All the Bits and markers, correct sizes and amounts?

Velvetelvis

Howdy gang,

New fella here.

I prefer to custom build as much as I can for my games, and Malifaux seems to be about perfect for a hobbyist to really get stuff done in that area.

I am making a tray/storage box for my game materials and it occurs to me, I don`t know what exactly all those materials are. I think I have the major parts sorted out, but I am looking around and there is SO MUCH homemade goodness with a lot of variety.

Any assistance or point a noob in the right place to look for some of the finer details on tokens and markers?

How many of each is a good amount? schemes, scraps, etc...

If I am making my own counters, is there an `official` size requirement? are they the size of a small base? I saw a previous discussion that 3D tokens are probably not best because models like to stack or stand on top of them. While a little disapointing from a hobbyist standpoint, I do get it. function over form.

but what size are they supposed to be?

thanks gang!

Every crew will want Scheme Markers. Whilst you can play games with out needing any, a lot of your ways of scoring VPs will want them. 10 should be plenty (although a  few crews such as Titania, Colette and Parker Burrows might use them as a resource, and so need more on occasions.) 

Scrap and Corpse markers aren't needed by all crews, so you might not need to make any, or you might need them. 

You might need some markers for the Strat, this will depend on what you strat is each game, but 5 or so 30mm markers and 2 50mm Markers will probably cover you. ( The 30 mm markers can be used as Claim markers, or squat markers or head markers, or the extraction marker or the turf marker. If you're having fun then these can be all made as different markers, but you'll only use 1 type in a game). 

The other common marker is a blast marker, of which you can get away with 2 50mm bases for. Some attacks will drop more than 2 blast markers, but you can place the 2 you have and then move them along to show what is hit by the 3rd and so on. 

Beyond that it is very model specific. Some people like to make poison and burning counters for their models, but they aren't part of the rules so can be what ever size you want. (personally I use Dry wipe markers on protected cards to mark these). 

• Like 1