August 15th - App

Lucidicide

I like the general direction it is taking. Regarding the layout, if you need to tap each ability to display its description, I hope the app will be really well-optimized. Also, the order of factions seems to be odd, I'd expect either the same order as in books or alphabetical one, but maybe that is due to it still being in the works. I LOVE the idea of having separate lists of owned, painted and favorite models, I assume you can use those as filters during selection. Will we be able to save not just crews, but also encounters? I would love the possibility to have the encounter prepared for each game before a tournament.

I guess the general layout could still use improvement. Certain elements feel way too large (e.g. headings like "Deployment", "Strategy" and such), and I counted at least 4 different fonts used in those screenshots - but I guess this will all be polished at a later stage of development.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Lakshman said:

I like the general direction it is taking. Regarding the layout, if you need to tap each ability to display its description, I hope the app will be really well-optimized. Also, the order of factions seems to be odd, I'd expect either the same order as in books or alphabetical one, but maybe that is due to it still being in the works. 

It's sorted from best on the left to worst on the right, except that Outcasts had to stand at the front to get shot, and Gremlins are just tagging after Neverborn because they're annoying.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

17 minutes ago, Lakshman said:

I like the general direction it is taking. Regarding the layout, if you need to tap each ability to display its description, I hope the app will be really well-optimized. Also, the order of factions seems to be odd, I'd expect either the same order as in books or alphabetical one, but maybe that is due to it still being in the works. I LOVE the idea of having separate lists of owned, painted and favorite models, I assume you can use those as filters during selection. Will we be able to save not just crews, but also encounters? I would love the possibility to have the encounter prepared for each game before a tournament.

I guess the general layout could still use improvement. Certain elements feel way too large (e.g. headings like "Deployment", "Strategy" and such), and I counted at least 4 different fonts used in those screenshots - but I guess this will all be polished at a later stage of development.

The factions are sorted by color values, oddly enough. There's only so much you can do with gremlin brown, and it's separated from outcast yellow and thunders orange. Makes me wonder if there's a color-blind tester who said 'separate these or I'll never tell them apart'.

Besides, I'm sure the other factions will be happier Guild isn't at the head of the line for once. :P

Speaking of usability, everything that was necessary was large enough font size to be read. I do agree that having the heading 'strategy' larger than the actual strategy is odd, but I could read them both on a screen.

24 minutes ago, Pyrflamme said:

Not sure if you can answer this now, but will the app have in-app support for condition tracking, or due to the wide variety of conditions in-game will it necessitate continuing tracking conditions with tokens?

What would be really cool is if they could somehow connect the condition tracking and a turn counter to then have the condition impact the model that has the condition.  Have a "next turn" button on the encounter page (or wherever) that you can hit which then would cause the burning or poison to tick down or blight to increase.   I realize there are a lot of variables that would have to be taken in to account such as McMourning's and Sebastian's interaction with poison but I think it would add a little bit of interactivity with the game on the board and the app. 

Personally, I would use this app more for theory-fauxing as I like the feel of the cards and markers but I know a lot of people don't like hauling the cards and markers around. I am still super excited to see this!!

Holy cow!! I can't wait for this to be released!! This is definitely something I have missed: the interaction between the staff and the public in this kind of fashion. I held out for about three months against a sea of local Infinity players before I got on board, but now that some people are dabbling in malifaux I have been able to bust out the models and am excited to start demos again. This kind of thing just makes me excited to be a part of the community again.