Von Schill changes (spoilers)

Freman

If you've read Ripples of Fate, you'll know that after a battle with Rasputina Von Schill was severely injured, losing an arm and a leg which will be replaced with artificial limbs.

To represent that on table, should we modify Von Schill's stat card, perhaps adding "nimble" for his improved mobility (perhaps dropping his base walk to 4 to balance it a bit) and giving him a (2) powerfist melee attack like Joss has?

You could certainly come up with a house rule and give it a try. :)

Personally it seems as though alot of the vignettes hint at a potential rules evolution for various Masters. Leveticus in particular - could his vignette be a hint that some future version of him won't have his Waif rebirth mechanic anymore? ;)

One side of things, the Friekorps probably have enough money to purchase their glorious leader the expensive but boring "As good as the real thing, you won't notice a difference" prosthetic replacements.  As shocking as it may sound to anyone who has ever played an adventure game, often times that all a person really wants.  :huh:  And that wouldn't result in a change to Von Schill's card or stats.

On the other side of things, Shifting Loyalties has that whole section on injuries and upgrades that a person could go through if they were looking for things to model the results of the vignettes.

It makes me wonder if somewhere behind closed doors there's a fight between producing the 1906 versions of the masters using a new set of upgrade cards, and producing alternate 1906 versions of the cards.  (With the original M2E versions being 1902 versions.) 

• Like 1

You could certainly come up with a house rule and give it a try. :)

Personally it seems as though alot of the vignettes hint at a potential rules evolution for various Masters. Leveticus in particular - could his vignette be a hint that some future version of him won't have his Waif rebirth mechanic anymore? ;)

That would really suck as it would take away from much of what makes him unique, but yeah maybe some new limited upgrades for old masters might end up being in the next book? Who knows.

I just assembled Von Schill, i should read this story!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I think the best solution in this case is to have the same master with different rules (and even models) so you can choose which version you like best. A but like on warmahordes where you have different incarnations of the same warcasters (and this was done in confrontation the first time ever if I'm not mistaken). If they mostly retain the same flavor but play in different ways, is a win/win. Get more version of your master for your favorite crew.

• Like 2

• 5 months later...

Going back to an old topic.

What does Von Schill need to make him a competitive master in Outcasts?

I was looking at my Ironsides card, she being approximately the Von Schill of Arcanists, and one thing that struck me was that along with providing a passive boost for her crew, and having a selection of attacking abilities with not much else, much like Von Schill, she also has a cache of 5.

Would giving Von Schill a larger cache of 4 or 5, effectively allowing an extra model in his crew while still having a reasonable number of stones, make him a better choice in Outcasts?

• Like 3

Giving him an upgrade or 0 action for schemey stuff would shore up his main weakness in my opinion. Some new triggers on his attacks could be fun though. If you wanted to make him into an absolute nightmare though, give him :rangedor:melee on his gun and let him take Return Fire even if he's a leader.