Random Ripples Realizations

OneLittleThunder

Is there a way for the Akaname to be taken by Asami or is that strictly a Brewie model?

Their dual faction Gremlins/Ten Thunders.  In addition to having the Oni characteristic (in addition to the Tri-Chi characteristic).

So there's lots of ways for Asami to take the Akaname.  :P

A quick check of the FAQ gives this answer

A:  The Hallucinogens Condition causes any Ml Actions which deal damage to deal +2 damage. So if the Action causes no damage, it does not benefit from the +2. However, if the model creates multiple damage sources with a single Attack (such as with Hammerfall) each damage source would also benefit from the +2 damage as it is a part of the Action.

I'm no longer quite so sure on the answer. We had the to a maximum of flicker+3 be a cap of +3, but this is a different case. 

Well, thanks for the input! If the interaction was not worded carefully enough and this causes problems then I'm sure Wyrd will update the stat card afterwards anyway :)

Their dual faction Gremlins/Ten Thunders.  In addition to having the Oni characteristic (in addition to the Tri-Chi characteristic).

So there's lots of ways for Asami to take the Akaname.  :P

Wow I had a special moment. I looked right at the card in my book and somehow completely missed the Ten Thunders crest.

Thanks for that.

I doubt that I'd hire them, but they can be a useful summon for Asami if there's other Poison in your crew, or if you're up against a Poison-heavy crew (e.g., McMourning or Brewmaster). They are cheap, give out (and gain) Poison like candy, and can just steal Poison from another model for free when they activate. Placing Scheme Markers as a (0) is also nice.

They also look so cheerful, maybe you want a bit of light heartedness in horrific monster crew. As far as other poison in the crew, is it just the Fermented River monks and the bite of the Dawn Serpent that hands out poison in 10T? Its been a while since I looked into the faction.

Jorogumo bite, Oiran concealed weapon, Brewmaster, Sensei Yu, either attack from a Torakage and Yin's entrails. We're okay for poison.

• Like 2

Just thought I might stick a link to my blog here:

http://rathnard.blogspot.com.au/2016/08/ten-rippling-thunder-fates.html

I recently updated it with my thoughts on the new 10-T models in Rippling Fates, and I'm curious to know what others think of them. :)

Beautifully painted models!
From the top of my head I can add this:
- With the new 0ss upgrade Fuhatsu is practically an upgraded heavy-duty Samurai and a tougher tarpit then Izamu and Ototo so long as they don't bring the Viks or the Glowing Sabre ;)
- More importantly, let's talk about Asami. Akaname are the third Oni worth summoning or even hiring with her: They can drop down the markers she needs for other things. Granted, they still require a bit of work (because otherwise it would not be fun). Tengu aren't really a good summon with her IMO, unless you are using Feigned Weakness (and freebies are freebies). Obsidian don't really even need to charge, they can (0) and (1) Flame even if dropped in an engagement - actually, it would be best if they are; remember that they can blow up :PNow this gives two options: Should I waste AP to kill this and get burned to, say, free my scheme runner to interact, or should I wait until he goes away by himself?
All in all, TT got even more fun with Wave 4. I'd say I can't wait for all the new models to come out, but I have a ton of stuff to assemble, paint and play as is, so :)

You don't have to Squeel away! Look, I already called an Akaname to Lick It Off, in a minute everything will be fine and dandy again.
In all seriousness though: Four. Fraggin'. Soulstones. I don't like the way Tengu look and work and that was quite annoying. I loved the Akaname from first sight on the other hand, and they also go well with Brewmaster... Oooh, I am so going to enjoy playing Feigned Weakness on Asami!

Think Tengu can be good - I've used them until now with Brothers in pairs to do scheme placement, shooting star, region hand out etc but with Wandering Monks and Akaname summoning in we are spoiled for choice with scheme runners, Akaname spitting out corpse/scrap or scheme will be awesome. Yu can gather them up and put them where needed.

D.

• Like 1