What healers are there for the diferent factions?

Merellin

So, I was curious, What healer units are there for the diferent factions, And how effective are they? Right now I only know of Slop Haulers from gremlins and they seem quite effective since they just heal, No casting or target number, Just spend 2 action points and heal. And if they arent in range, Take 1 wound to gain a extra action point, move closer and then heal. But what do the other factions have?

Gremlins are definitely the healing faction. Not only do they have Slop Haulers, but they've also got Lightning Bugs (a Mask trigger on their attack, or discard a Ram with one of their (0)s), Quality Mash Liquor & Fingers (who has it built in) for a 1AP 1/2/3 healing flip on any target, and also Brewmaster who lets anyone take a 1/2/3 healing flip at the cost of +1 Poison.

For other factions off the top of my head there's The Governer's Proxy in Guild, although he's generally considered to be pretty garbage.

Outcasts have some of the other more common healers - Malifaux Child can do a 1/2/3 heal on 7+:ram and the Freikorps Librarian has a 1/2/3 heal on (iirc) a 6+, they're both mercenaries as well so they can be used in any faction (although Librarians can only heal once per turn if the leader isn't an Outcast).

Nicodem's decay action heals Undead for resurrectionists, and they also have Nurses who can full heal + paralyse on any :crow with Take Your Meds.

Ten Thunders have Shenlong/Sensei Yu with the Low River upgrade that can heal for 2 + another 2 on a trigger. McCabe has an upgrade that gives out regeneration, as well as Tengu that can give Regen. Finally there's the Low River Monks who received an upgrade in Ripples of Fate that gives them a 1/2/3 healing action too.

By no means an exhaustive list, but there you go, that's all the models I can think of that don't really have any/much restriction on what they heal.

Guild healers, not an exhaustive list:

Governor's Proxy, generic totem: don't bother, seriously.

Orderly, heal single target for 2 for 2 AP. Wastrel, same as Orderly, requires mid-card, with trigger for further action.

Brutal Effigy, gives leader chance to heal 1 per enemy damaged. Per. Enemy. Sonnia lays down the blasts and heals 1 for everyone she hits.

McCabe can take the Elixir of Life and gain a targetable healing flip action, or toss it to someone for true regen of 1.

If you just need to heal constructs, Ryle gets a discard and healing flip. Hoffman gets remove an upgrade and heal, or use scrap for a healing flip pulse (the only pulse heal in Guild as far as I know).

Sidir and Lady Justice can self-heal with a discard, Sidir just 2 and Lady J a healing flip.

Orderlies, Nurse Heartsbane, and the Brutal Emissary have end-of-activation self-healing. Regen is start of turn and for some reason we weren't allowed to have it. *shrug*

I've seen some talk about Nellie and healing but don't know its mechanic.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Dogmantra said:

Gremlins are definitely the healing faction. Not only do they have Slop Haulers, but they've also got Lightning Bugs (a Mask trigger on their attack, or discard a Ram with one of their (0)s), Quality Mash Liquor & Fingers (who has it built in) for a 1AP 1/2/3 healing flip on any target, and also Brewmaster who lets anyone take a 1/2/3 healing flip at the cost of +1 Poison.

It's funny, I always figured it was 10-Thunders that were THE healing Faction.

Off the top of my head, their models capable of healing others are Chiaki, Low River Monk, Obsidian Oni, Shenlong/Sensei Yu (with their Low River Upgrade), McCabe (with his Elixir upgrade), Wastrels, Tengu, Brewmaster, Fingers, Shang, Yan Lo and especially Sun Quiang. 

And that doesn't include the models capable of healing just themeselves, which include Ten Thunder Brothers, Wastrels, Low River Monks, Illuminated, Sidir, Hungering Darkness, Izamu, Fuhatsu, Tengu, Ototo Kang, Asami, Dawn Serpent, Jorogumo, Yokai, Ohaguro Bettari and the new Equality upgrade. 

I won't say I'm not jealous of models like the Nurse or Slop Hauler, but I'd argue that Ten Thunders win out when it comes to the sheer variety of ways they have to heal friendlies. ;)

• Like 3

Arcanists

Others

• Myranda (beasts only)
  • Ramos (construct only, upgrade, cost scrap)
  • Kaeris (:aura that turns burning into healing)
  • Mouse ((0) action)
  • Eternal Flame (construct or leader, once per turn)
  • Silent One ((0) action, :pulse trigger that heals Frozen Heart models (including enemies))

Self

• Ramos (when a friendly construct dies nearby)
  • Wendigo (Eat your fill)
  • Hoarcat Pride (Eat your fill)
  • Steam Arachnid Swarm ((0) action, cost a scrap marker or steam arachnid)
  • Marcus (Regeneration from upgrade)
  • Ironsides (Adrenaline mechanic)
  • Colette (Defensive trigger, costs a friendly model)
  • Snow Storm (trigger)
  • Coryphee Duet ((0) action)
  • Blessed of December (Eat your fill)
  • Slate Ridge Mauler (trigger)
  • Ward/Rune upgrades (regeneration)
  • Arcane Emissary (Destined mechanic)
  • The Scorpius (regeneration, part of (0) attack action)
  • Mei Feng (upgrade, heal on kill)
  • Like 1

Fingers is my go-to healer, mostly because he's so hard to kill. Slop Haulers aren't hard if you want them dead. 

I don't like Candy for NB. Not just for healing, like at all. But especially for healing because she needs a suit that isn't built in for the target number. She IS a henchmen, so she can stone for it, but it isn't a terribly impressive heal, so I consider that to be a waste. 

Coppelius is a much better healer, but he needs resources to do it, so he still isn't exactly reliable.

If you want a good healer in NB, you might be better off running Zoraida with a nurse, and then something that can remove the paralyze. Still not a reliable idea, though. 

• 2 weeks later...

Johan (Outcast, Merc) is great, especially in an Arcanist M&SU (Guild's Hoffman gets some help too) crew.

In Arcanists, throw Imbued Energies on him and he's able to bump up into position for his pulse heal Open Revolt if he's not there already. Otherwise, you can bare bones* him and use control pushes/pulls to get him where he's needed.

* or slap something non-movement/non-healing related, season to taste

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 8/20/2016 at 12:35 AM, dancater said:

How about Neverborn, thinking of exploring them, what healing do they field?

Generally Neverborn are considered the least-healing faction (by design, meaning it's intentional). They tend to be glass cannons, with the due exceptions, and favor a mix of aggressive and manipulative playstyle with lots of movement tricks. So as hard as you'll try, you'll never find a "good" healer in neverborn - there are few and they are sub-par, again intentionally. Putting a Slop Hauler-like healer in the faction would break the toy! At least, this is speaking about generic, "universal" healers. Then a few models may self-heal or heal a limited category of models, but that's another matter.

Personally I'm happy with this - each faction has distinctive flavors this way. I play Neverborn and Gremlins so with regards to healing I'm like at opposite extremes...you just have to go with the flow and embrace the playstyle ;)

On 9/7/2016 at 12:33 PM, spooky_squirrel said:

Johan (Outcast, Merc) is great, especially in an Arcanist M&SU (Guild's Hoffman gets some help too) crew.

In Arcanists, throw Imbued Energies on him and he's able to bump up into position for his pulse heal Open Revolt if he's not there already. Otherwise, you can bare bones* him and use control pushes/pulls to get him where he's needed.

* or slap something non-movement/non-healing related, season to taste

I find that Well-Rehearsed is great on him too. It requires another model to drop scrap if you want to get some extra movement out of him but  I find that he draws a lot of fire and having to hit him 3 times when he's down to 2 health to kill him means that he can survive the attentions of even a killy model.  

• Like 1

On 8/20/2016 at 1:05 AM, Bengt said:

Arcanists

Others

• Myranda (beasts only)
  • Ramos (construct only, upgrade, cost scrap)
  • Kaeris (:aura that turns burning into healing)
  • Mouse ((0) action)
  • Eternal Flame (construct or leader, once per turn)
  • Silent One ((0) action, :pulse trigger that heals Frozen Heart models (including enemies))

Self

• Ramos (when a friendly construct dies nearby)
  • Wendigo (Eat your fill)
  • Hoarcat Pride (Eat your fill)
  • Steam Arachnid Swarm ((0) action, cost a scrap marker or steam arachnid)
  • Marcus (Regeneration from upgrade)
  • Ironsides (Adrenaline mechanic)
  • Colette (Defensive trigger, costs a friendly model)
  • Snow Storm (trigger)
  • Coryphee Duet ((0) action)
  • Blessed of December (Eat your fill)
  • Slate Ridge Mauler (trigger)
  • Ward/Rune upgrades (regeneration)
  • Arcane Emissary (Destined mechanic)
  • The Scorpius (regeneration, part of (0) attack action)
  • Mei Feng (upgrade, heal on kill)

Book 5 gives Arcanists the Medical Automaton which has a few healing abilities as well as the ability to give targets Hard to Kill until the end of the turn.

It looks like you left Sandeep off of that list. His push attack has a :ram trigger that heals 2 Wds. One other friendly model can use that each turn as well.

Kandara has Regen +2.

Rasputina got an upgrade in book 5 that gives living friendly Frozen Heart models the ability to consume a corpse marker for a healing flip as a zero action.

Carlos can discard a card at the end of the turn to heal from burning instead of taking damage from it.