Job Opening - Game Designer

Lucidicide

Need someone to go get coffee, tea, cornbread muffins? Worked my way through college as a waiter / assistant manager at Cotton Patch.
Sweeping and cleaning the floors? Sure, I can do that.  Helpdesk, troubleshooting, listening to people gripe? 20 years of that stuff...
InDesign, Photoshop? You betcha (and even fun programs like Corel Ventura and QuarkXPress)!
Sadly, all game design experience is just in my imagination.  But if you need someone that can do everything else... well... moving to Georgia would be challenging and my wife might not go for it, but a middle aged man can dream, can't he?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Grayfax said:

Yeah... that's the problem with proofreading... you can read it 12 times by 12 different people and STILL miss things that you will IMMEDIATELY see when the printed copy comes in.  

Entirely This. No matter how well you write, edit, proofread, or otherwise, sometimes your brain just forgets how to English.

• Like 2

On 13.8.2016 at 2:31 AM, Sunspotter said:

Entirely This. No matter how well you write, edit, proofread, or otherwise, sometimes your brain just forgets how to English.

I read somewhere you should change the font after every readthrough so your brains "sees different stuff". I've never tried it myself, sounds plausible though.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Daysleeper said:

I read somewhere you should change the font after every readthrough so your brains "sees different stuff". I've never tried it myself, sounds plausible though.

On the one hand, this could probably help.
On the other, it probably won't considering I usually write and develop on -2 hours of sleep

On the third, inexplicable hand, grafted onto my tailbone, I wish I had some way of getting to georgia so I could justify an attempt at throwing my hat into the ring.