Swamp Board ideas

Roadhouse

So I've been working on this

20160831_163111[1].jpg

There's a 3rd structure to finish, and I'll be building more boardwalks, but I need ideas for LoS blocking terrain. Help!

P.S. My personal preference is playability over aesthetics.

P.P.S Nothing is attached to the surface of the board itself. The structures include their "porches" and the rest of the boardwalks are individual lengths ranging from 2"-5.5". 

• Like 8

Haven't played on it yet, but we're going to try it with the ground level being severe, 1" penalty to move from ground level to board walk, structures impassable. Structures would provide hard cover as normal and boardwalks(while on ground level) soft cover.

I intend to double the amount of boardwalks in the picture and stay pretty close the rule of thirds.

Looking good! I built a Bayou table myself and I love playing on it. There is a lot of severe terrain and a below average amount of cover, but that all makes for a different gaming experience so my advice is: don't worry too much about making the perfect table, it isn't written anywhere that you need A LOT of LOS blocking terrain. It's just different.
If you really want to add something, some trees would look good. I used both GW trees and the Malifaux special edition hanging trees.

Here is a link if you are curious

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

All entries are looking great! Really adds something with the levitation on the battlefield.

May I suggest some railing on the walkways, or perhaps beams with fishing nets that are being dried?

The nets should be able to cover large bits, but may be harder to pull off.

Some crates, torches / braziers even or what the others suggested.

Possibly a feeding area to some farm animals? With a small shack, some fences and possibly large feeding trays.