Schemes & Stones Wave 4 Previews (Zipp)

Khyodee

I'm obviously hoping you guys are mistaken about being underwhelmed with the models. This crew is making me think of picking up Sparks. So there's synergy that hasn't been totally considered I'm sure. 

I would also like trying a skeeter to run Ophelia to wherever she needs to be 

I had built a list while painting that was basically the box, Sammy and Fingers. While painting I realized the correct synergy was The box, Sparks and Porkchop. There is so much crazy synergy that is not immediately recognized.

move porkchop to drop a scrap, Burl uses the scrap to give everyone the proper suit and +1 to flips. The Pirates drag him along so they have that suit. Sparks gives whoever fast. 

I was just thinking about a couple of stuff that might work on zipp crew but how about using stilts on him? It's a plus 1 on him attack and also is always good against heavy hitters based crews. 

Also, it might be just me, but I think that the henchman it's pretty good tho would be nice to know the stats on his attack action. It's situational, of course, but in a heavy scheme based encounter he can be a nice threat to have in the backside (something like a moore damage oriented Fingers). And you can always do schemes if you're not chasing enemy schemes/scheme runners

6 minutes ago, EpicWaffle said:

I was just thinking about a couple of stuff that might work on zipp crew but how about using stilts on him? It's a plus 1 on him attack and also is always good against heavy hitters based crews.

Unless I'm mistaken, his Attack is Ml against Ht and Zipp's Ht doesn't enter it?

3 hours ago, Math Mathonwy said:

Still, Stilts might not be a bad option for him since his Defensive Trigger means that dealing massive damage on a single attack is the best way of killing him off.

Yeah that was what I was thinking too..

I mean with a model like him, I surely don t wanna take a huge hit. And also I was thinking about "On yer tip toes" (I really started to love a lot this upgrade) but if I'm running some bayou/henchman like Francois/lighting bug etc it will deny the possibility for an iron skeeter to bring it around if they re in the bubble of the upgrade.

You can still do it with zipps using the 0 action of course but I think it might moore annoying than useful, unless you're against something that can one shot you and you re counting on keeping zipp alive (assasinate etc.)

1 hour ago, Nosilloc said:

But the smoke is different than Zipp's. Skeeters smoke isn't impassable just blocking.

So are Lilith's trees, and people see those as almost essential. This crew has a 3/4 chance of dropping one from 3 different models. Might take more finesse to pull off, but I think it's pretty huge. 

Not to mention - can't zipp drag along burns and use his ability to add masks to his df duel and ml attack, making him basically impossible to pin down unless you deal with burns first?  And with noxious smoke you should be able to make that difficult.

I dunno, I just feel that the guys didn't really think about Zipp too hard.  The iron skeeters seem amazing for 6ss, yet they seemed underwhelmed.

• Like 1

And the discard cards, show hand thing is BETTER than bigger hat.  You get to discard suits, see their hand and then can force them to use remaining high cards before Zipp activates again, or you can make them ditch them too.

Bigger hat has to be used on a master, AND makes you lose your hand.  Harder to get off, and has a big downside for your own hand too.

Again, I feel the guys on the podcast just didn't think very hard about what they had in front of them.  I simply didn't understand their criticism at all, when the ability is clearly both easier to get off than bigger hat and has no downside for your own hand.  In crews that need a certain suit for big triggers (not just summoners) it is brutal - doubly so that you can target low Wp models with it, anywhere on the board.

Combined with having to discard a card to soul stone, and discard 2 to interact, all of a sudden your opponent is running on very few cards when you have a full hand.

• Like 2

I finally listened to the podcast. And, to be honest, I found it quite bad. It's riddled with weirdness and inaccuracies.

I mean, take for example the idea that Skeeters can't ferry anything scary because it's limited to Ht 1. Raphael, Burt, Trixie, Pere Ravage(!!) - all are superscary in their own right. Getting to far away places and getting Fast is crazy. Raph with two Focused shots is really frigging scary. I'm sure everyone knows how scary Burt is. Trixie can either blow the enemies away or haul in all the big things that were left behind. And Pere Ravage can charge into melee and then blow up twice.

It was a bizarre listen for sure.

• Like 3

The thing i guess was that none of them is a gremlin player. Sure the host has heard a lot about them but I don't think they're that used to think of combos with gremlins (which are generally tricky and unexpected).

sure tho I didn't t liked this episode too much! Was nice to have some info but I think that they gave the cards a way too fast look whit out thinking about it too much (while for other factions like nelly and titania were moore interesting and, imo, deeper in analyzing The crews)

Still love the podcast tho, the guys do an amazing job at it.

It's funny because Earl Burns is the only model in the box I'm underwhelmed with, and I think the idea you might take him because he's a 3 stone significant minion is a bit odd in a faction with a 3 stone significant minion that has access to 3 AP, and a 4 stone significant totem.

• Like 2