Dark Sphere Henchman Hardcore: Sunday 4th September

Skitt_Happens

Hello All!

I know it's short notice, but I'm running a Henchman Hardcore tournament this Sunday at Dark Sphere in South London. Hopefully this will develop into a regular event, but this will be my first attempt at TO'ing (*GULP*). The event will start at 12pm, and I hope to be in the pub by 3pm... beginners and veterans equally welcome. Rules are as follows (lifted almost directly from GG):

Restrictions
Henchman Hardcore is different from standard Malifaux in the following ways:

• All Crews must be led by a Henchman, not a Master.
  • The game size is 20 Soulstones.
  • All Crews must contain exactly 4 models, no more, no less.
  • Upgrades may be purchased, as allowed by the standard rules of Malifaux.
  • The size of a Crew’s Soulstone Pool is limited by the Cache of the Henchman leading it; any Soulstones above this amount are discarded.
  • Any Actions, Abilities, or Triggers which summon models are considered to be “blank” (they may not be used and have no effect on the game, as if they were not printed on the model).
  • Only one Scheme will be available.
  • The same Crew must be used in each round of the event.

Set Up
All rounds use the following set up:

• Deployment: Close.
  • Strategy: Hardcore Extraction. This Strategy uses the Extraction rules (Gaining Grounds 16 pg. 10) with the exception that VP may be scored on the first Turn.
  • Scheme Pool: Assassinate (Core Rulebook pg. 68). This is the only Scheme available and it must always be taken.

Tournament Rules

Use Gaining Grounds to determine pairings and score the event to determine the winner with the following exceptions:

• 0 Tournament Points are awarded for a draw.
  • All round times are 25 minutes.

The event is unranked, and there are no prizes - come play for the fun of it and the kudos! There is no painting requirement, only that all models are fully constructed and if not official Wyrd products, must clearly and obviously represent the unit selected - if in doubt, please ask me.

Dark Sphere is located a short walk from Lambeth North underground station, which is unfortunately closed at the moment, so the closest station is currently Waterloo. Directions here: http://www.darksphere.co.uk/retaillocation.php

Tickets are available from Dark Sphere's website priced at £2, here: http://www.darksphere.co.uk/p.php?p=73062. Only 8 tickets were originally put on sale, if they go quick I will try to convince Dark Sphere staff to give us more tables, so please get your ticket in advance if possible.

Any questions, feel free to ask here or in PM.

Hope to see some of you soon!

Tom.

• Like 2

The website says there are only 2 tickets left: I'm very happy with the response in such a short time!

If you were hoping to join in, but haven't yet bought a ticket, please do come along: by the sounds of it there will be plenty of extra space tomorrow so you can be pretty confident of being included. Unless of course a hundred people turn up without tickets... in which case some of you will get to play and everyone else will get to laugh at me having a panic attack in the corner...