A New Perspective

Lucidicide

Re-imagine a Master  

452 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, Aaron said:

I'm thrilled to announce that our first guest artist will be Tommy Castillo. Tommy will be bringing his own imagination to bear on one of the Malifaux Masters, and you have the opportunity to vote on which one. Take a moment to vote for the Master you'd most like to see re-imagined by this great artist. Voting is available on this post and will remain open until Monday, August 29th.

Take some time to check out Tommy Castillo's work!

So cool! I picked up a couple of his prints at Gen Con, so it'll be really cool to see his take on the world of Malifaux!

I agree with the Neverborn sentiment on his artwork.  I'm throwing my hat in on Jakob Lynch as the one I would like to most see reimagined.  He's not bad, but he really doesn't just come out and say "Cardshark" or have any kind of Gambit feeling (not that he should, but it's probably the closest iconic figure dealing with cards). Also, I would like to see the Hungering Darkness look a bit more formidable, but, that's preference...  Mostly he just doesn't come across as someone that could dish out damage or change fate on you, at least to me.

• Like 1

I'd really like to see Marcus.  The Beastlord is a very odd piece, the Arcanist faction model who has no link with construct's or M&SU.  The master who almost is a faction unto himself with his range of beast options.  

I've always imagined him as the wild, savage and primal loner and Myranda as wild fury barely restrained but I don't see this in the imagery or artwork.

The wild lands of Malifaux need more art.  Also I remember that one of the regrets a Malifaux staffer mentioned in an interview was that Molemen were a 'creation of Marcus' and not a separate Malifaux native species in the background.  I think a re imagining of Marcus would perhaps allow this to be revisited and also provide the opportunity to develop and flesh out the distinctive flora and fauna of this corner of Malifaux beyond the Neverborn, Gremlins and limited native creatures seen thus far.

Moleman emancipation!  

• Like 1

Just curious, you Dreamer choosers.  What is it that you want to see changed for this Neverborn model? Creepy child unintentionally destroying the world around him is pretty scary stuff indeed.  I think, for the most part, this is well portrayed in the artwork.  What am I missing?

28 minutes ago, Grayfax said:

Just curious, you Dreamer choosers.  What is it that you want to see changed for this Neverborn model? Creepy child unintentionally destroying the world around him is pretty scary stuff indeed.  I think, for the most part, this is well portrayed in the artwork.  What am I missing?

I think it's really about a re-imagined Lord Chompy Bits.  Not that I don't love the current version (if/when I build Neverborn, that'd probably be the box), but the nightmarish monster that lingers in all of us just waiting to be unleashed on the world seems ripe for interpretation.

I was tempted to pick Colette...there's never enough showgirl magicians in the world.