Last Chance Campaign Report

Jam_Sandwich

Chapter 1: Welcome to Last Chance

"Look at all the fancy folk in front of the town hall Sheriff! Are you sure the we are safe with all them here?" "Normally I'd have shot them all on sight Mayor but the order was clear, everyone is welcome in Last Chance. Humans, gremlins....things. The Governor-General was clear he wants Last Chance to show Malifaux everyone can play nice together"

ayor Cheddington scratched his chin and mused on. The Governor-General had appointment him directly and knew of his particular....skills. In fact that was probably why he hired him. Of course Mattheson had disproved but then he always did and at some point he would need to deal with his spies that were surely out there. Still, it was a powder keg waiting to happen out there....

"And what if they don't all play nice Sheriff?" He asked. The sheriff tipped his hat and winked "Then it's a bullet or a noose for them. If they are unlucky then first it will be one...then the other"

The Mayor couldn't help but chuckle. "I best go and address them...tell them how the town works and all that"

First campaign on this rock -fell from an initial 16 entries to 13, disappointing but still good as 80% of the players are brand new - Shifting Loyalties.

I'm going to post some pictures of the night but not updated arsenal sheets etc (beyond the first round) as simply too much to keep track of and type :D

Here's our faction choices:

Key - Outcasts
Mike - Outcasts
Aaron - Guild
Chris - Gremlins
Rob - Arcanists
Lewis - Arcanists
Andy - Neverborn
Kev - Resurectionists
Tom - Resurectionists
Si - Guild
JoJo - Ten Thunders
Ed - Neverborn
Matt - Guild

Game Boards Used:

F1473281233787004_7.jpg

F1473281233787004_1.jpg

F1473281233787004_4.jpg

F1473281233787004_5.jpg

Action shot:

F1473281233787004_11.jpg

Not everyone could attend on the night so here's the first set of results:

Key v Kev 
Viktoria of Vlood, Freikorps Librarian, Johana (i got told off for missing the a off earlier....) & Ronin, Mark of Shez'uul v Madame Sybelle (& Not too Banged up) Dead doxy, Rotten Belle, Rotten Belle, Rotten Belle & Crooligan,

Finished 3-6 to Kev

Mike v Andy 
Montressorm Convict Gunslinger, Convict Gunslinger, The Guilty, The Guilty, Fearful Whispers. V Candy, Teddy, Teddy.

Finished 7-3 to Mike

Aaron - Guild v Tom - Resurectionists
Captain Dashel, Executioner, Guild Riflemen, Guild Riflemen, Guild Hound, Guild Hound, v Datsue Ba, Jaakuna Ubume, The Drowned, Shikome, Onryo, Spirit Whispers

Finished 3-0 to Aaron

Chris  v Rob 
Sammy Lacroix, Taxidermist, Warpig, Piglet, Piglet, Piglet v Snow Storm, Ice Golem, Dec. Acolyte, Dec. Acolyte

Finished 5-4 to Chris

Rest to be played this weekend prior to Monday

Chapter 2 – Mayor! Pete got shot by some trigger happy lowlifes...oh and we found this weird crystal, look....

“I don’t get it Sheriff...how can we have been here only 5 minutes and these crystals suddenly appear everywhere??  Already it’s made a bunch of them start trouble.  Just “map it out” I said...oh well, someone had to use Doc since he came out here I guess.  Is this what happened the last time?” muttered the still freshly sworn in Mayor of Last Chance.

“Well, everybody was either murdered by a crazy person or became a crazy person last time so we don’t rightly know.  Hard to think it’s a coincidence though which when...” replied the Sheriff before he saw the Mayors face and stopped abruptly.

The Mayor didn’t speak.  He didn’t feel like speaking.  He felt like ripping someone’s arms off and using them to beat him to death. He had been interrupted yesterday by someone bringing him one of the strange crystals and he had tried to use one of powers to make them rapidly go away but found he couldn’t.  It was like a cold bucket of water had been thrown on his soul.  It was needlessly perplexing so he ordered them to be banned from the town.  Sure he could see a use for them in the Guild prisons but right now he needed to get himself established here first.  That said Mattheson and the Governor General would know about these “null crystals” (he was proud of the name he had given them) soon enough so he needed to act fast to find out some more about them.

He pulled himself to his feet and finally addressed the Sheriff again.  “Round up the crews Sheriff, we need to know more about these crystals but I’ll be damned if I’m going looking for them myself”

Bonus Event:

A dead zone is a Ht 0 3” by 3” severe terrain piece.  Each player takes turns (starting with the away player) placing one Dead Zone anywhere in a table quarter and at least 3” from another Dead Zone until each quarter has one.  Whilst in base contact with a Dead Zone models may not take Ca actions and are immune to Ca actions.

When a players model which at least in base contact with a Dead Zone kills or sacrifices an opposing model, that player gains 2 Scrip

Mike 3 v 2 Kev
Chris 3 - 3 Key
Rob 2 - 1 Tom
Andy 6 - 5 Aaron

What was reaaaaaaaaaaaaally interesting to see at the end of game 2 on the Barter Flip...... Two Red Jokers.... Weeks 3-6 should be interesting!:lol:

Biggest struggle I had on the night was players who simply hadn't put the practice in (despite me banging the drum repeatedly in the months leading up to it!!)

I'll try to grab updated Arsenal Sheets end of Week 4