra punchiness/armour of Queen’s Champion the most.  I’ve played Teddy a few times in other crews and he’s usually dead by turn 2 as the opponent just sends something with solid Weak damage over to take him out.  His Gobble You Up, Horrifying & Smell Fear also really shine with Web Markers and Titania causing mass Wp duels. 

I also think Nekima could easily fill this place too, the reason I chose Teddy is due to the Trio and Retribution’s Eye.  I come up against Izamu, Gracie and Lazerus quite a bit and I really want the option to ignore armour.  I’ve given him A Thousand Faces, so if there’s no Armoured targets, he’ll likely grab Malifaux Provides, so he can also heal off Scheme Markers for a 4wd heal every turn!  He also synergises better in this crew.  He’s also cheaper!

Kade and the Wisp are there to use double Where’s Teddy in the first turn, Kade is also a nice surprise for me, I hadn’t used him before and he can pack quite a wallop as a back-up beater for Teddy and Lure is always good, especially with Web Markers floating around!  The Will o’ Wisps are also nice, everything they do is again more Wp duels, so Teddy & web Markers again (see what I mean about synergy!) and the Scheme Markers they produce from these Wp duels help Titania and complete schemes!  An awesome trio!

• Mysterious Effigy:  Probably the closest thing to being an auto-include for me.  If I can’t get the target I want locked up by Teddy, then then this is my backup plan.  Having Titania being able to push out of engagement of almost any target stops them getting multiple attacks to keep her healthy.

For the last 11ss to play around with.  I think things like 2 Insidiouses/Sorrows to play off the Wp shenanigans/Scheme run or a Rougarou to play off Teddy’s Pushes and just to have another dedicated beater.  I’ve also been taking an Audience with the Queen on Titania, but might swap that one around for Forest Claims all/Taproot/other!  I also really want to try out Barbaros for the Behold My Glory/Challenge combo!

As for Cache, I don’t think it really needs too many.  You’re not going to Stoning for suits very often (other than maybe the Rams on Bloody Command), so leaving the base 4 (any extra is just gravy, the last game I had I had 6, and only spent 3, bt luck was in my favour) is fine for cards and Prevention Flips.  That said, I do normally play SS lite.

As said above, I don’t think this list is the be-all-end-all of power lists, I’m still going to experiment and bring the Fae back in (I definitely want to do an all-Fae list at some point).

NP support people when they do this is my opinion because it is tuff.

This is all theory, I hope to get in my first game with her next week:

I can see where the crew will be controversial. I am going to probably run her with Claw and Thorn with a Mature Nephilim. I tend to find almost anything I want Nekima to do outside of a grow list a Mature can do it almost as well if not as well, and in a few cases better (retribution's eye with a min damage of 4). That is 26 points, the rest of it will probably go to some scheme runners (probably 2 insidious madness), Primordial Magic and upgrades. That is about 40-42 stones, hmmm 3rd madness or Iggy as rider prevention lol.

I do not think she needs fae to work from looking at her card, though a lot of them can help because of the laying of scheme markers.

8 hours ago, D_acolyte said:

NP support people when they do this is my opinion because it is tuff.

Hey can you explain this a bit more? I have no idea what you mean.

I haven't tried the Mature before, if I weren't going for Teddy, I'd probably take the Hooded rider.

Turn 2 he gets the same armour which only gets better, he'll have the same damage track guaranteed turn 3 and these only get better. I also really love his (0) Action to place. He's threat range is also huge + stubborn. With Queen's Champion to buff his defences in the early game and boost his attacks, I reckon he'll be set. 

I look forward to your reports proving me wrong though!

Also have you posted anything on Asami? I reckon I've got a pretty good grasp on her, but would love hearing your opinions too!

37 minutes ago, Da Git said:

Hey can you explain this a bit more? I have no idea what you mean.

What I mean is it is tough to do larger posts and it is always nice when someone said good job. It putting your neck out there on the chopping block and people should be commended for doing so. Or if you are like me you where thrown by the NP abbreviation, it means no problem. I tend to avoid abbreviations when I think about it but it slipped through. No, I not being sarcastic about that.

My issue with the rider has always been sort of like a love hate affair, I want to love him but I just do not. He take to long to get rolling and tends to shine turn 4 sometimes turn 3 and I tend to go for a more reliable turn 2 model. Also I will probably try to avoid saying I want Queen Champion on a model and instead let it go where it may.

For Asami thoughts look here. There are a few talking about there actual games with here, me included. My nutshell is she is along the same lines of The Dreamer and Molly but no where near as shining as they are in terms of support or control but has them beat on mobility. Outside of summoning I feel her actions are only ok or situational. I feel her biggest weakness is how temporary her summons are combine with how card hungry she can be. In most cases you are not summoning a model early game to be useful the next turn but rather more immediately and she does not do well with mitigating the opportunity cost of the cards she uses unlike Kirai, The Dreamer or Ramos. I am going to try playing her with Mr. Tannen to help with that.

Asami's theory is easy, the execution is a bigger problem but she can mess with a persons mind a bit, that seems to be some of how the 10 Thunders are going. Crew wise she can go with just about anything, I am running her with more onis because i like the obsidian onis for scrap creation in case I ever do summon.

Played 2 games with Titania so far, and I'm having difficulty figuring out when to bring her over other masters. For strats that require splitting up, she can't support her models. For strats that require bunching up, I might take Pandora. That aside, been playing for the sake of figuring how she works. 

A few quick observations from a noob:

- Due to the placement of scheme markers being enemy model dependent, as well as the 2-inch distance + no enemy models requirement, Convict Labour isn't a reliable scheme for Titania. 

- While resilient, Titania does go down. Having Tooth nearby with her inbuilt trigger to drop scheme markers for healing would be useful, but alas, I left Tooth out in my game. 

- Positioning is super important. Maybe I'm not used to a push heavy crew, but I find terrain getting in the way of pushes most of the time. 

- Agreed that Behold My Glory is the key. Her WP duels were all shrugged off by my TT opponent with Promises (+ to WP duels), but a more judicious use of the trigger would have kept more models in check. 

- I find Queen's Champion to be a trap. In trying to get it on Nekima, I tend to over-extend her and lose her shortly after getting the upgrade. That's 15 points. If I play more conservatively, QC only kicks in Turn 2 and become meaningful Turn 3. For 2 SS, I'm considering dropping it to make way for other upgrades. 

• Like 1

Thanks again @D_acolyte, now that you explain it, it does make perfect sense what you said, I love your posts, but sometimes I do have a bit of difficulty understanding your English... It's also really hard to express yourself through typing!  That said, please keep it up.  I think it's really good insight for the community as a whole!  This is my first time kinda doing this, so please any feedback would be great if anything is not understandable or if I waffle on too much!

Yeah, Titania definitely does not need Fae, other than Taproot, I can't see anything that mentions the Keyword Fae anywhere.  That list is mostly controversial in that it doesn't take any in-theme models at all!

Hopefully I'll be able to get a game in this week and I'll post up a battle report for you guys to pick apart! 

@spikes, I completely agree with you in that I don't think she's going to be a super star.  However, it is early days yet and people are still trying to figure her out.  It's always hard taking knew things than what you're familiar with so I'd suggest keep trying her in a variety of Strats/schemes and with a variety of models to see what works well.

On to your dot points

• Completely agree here, she may dump scheme markers like candy but the control over where they go is very limited, the best scheme I can see for her is Detonate the Explosives.  However, between The Queen has Risen, the Into Thorns trigger on both Titania and Aeslin and Aeslin being able to eat them to prevent Randomising, Rougarous eating them for heals & pushes as well as any model with the new Malifaux Provides upgrade, there's plenty of opportunity to discard the ones you don't want.
  • Again, completely agree, that's why I've taken to playing her as a skirmisher rather than an in-your-face punching bag (that's no way to treat a Queen anyways!).  I played her this way in one of the games and she died pretty quickly as I didn't support her enough and my opponent killed off what support she did have.  Not saying it can't work, but for me at least, I need more practice and it will require a substantially different list to the one I posted above.
  • Positioning is always important.  I come from a 10T background that has pushes galore, although most of ours are pushes friendlies whereas the Fae's are push enemies (one of the hardest things I actually found coming to Neverborn was the lack of pushes!). So that might just be something to work on.  I'm still getting there too!
  • That might be something I need to try more is not relying on Behold My Glory.  That might be a bit of a trap as it's definitely not foolproof.  At least with Ca6, you should hopefully be able to guarantee it going off on a key model or two if you've got the cards to cheat.
  • Agree, Queen's Champion is a bonus, granted I try to get it on Teddy if I can, but on Kade or Widow Weaver is nice too...  Really anyone other than probably the Effigy!  Maybe try taking a few other beaters to back Nekima up or use her as a second wave model and get her up there with Deal with him?
  • Like 1

Whispers attack - the 2dmg and a scheme marker one - is rather interesting.  It exists on the gorar and the henchman too. 

In my limited number of games I've found that copying this ability with changelings has been great - both for their damage output and topping up wounds on the queen. 

I had Titania take 2 heavy beaters to the face for a couple of turns taking lots of punishment, and be on full wounds a few activations later

• Like 1

I got in a game with Titania yesterday.

My list for a Head Hunter, Convict Labor and Leave your Mark Vs Zipp

Titania with Behold My Glory, Audience with the Queen and Queen's Champion

Gorar

Aeslin with Mimics Blessing

Mature Nephilim with Thousand Faces which became Retribution's Eye

The Tooth

The Claw

Insidious Madness

Quick Thoughts:

Titania was resilient and is a Lilith mix when she has Audience with the Queen, just make sure she has back up. Though she does not need the Fae, having The Tooth around as a means to heal is a good idea.

Queen's Champion: though I wanted it on the Mature Nephilim I did not care when it ended up on The Claw. It makes his spear really useful vs cover.

Gorar: He was there, and he actually killed something. He is more of an insurance policy for minions but he is fast and a sort of reliable 2 point is great for his points.

Aeslin: I feel that she and Angel Eye compete for the same sort of role and I am not sure which is better then the other. Both are range combatants that can fire into combats and that can have up to 3 shots. Angel Eye has further range where Aeslin has some more utility effects in her zero action.

Mature Nephilim: Wrecks Face as always, no real other synergy with Titania but some times that is all you need.

Thousand Faces: caught my enemy off guard when I replaced it which was worth it.

The Tooth, The Claw: good durable minions. Do they match the durability of an Illuminated, no but I like them better and I find there triggers more useful.

After a few more games I will give more then just my quick thoughts but the only model's I would think of changing in this are The Tooth for The Thorn and Aeslin for Angel Eye currently. Titania looks like she can work well with a verity of lists.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for your replies again!

On 11/09/2016 at 3:09 PM, Joel said:

Whispers attack - the 2dmg and a scheme marker one - is rather interesting.  It exists on the gorar and the henchman too. 

In my limited number of games I've found that copying this ability with changelings has been great - both for their damage output and topping up wounds on the queen. 

I had Titania take 2 heavy beaters to the face for a couple of turns taking lots of punishment, and be on full wounds a few activations later

The only thing here is I'm a bit leery of the Ca4.  Could be good for the end of turn when there aren't many cards left or in combination with the Widow Weaver to drop Wp.  I'll have to try that in my Wp list!

On 12/09/2016 at 11:14 PM, D_acolyte said:

I got in a game with Titania yesterday.

My list for a Head Hunter, Convict Labor and Leave your Mark Vs Zipp

Titania with Behold My Glory, Audience with the Queen and Queen's Champion

Gorar

Aeslin with Mimics Blessing

Mature Nephilim with Thousand Faces which became Retribution's Eye

The Tooth

The Claw

Insidious Madness

Quick Thoughts:

Titania was resilient and is a Lilith mix when she has Audience with the Queen, just make sure she has back up. Though she does not need the Fae, having The Tooth around as a means to heal is a good idea.

Queen's Champion: though I wanted it on the Mature Nephilim I did not care when it ended up on The Claw. It makes his spear really useful vs cover.

Gorar: He was there, and he actually killed something. He is more of an insurance policy for minions but he is fast and a sort of reliable 2 point is great for his points.

Aeslin: I feel that she and Angel Eye compete for the same sort of role and I am not sure which is better then the other. Both are range combatants that can fire into combats and that can have up to 3 shots. Angel Eye has further range where Aeslin has some more utility effects in her zero action.

Mature Nephilim: Wrecks Face as always, no real other synergy with Titania but some times that is all you need.

Thousand Faces: caught my enemy off guard when I replaced it which was worth it.

The Tooth, The Claw: good durable minions. Do they match the durability of an Illuminated, no but I like them better and I find there triggers more useful.

After a few more games I will give more then just my quick thoughts but the only model's I would think of changing in this are The Tooth for The Thorn and Aeslin for Angel Eye currently. Titania looks like she can work well with a verity of lists.

Looks like she performed solidly for you there!  I agree with you on the Aeslin/Angel Eyes comparison but I think if I were to take Aeslin I'd definitely be putting Taproot on her and taking a few other Fae to help them get out of bad situations.  Especially for Titania, she can push 3 from this, then push another 3 from the Effigy!

Yey!! I finally got another game with the Queen!  It was against those filthy Ressers!  This game I only used Behold My Glory once too!

So, Strats were Extraction, Schemes were Hunting Party, Leave your Mark, Catch & Release, & Neutralize the Leader

So I took

Titania - 4ss cache
- Queen's Champion - 2ss
- The Forest Claims All - 1ss
- Behold My Glory - 1ss
Primordial Magic
Hooded Rider
- A Thousand Faces
Johana
- A Thousand Faces
Mr Graves
The Thorn
Terror Tot
Mysterious Effigy

Choose Hunting Party on the basis that between the 3 Enforcers, I should be able to do that and Leave your Mark, which between Titania/Queen's Champ/Terror Tot, should be fairly simple too.  I also always want some form of condition removal against Ressers, especially with Titania as a The Hanged could really mess her up, hence the inclusion of Johana.

I was up against

Nico (Undertaker, Love Thy Master, Maniacal Laugh), Malifaux Child, Morty (Corpse Bloat), Valedictorian, Rogue Necro, Belle, Crooligan

He choose Convict Labour & Catch & Release

So Titania was was again an enabler.  Turn 1, she double walked and Bloody Commanded Johana to take a swing. Turn 2 she walked, dropped a Scheme through The Queen has Risen and killed a summoned The Hanged using Bloody Command and Into Thorns to ensure the kill. Turn 3 She charged the Crooligan, hit it once with a Wicked Silence and took a Punk Zombie down to HtK and Beheld my Glory. Turn 4, she removed a Tag & walked to remove his Convict Labour next turn.  She also made him discard quite a few cards from The Forest Claims All (a very solid pick, maybe an auto take against Ressers & a maybe against other factions depending on if you you know your opponent, fixed master tournament or if the Strat & Schemes suit a summoner against Arcanists (Ramos) or Neverborn (Collodi).  Any other times this would be super useful?  Anyone need really want corpse/scrap markers?  She took a charge from a PZ & 3 poison from Morty and just shrugged it off too, she would have been back to full by the end from the Queen's Champion if I had of remembered he drops markers!

The Thorn didn't do great but he tanked 4 attacks from the Val before getting Tagged and drew me 4 cards attacking her.  Not sure about this one, with two Enforcers that could take Retribution's Eye, I probably would have been better off with The Tooth, The Claw or something else.  Unless GG2017 makes Minions more relevant, I'm probably not a huge fan, but I still want to try the All Fae list at some stage.

This time the crew wasn't super synergistic, they just did their jobs.

• Hooded Rider was MVP, charging and killing the weakened RN after a Johana Flurry, then teleporting her back to safety on 2wds!  This claimed her Queen's Champion.  He then killed a 6wd Morty on a charge  & a full health Nico the next turn (got lucky and flipped the Red on damage both turns!).  He also cleared out a heap of Corpse markers to make Nico's life really hard on turn 3.  Very solid (especially against people needing Markers!).
  • Johana did her job of threatening to remove Conditions & Flurried the RN to allow the Hooded to kill it.  I did make a mistake with him killing a Crooligan to allow Nico to summon again though. 
  • Graves does what he does, first turn push then beat stuff.  He did it well. 
  • Effigy again was very solid, the Condition on Titania is such a relief. 
  • Terror Tot & Primordial both did their jobs too.  Tot had to run around to the other side, and with the terrain I probably would have been better off with a Gupps (think they'll be my go to from now on).

I think a big thing in the game was that Nico used a lot of big cards summoning, so I could spend my cards beating them back down and killing the key models I needed to.

Played a game last night with Titania against Resser Yan Lo in a Interference game with corner deployment.

My opponent took Yan Lo with a couple of upgrades, Yin with an upgrade ( I think it was necrotic preparation or something like that), Izamu with the same upgrade, the soul porter, a belle, a punk zombie and 4 night terrors.

I took

Titania with and audience with the queen, Behold my glory and Fears given form.

Gorar

Aeslin with Taproot and Malifaux Provides

Mysterious Emissary with Mysterious conflux

The Tooth, The Claw and The Thorn.

I ended up winning 7-5 (after taking a scheme that wasn't in the pool!), 4 from the strat and 3 from convict labour.

My opponent took Inspection and show of force.

The mysterious emissary combined with the knights in this was awesome. Turn 1 my opponent flew his night terrors to the corners to get inspection, so I started moving the Tooth to one corner and the Thorn to the other. Titania moved to the side to try and get some presence in the bottom right quarter and dropped a scheme marker. The emissary moved up and popped out a changeling then popped a land marker down. Aeslin, Gorar and The Claw moved towards the centre but stayed within a quarter and outside of 6".

Turn 2 Titania teleported the belle in and hit her twice to take her down to 2 wounds. The Tooth then walked forward and positioned such that its lure would make the belle stop halfway (due to terrain) within 3" of the land marker which killed off the belle. The emissary moved forward and brought out another changeling from one of the scheme markers the belle had been forced to drop. The Thorn moved further towards the corner and lured the night terror out of it into engagement. The Gorar and the Claw got lightning danced by Yan Lo, mainly because I kept forgetting to use Aeslins ability to stop any moves, pushes or places of my models, which would have been devastating against Yan Lo. Gorar got killed and the The Claw took 3 hits from Izamu and brushed it off like an annoyance. The changelings dropped scheme markers or moved about.

Turn 3 - I had a bad hand this turn and the cards weren't going well for me. The Claw got killed off by Izamu and Aeslin lost a few wounds due to Yin. But she did manage to kill of the punk zombie. The emissary moved up and tried to make another changeling but failed and then failed his land marker again. The Tooth moved over towards the corner and pulled a night terror in getting 1 hit on it to do 1 damage. The changeling near them then used its 0ap action to move in and attack the night terror with Tooths attack taking it down to its hard to kill. The Thorn swiped at its night terror twice and did nowt! Titania engaged the soul porter and took it down to 1 wound and got a few more scheme markers down.

Turn 4 - Had another really bad hand but managed to top deck some good duels in this round. The changeling next to Tooth took out the night terror and moved forward. Tooth pulled in the other night terror in that corner and wiped it out. Aeslin got lightning danced (again I forgot to do her thing) and died to Izamu. The tooth killed off its night terror. Titania hit the soul porter twice doing nothing and then moved away ready to put some scheme markers down for Covert Breakthough ( which turned out wasn't in the pool. Doh!). The emissary got out another changeling and ambled towards the centre to have it out with Izamu.

We called it there with my opponent unable to get any more VP and me able to get at least another 2 (would have been 5 if I'd read the schemes properly).

Things I learnt form this. The knights are amazing. They are durable and having all those pseudo-lure is great. There damage output isn't too shabby either. Had I remembered to use Aeslins ability I would have basically scuppered Yan Lo and the belle and forced them to use AP to move. Especially as his heavy hitters were sitting in the 6" centre for Show of Force. I could have just moved my crew round them and forced him to make the decision to give up on VP to kill me. The Emissary is great. Although he didn't do a great deal what he did do basically won me the strategy. Changelings are great and having the ability to summon them rather than pay is even better. It also means that if I place too many scheme markers I can remove some to still get convict labour.

• 3 weeks later...

Played Titania against TT McCabe for two mini games... each time I took Malifaux Child.

30ss vs. 50ss, interference, took convict labor and set up on Lone Swordsman.  It was the other player's first full game with schemes.

20ss vs. 20ss, guard the stash, took convict labor (we each only did one scheme).

I need to fling Titania up the board faster - she never had more than 4 wounds on her, way tankier than I thought from just looking at the card. I thought she would be absolutely flinging markers but in either game she never got to place a marker...  I took two upgrades the first game and three the second game, but it seemed like I never used them. Lost both games but Titania's ranged 2/3/4 that heals a nearby friendly 2/2/3 is awesome.  Lelitu was MVP for me each game.  Widow Weaver was the first to die in the first game, and went down like a sack of bricks against Sidir and Lone Swordsman (ruthless) in the second game.  I did take a Sorrow in the second game but wish I'd taken two.  The Thorn didn't impress me.

Looking forward to many more games with her.  Next game will be 50ss and I am looking to take a Waldgeist, Hooded Rider and Tuco.

• 2 months later...