Trouble Brewing - Gremlin & Neverborn Battle Reports

Izzinatah

I've just got around to writing up Battle Reports for my last three games on my blog.

It's hard to remember everything that happens in a game of Malifaux - primarily because a lot happens! - so these reports are summaries instead of a turn-by-turn analysis. I hope they are interesting nonetheless!

50ss Ulix vs. Mei Feng

20160814_140956.jpg

50ss Ulix vs. Shenlong

20160811_210101.jpg

Old Major vs. The Daimyo - Shifting Loyalties Campaign Week 1

20160810_205559.jpg

I'll be writing up more of our Shifting Loyalties campaign games, hopefully on a regular basis. I'll update this thread when I do!

50ss Ulix vs. Misaki

20160820_135501.jpg

This marks my third 50ss game in a row with Ulix, and my fifth game in a row with the Pigs! I'll try and switch things up a bit for my next game. I'm wanting to give Som'er a try again and I've just picked up Wong, who should turn Gracie into even more of a beast. I'm also wanting to sneak Sammy in somewhere - holding Ooh, Glowy! for Wong sounds like a good use of her Master Upgrade ability!

• Like 1

Some really great reports in there; I like your style.  The pictures are also very helpful in following the action.

Now that your error with the summoned Piglets in turn 1 has been pointed out, what do you plan to do for with Ulix's AP to start games off now?

Thanks! I'll try and keep them coming :)

I might stick to summoning - or trying to summon - three Piglets. They can't drop a Scheme Marker on the turn they are summoned, but that doesn't stop them doing it at the start of their Turn 2 activations, although this means they won't be quite as far forwards, and will have to activate before Ulix. However, as this seems a bit clunky, I think I'll try making a Turn 1 War Pig summoning triangle with something else - Merris and Old Cranky (who isn't Insignificant) should be able to do that pretty easily. Then Ulix can either summon a War Pig and some Piglets with his excess AP on Turn 1 if I get a good hand.

Plus, I've just picked up The Sow, another War Pig and three more Piglets, so I'm not limited to four Piglets and a War Pig any more..! This means Ulix is going to be pretty busy, so I think I'll take Sammy with the Hunting Bow. Next time I play Ulix I'm thinking of taking Merris and dropping Gracie and Burt (busy with Wong, no doubt) for The Sow and Sammy; althought it depends on Strategies and Schemes.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks, Morgy! They aren't all my boards, but I'm building up my MDF scenery collection and eyeing one of those mousepad mats...!

Had a three player Encounter game today as we didn't have enough players for Week Three of our Shifting Loyalties Campaign. I got to try Mah out for the first time, and she was great fun, as was the Rooster Rider.

50ss Mah Tucket vs Asami... vs Ironsides!

20160907_204943.jpg

...in which Mah does her best Ewan McGregor impression by chasing a dragon with a spoon!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I've played all three of the third set of Divergent Paths Encounters now. I didn't have enough pictures for the first two for Battle Reports, but here's the third:

50ss Pandora vs. Ironsides - Day in Court

20161017_202228.jpg

This was my second game as Pandora, and I really enjoyed it. I'll still be playing Gremlins predominantly, but expect some more Neverborn Battle Reports coming soon :D I guess it'll depend who I want to fight for in weeks 7 & 8, though!

In the other two games, I played my first game as Pandora in the Trickster's Scenario against Yan Lo, losing terribly, and the Child's Scenario as Mah Tucket against Jacob Lynch, losing less terribly.

Yan Lo's crew was full of Ca actions, which tore my Insignificant minions to shreds, and Candy couldn't heal the Trickster enough to get her on my side of the board. I learnt quite a lot from that game, though. The game against Jacob Lynch was better, but a well placed Mr. Tannen prevented me from cheating a whole lot of important flips. I'll be facing him again soon for some revenge, I'm sure.