Just my cup of tea ? Hello from Wales

Captain Black

Hello everyone. My name is Captain Black (real name Robbie). Over the past couple of days I have been avidly reading up on, and watching battle reports of Malifaux. I really like the Lore, setting, artwork and models, Just my cup of tea ?

I really enjoy Turn Based Combat and RPG games on my PC. Especially Dark Fantasy & Horror titles, Darkest Dungeon is great fun :) 

I have played only a little table top in the past, 40k & Bolt Action. I did enjoy playing these games but I was more into just painting the figures really.

I have also been toying with the idea of getting into TCG's, then a couple of days ago I stumbled upon Malifaux. It ticks all my boxes, so I have decided to give it a go. I will order the new 2E Two player box set in the next couple of days. I like the fact all the figures belong to the mercenary faction as it will give me a good start to building up a Neverborn and Outcast crew. I really like the Von Schill boxed set for Outcasts. For the Neverborn, Pandora and her crew ;) Saying that, I also like Molly from the resurrectionist faction! Maybe they could be next. All I'll need then is someone to play with :)  

But, I digress, I am very much looking forward to my upcoming adventures in Malifaux and looking forward to making new friends here, in the community ?

Greetings  gretster & asrian:) Many thanks for the welcome. I live in a small coastal town called Porthcawl. There is a War Gaming club that meets once a week a few miles from where I live. 

They are nice chaps, but I'm thinking I'll make a table and some scenery and hold the games here at home. My main room is 15 x 15 foot so plenty of space. It also means i can leave the table in place if for some reason a game has to be cut short. Plus I can indulge in some rum consumption while i play with lots of ice on standby ;) 

So, I shall be looking to make new friends to play against, making new friends is always a bonus :) 

I know Porthcawl well! I'm just the other side of Port Talbot!

I can highly recommend the Swansea wargames club. There's about eight regular malifaux players there and there's always a few games being played on games night. You can find their details online. There's also a small group that play in The Gamers Emporium shop in Swansea.

Also check out Firestorm games club in Cardiff - Loads of members and they regularly have events/tournaments in the gaming area of the store.

• Like 1

I know Porthcawl well! I'm just the other side of Port Talbot!

I can highly recommend the Swansea wargames club. There's about eight regular malifaux players there and there's always a few games being played on games night. You can find their details online. There's also a small group that play in The Gamers Emporium shop in Swansea.

Also check out Firestorm games club in Cardiff - Loads of members and they regularly have events/tournaments in the gaming area of the store.

Port Talbot, Not far at all :) 

Alas, I am without transport at the moment, not even so much as a mule to call my own.

In the meantime, I think I shall procure a table, play mat, and some scenery. At least then I will be able to invite fellow Malifauxers over for an evening of battles :)

Welcome Robbie.

Don't worry, I'm in much the same boat, but in a small village in North Wales.

Shout loud enough and someone will come to try and wipe the soulstones off your face, though!

Thank you for the welcome Ortega. I agree if I am active enough within the Malifaux online community something will turn up :)

I am in no great rush as I am still researching and absorbing the game mechanics at the moment. I am leaning more and more towards Outcasts lead by Parker Barrows. With his boxed set and the models contained within the Two player 2E boxed set, Would that give me a decent starting crew, do you think?