Papa Loco

Nino

Enslaved Nephilim

3 Pistoleros

Ss pool 2

Schemes – Hunting party & Leave your mark

uc?export=download&id=0ByREuIS6eJgyZ1huM

Deployment – Standard.

Ironsides wins deployment flip – decides to deploy first as I want the cover of those forests against the shootiness of Perdita.

uc?export=download&id=0ByREuIS6eJgyUGVST

uc?export=download&id=0ByREuIS6eJgyeWx3U

uc?export=download&id=0ByREuIS6eJgyNU5uU

Turn One.

Initiative – Perdita

Nino has taken position on rooftop opposite the gunsmith. Focuses and takes a shot at for 2 wounds (but triggers fast)

The Captain moves forward and then airbursts Ironsides and Joss out of their hiding hole so they can move forward.

Enslaved Nephilim shackles Santiago and Perdita forward then Perdita companions.

Perdita obeys Nino twice, first to focus then to shoot the gunsmith again. He now has 1 wound remaining.

The Gunsmith decides to get out of the line of fire and moves in behind the main crew in the centre.

Santiago moves up his right flank.

Ironsides moves into the woods and asks Sanitiago if he is looking at her (1ss to add masks) – Black Joker.

Ironsides tries again – Red Joker – he definitely is looking at her, she triggers him again and he moves up and takes a swing at her but misses.

uc?export=download&id=0ByREuIS6eJgyQXlMY

Francisco and Pistolero Move over to the bridge.

Arachnid walks over to latch onto Santiago.

Joss Walks and hits Santiago with his Axe for 3.

Turn Two.

Initiative Ironsides.

Joss focuses to hit Santiago and gets a straight flip for damage – Cheats in red Joker and Santiago dies.

uc?export=download&id=0ByREuIS6eJgySE1Wd

Nino focuses and shoots the steam arachnid – Takes 1 wound.

Perdita moves up and shoots the Oxfordian mage – takes 3 wounds. The she fingers on the trigger

Ironsides asks Perdita if she is looking at her – (I think Toni has anger issues). Perdita is looking at her and pushes forward.

Ironsides charges Perdita who shoots her on the way in (for 4 wounds). Toni hits her once with her brass knuckles for 3.

uc?export=download&id=0ByREuIS6eJgyRDY3c

Spider moves to latch onto Perdita.

Pistolero focus shoots into the combat and randomises to the spider. Hits the spider for ++ damage flip and get Black Joker, Red Joker. Spider lives (my notes says it has 1 wound left but I can’t remember what hit it for the other 2).

Oxfordian mage charges Perdita – since he is now wounded he is get + to attack and damage. He kills Perdita (woop woop go the mage).

uc?export=download&id=0ByREuIS6eJgyYmRSQ

Pistolero takes out the spider.

Captain moves up.

Francisco moves up to engage the Captain.

Ironsides scores 1 for Interference.

Turn 3

Initiative – Ironsides

Mage charges Pistolero but doesn’t kill him (If I had thought about it I could have, but his (0) elemental strike is only 1” and I left him 1.5” away.

uc?export=download&id=0ByREuIS6eJgyTjh3e

Pistolero walks and has a strike at the mage but misses.

Ironsides pulls other pistolero forward but takes a couple of goes to do, does trigger to pull Joss up to base contact as well.

Papa Loco is shackled forward and then Nino chains to shoot Toni for 2.

Francisco hits at the captain ineffectually.

Papa Loco charges Toni (just in range). He flips for 17, Toni cheats down to 8 with a tome and gets a good shot. Loco flips severe, 6 damage and 2 blast – blasts hit Joss and the gunsmith – Joss takes 3 after armour and gunsmith dies (hunting party scored)

uc?export=download&id=0ByREuIS6eJgyQ1hLN

Ironsides good shot hits Papa Loco – Red joker, 6 damage. Papa dies and does 5 damage to Ironsides, Joss (3 after armour) and kills Pistolero.

Toni is on 1 wound and Joss has 2.

Pistolero walks to score interference.

Joss Moves over near the Captain.

The Captain uses his imbued energies to get fast, hits Joss to give him reactivate. Captain then walks and places a scheme marker.

Spider walks up through the forest and places scheme marker.

Joss reactivates and walks and places scheme marker.

uc?export=download&id=0ByREuIS6eJgyZTVDZ

Ironsides declares set up on Francisco – 3 and 1 for interference

Perdita scores 1 for hunting party and 1 for interference

5-2 Ironsides.

Turn 4

Initiative Ironsides.

Mage uses (0) strike to kill Pistolero and then furious casts at the other killing that one as well. (Toni declares Hunting party).

Francisco moves into forest and hits the Captain for 3 wounds.

The Captain walks out and airbursts Enslaved Nephilim forward then walks into engagement (shouldn’t have moved as far forward as I did – cost the Captain his life next turn).

Nino focus shoots the spider but only manages weak (and can’t cheat higher).

Spider decides the best bet is to run and hide.

Ironsides has Moved over to Francisco as does and gives him a brass knuckle (she is now back up to 2 wounds from her adrenaline). Joss moves in and also whacks Francisco.

uc?export=download&id=0ByREuIS6eJgycC1rO

Ironsides scores 1 for hunting party but because she moved out of position she doesn’t score for interference (silly)

6-2 Ironsides

Turn 5

Initiative – Ironsides (again)

Joss kills Francisco

Nephilim influences the mage to shoot at the Captain but randomises to the Nephilim but misses.

Nino shoots into the combat and gets the captain down to 1 wound.

The captain decides to take two hits at the Nephilim to ensure he kills it for hunting party, misses the first and hits the second – kills the Nephilim but black blood kills the Captain.

Ironsides scores 1 for hunting party and 1 for Interference.

Victory 8-2 Ironsides.

Wrap-up

There isn't much I can think of that I would do differently. Ironsides losing the point from interference whaen she didn't have to and the mage being just out of the 1" meant I lost the chance for another hunting party point.

I was really happy with the crew I took for the schemes I had wanted. The set-up was made easier from me killing his crew to the point I was out activating, but also because he came up so far. I had planned on placing markers as if I was trying to score convict labour to draw him forward but he was overly aggressive.

My opponents diagnosis of his game was he took the wrong schemes for the crew and got to close so Toni was really able to dictate the battle by isolating models and surrounding them. In his defense I have really only just started to come to grips with Toni over the last couple of weeks and so he isn't used to her being such a pain in the arse (honestly I liked her before, I love her now). This game was the third of the weekend and Toni won all three. First two were against Lady justice.

• Like 2

Perdita felt super unlucky during the game. Initiative certainly went my way but it was mainly due to Ironside's handpicked men, Because most of the action was centered around Toni and all my crew were M&SU (and wounded) they were getting :+fate to hit and wound, so it was like a bunch of permanently focused arse kickers wandering about (and when I didn't get the hand picked men I was focusing). 

He can't seem to kill my spiders though, the other week we played a game of reckoning and Lady J spent 7AP to kill a spider with positive flips and me not cheating, today he got the black/red joker combo.

Oh and just an aside the Oxfordian mage with blood ward is a bloody machine in close combat. Push him up with the Captain or angelica and furious cast for three elemental bolts and still have his (0) elemental strike as well, that's a huge damage potential for a 6 point model. If he happens to be damaged and close to Toni for the :+fate, brings a tear to the eye.

• Like 1