Reva vs Misaki 50 ss Encounter: "Clever Name Pending"

TheJoyInGaming

Encounter- 50 Soulstones

Deployment- Standard

Strategy- Turf War

Schemes- A Line in the Sand, Assassinate, Protect Territory, Make Them Suffer, Plant Explosives

Kayz

Misaki- Cutpurse, Recalled Training, Misdirection

Ototo- Servant of 5 Dragons, Call the Thunder

Dawn Serpent

Torakage

Torakage

Torakage

Schemes- A Line in the Sand (Unrevealed), Make Them Suffer

Soulstone Cache- 6  (Miscount on Soulstones)

Max

Reva- Blood Mark, Beyond Death, Necrotic Preparation

Vincent- A Deal With Death, Necrotic Preparation

Toshiro

Chiaki- Pull of the Grave

Shieldbearer

Shieldbearer

Shieldbearer

Schemes- A Line in the Sand (Revealed), Make Them Suffer

Soulstone Cache- 7

My goal for this game was to run Toshiro to the center of the board with the Shieldbearers, pushing and granting them fast through war fan and vigor. Once he was there he would use any excess corpse markers to give them focused. The Shieldbearers were supposed to provide corpse markers through the dismember trigger and their… fanatical devotion to the cause, all the while scoring for Turf War and A Line in the Sand.

Reva and Chiaki were to support Vincent as they went up the right flank to pick off those pesky ninjas combating my cult to score for Make Them Suffer.

Turn 1 Highlights

-Kayz begins with an awful hand and stones. Her hand remains awful afterward.

-Toshiro stones for the required tome to push a Shieldbearer and Black Jokers the flip for war fan. Luckily the 3 Shieldbearers around him still gain fast from vigor so Toshiro walks towards the center.

-The 3 Shieldbearers walk towards the Centerline, with one heading more towards the right flank to drop a scheme marker and the other two heading towards the Turf Marker.

-Ten Thunder Minions walk towards the centerline along the left flank.

-Kayz then employs some classic Ten Thunders cunning, as a Tyrant by the name of Autumn snatches Chiaki off the board and begins waving her around much to my horror. Luckily i’m able to drive her back and Chiaki is returned unharmed. I’m beginning to suspect that the soulstones weren’t miscounted afterall...

-Misaki then walks and charges a Shieldbearer, flipping the Red Joker thereby granting me an early corpse. I attach the soulbound upgrade: The Gift of Death, giving the Shieldbearer finish the job. Misaki drops Shieldbearer to 1 health with second attack.

-Chiaki walks, slows Misaki, makes her insignificant, and gains 1 Chi.

-Ototo walks towards center

Turn 2 Highlights

-Kayz and I both stone for cards.

-Ototo kills wounded Shieldbearer and i drop a scheme marker with finish the job.

-Misaki charges Vincent and stones for crows. Her first attack goes through with trigger despite Red Joker defense flip and gets assassinate trigger. I discard 2 soulstones and Vincent pushes away.

-Reva summons a candle towards the center and attacks a hiding Torakage by pushing Vincent and using him as a corpse.

-Torakage runs away and hides in soft cover.

-Vincent chases him down and kills him.

-Chiaki slows Ototo

-Candle moves towards Reva and kills itself to disguises her.

-Toshiro attempts stoning and using warfan again and flips the Black Joker. One Shieldbearer gains fast from vigor.

-Shieldbearer on the left flank drops a scheme marker and walks towards center. Remaining minions on both sides do stuff i forgot to write down :/

We both score for Turf War and Make Them Suffer

Max- 2 Kayz-2

Turn 3 Highlights

-Neither of us stone as we only have two soulstones apiece.

-Ototo attempts to thunder and fails. He attacks Toshiro and slows him.

-Chiaki makes Ototo insignificant and gains another Chi. She then slows Misaki and attempts to slow Ototo but Black Jokers the flip. She uses last AP to heal Toshiro and remove slow.

-Misaki uses stone and attacks Chiaki, getting the assassinate trigger. I decide to let it go and Kayz has “trouble” hiding her glee as i remove her from the board. I doubt she could’ve lived a normal life anyway after the Tyrant attack…

-Reva pushes Vincent and uses him as a corpse again. She kills a Torakage by attacking through him and then Life Drains Misaki for 5 damage.

-Dawn Serpent attacks and kills a Shieldbearer who attaches the Soulbound upgrade: The Gift of Death. Dawn Serpent kills him again and he drops a scheme marker.

We both score for Turf War but only i score for Make Them Suffer

Max-4 Kayz-3

Kayz is out of soulstones.

Turn 4 Highlights

-We flip initiative and i stone to reflip and win. Unfortunately i forgot to take many notes this turn…

-Corpse Candle activates and walks and moves corpse to try and allow Reva an attack angle on last Torakage but can’t get it close enough. Candle then kills itself to allow Vincent to chain activate.

-Vincent shoots into center and randomizes into Toshiro who wins the defense duel. Vincent shoots again and randomizes into the Torakage, dropping him to 1.

-Torakage runs away and goes back towards Kayz’s deployment, hiding behind some dense trees.

-Misaki double kills Shieldbearer who drops scheme marker.

-Reva activates and i realize that ironically the remaining Torakage is hiding behind the same dense forest that one of the other Torakage were hiding behind when they died. After cheating and winning the duel i choose to instead activate the Screaming Death trigger and charge and kill Misaki.

-Ototo moves and removes a scheme marker.

We both score for Turf War and Kayz scores for Make Them Suffer

Max-5 Kayz-5

Neither of us have soulstones.

Turn 5 Highlights

-Reva activates and kills the the Dawn Serpent and the Torakage she spared last time. She then uses the last AP to move her last Candle and use a 0 action to chain activate Vincent.

-Vincent activates and kills Ototo to gain a soulstone

-Toshiro activates and walk and removes a scheme marker.

We both score for Make Them Suffer. Kayz scores 1 for A Line in the Sand. I score for Turf War and 3 for A Line in the Sand.

Max-10 Kayz-7

Final Thoughts

I really enjoy Reva's entire box and i think i will struggle to not take the entire crew every time. The corpse candle's are surprisingly useful as totems, especially their 0 to chain activate a friendly model. I am unsure about the Beyond Death upgrade though. It did allow me to waste Kayz's resources and kill Misaki but i really like being able to start a candle upfield and get the corpse train moving earlier. I also like being able to shoot while still engaged so i think i might start using her other Limited upgrade and seeing how that works out. Chiaki was awesome and i look forward to fielding her again. I am unsure if i like Toshiro without any upgrades. I may field him with Corpse Bloat to help Reva pick off others and so he can get focused to the Shieldbearers.

Kayz was fun to play against, as always. She did forget about Recalled Training and her upgrade to remove scheme markers on Ototo and i wonder how that could've changed things.

Any thoughts and recommendations on how we can improve in both game and battle reports are appreciated! Thanks!