Wave 4: Theory Faux

Hagisman

So I know a bunch of people don't have the book yet, but I hope some of us can help alleviate some concerns and help increase knowledge on the guild front. 

First off, I know people were talking about the new Death Marshal models and those chained guys, thinking that they were the same model. They are in fact seperate models.

Nellie is already known.

Printing Press(PeonConstruct Journalist)

probably the best Totem guild has, which is great because most of ours are situational at best. Armor 2 with 4 wounds. It's got a below average df which hurts it. It's abilities are Arcane Resevioir(same as Hannah's) and Mistep which deals minimal damage to enemies that are pushed in base with terrain and models near it. Mistep is situational but good against models like Teddy.

its melee is good at disengagin strikes and can give out slow. But it doesn't do damage unless you get its trigger. It's zero chain activates Nellie and gives her Evidence.

Phiona Gage(Henchman Living Journalist)

she is a melee beat stick. She is Living with no construct shenanigans with Hoffman sadly. But she is 6's all around with an ability that ups her Df in terrain. She is Hard to Kill, and has a really good melee that can hit multiple models or give them negatives to Wp tests. This combines well with Nellie's Wp attacks. Also if you fail a Wp test near her she gets to attack. No ranged attacks

Allison Dade(Henchman Living Journalist)

she is a long read needless to say she has really good stats and an attack with Multiple triggers. Her activation means everything for her abilities as they do different things before and after activation; one hurts enemies if they try to attack the other heals allies.

Her attack slows and can do some damage if Guardsmen are nervy. It's triggers can destroy scheme markers, do more damage, or do pushes.

the rest of her actions can reveal your opponents hand to you if they don't discard a scheme marker. Another is a condition that does damage to the target when they activate.

Reporters(Minion Living Journalist Woe)

Similar to Allison Dade they are manipulative. They also have multiple triggers in their attack and unimpeded.they have a Tactical  which can destroy scheme markers and replace them with your own and Reference the field guide as a zero. The attack is complex but it auto triggers push target enemy(cannot target allies) away from it, can damage target with condition when it activates, slow, or negatives to all attack actions.

Death Marshal Recruiter(Enforcer Living Guild Marshal) Rare 2

He has an ability to stop Guild Marshals within an aura from being killed by an attack by healing them to one wound instead.(can affect leaders) it can zero to give out the Guild Marshal characteristic, non-leader only.

It can attack buried models(look out Aonus) as long as you discard a card. 

It doesn't have a pine box but it does have glimpse the void on its melee.

Witchling Thrall(Living MinionWitch Hunter)

12 wound 9ss minion that has impossible to wound and auto passes horror duels. This guy has Lucius's name all over him. It's melee vs df has auto triggers depend on opponents Wp, one heals his wounds the other causes opponent to discard a card.

It's ranged attack can make a target's Wp 6 which can benefit Sonnia and models like the Thrall that get bonuses against Wp6 models, because they attack Df they don't have to worry about the boost. 

There is a zero action to push him towards a friendly model but if you get a crow he has to trigger that he attacks the target.

• Like 6

Hm, not sure about the name, but those Death Marshal Recruiters sound pretty good. Mostly I just really want that bearded one though. Allison Dade's Guardsman synergy and the Witchling Thrall do sound like they might help Lucius out some. And if they help Lucius, I can't help but think they'll be even better with McCabe. 

• Like 1

I (almost) hate to keep beating the Lucius drum over here, but I think the Witchling Thrall will prove to be amazing with him.  Solid minion, with tons of wounds to get soul stones and some great attacks.  A little on the expensive side, but definitely worth it.  Pretty solid with a themed Sonnia crew too.

Super excited to pick up some more status-effect/control models in the Journalists too.  They're going to work so well in many, many crews.

I can see Allison Dade comboing up well with a guardsmen heavy list, regardless of master; and especially with Dashel and his wonderful upgrade.  So glad his shooting attack got buffed for basically free.

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, Vilicate said:

I (almost) hate to keep beating the Lucius drum over here, but I think the Witchling Thrall will prove to be amazing with him.  Solid minion, with tons of wounds to get soul stones and some great attacks.  A little on the expensive side, but definitely worth it.  Pretty solid with a themed Sonnia crew too.

If you're going to beat the Lucius drum, don't forget about the new Ten Thunders mimic model.  There's a spoiler for it at the 55 (and a half) minute mark in the Malifool podcast.

• Like 3

Dashel really feels like a lightbulb upgrade.  It's little things that really bring the kit together, like the summoned guard's attack on the turn it comes in still having focus.

Thralls are exciting.  Obvious Lucius is obvious, but if you've ever had someone inadvertently drop a low Df, high Wp model against Sonnia, you know the kind of terror this can cause.

New Marshals are generally just really cool.

Lots of things I'm excited about here.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, solkan said:

That earlier post should be "If I told you everything, the post would get disappeared as spoiling too much." 

You'll have to wait to get the book before you can use the model, anyway, so being vague about numbers isn't unreasonable. :mellow:

Yup.

28 minutes ago, icebreaker said:

I've bought a book and will wait it for a month, of course I want spoilers!!! )))

See above. 

I know 9 stones is a bit much for a tar pit, but how tar pit-y are the thralls?

They seem like they could fill a lot of rolls with a lot of masters. Not just Lucius or Sonnia. 12 wds I2W seems like they might make good tar pits though and the Guild definitely is lacking in those >.<

20 minutes ago, Ryin said:

I know 9 stones is a bit much for a tar pit, but how tar pit-y are the thralls?

They seem like they could fill a lot of rolls with a lot of masters. Not just Lucius or Sonnia. 12 wds I2W seems like they might make good tar pits though and the Guild definitely is lacking in those >.<

It beats 11ss for a peacekeeper tarpit against armor-ignoring enemies, that's for certain. And I would have been wary about the thrall's cost, but the Ten Thunders seem overjoyed at their equal cost, equal station Jorogumo, so who knows? Maybe thralls are going to have something to make them shine just as bright. I'll probably try them out as part of my anti-terrifying kit, which oddly enough is Hoffman supporting Ryle instead of the mostly ruthless kit of McCabe (Why. Is. The. Fastest. Master's. Crew. Box. So. SLOW. To. Walk.) as independent flankers. Also I want to see what happens when they try to do that friendly push at that stubborn lil' watcher positioned far out in front.

I was wondering why shackled magical prisoners were so...brawny, but I guess it's a visual hint that they were to be tarpits?

4 hours ago, Gnomezilla said:

It beats 11ss for a peacekeeper tarpit against armor-ignoring enemies, that's for certain. And I would have been wary about the thrall's cost, but the Ten Thunders seem overjoyed at their equal cost, equal station Jorogumo, so who knows? Maybe thralls are going to have something to make them shine just as bright. I'll probably try them out as part of my anti-terrifying kit, which oddly enough is Hoffman supporting Ryle instead of the mostly ruthless kit of McCabe (Why. Is. The. Fastest. Master's. Crew. Box. So. SLOW. To. Walk.) as independent flankers. Also I want to see what happens when they try to do that friendly push at that stubborn lil' watcher positioned far out in front.

I was wondering why shackled magical prisoners were so...brawny, but I guess it's a visual hint that they were to be tarpits?

Well the Jorogumo gets pushes, great attacks, and is tailor made for McCabe shenanigans especially since he can give it fast and reactivate as a minion. It's a brutal piece, not really a tarpit though. Its hard to say without seeing the actual card, but I'd be pretty happy if McCabe got a big beefy minion like 10T have in the Dawn Serpent and Jorogumo.

Looks to be the same since theres no other unit entry. The pointing guy has an Uncle Sam "I want you!" pose so it makes sense for a recruiter, but the bearded fellow just looks like an action-y death marshal. Maybe they included one of each (flaming skull guy/non-flaming skull guy) so that you could use the one that looks best with whatever you chose for your death marshals.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, lusciousmccabe said:

Didn't someone say the old guy was actually part of that big spider yoke? If so I'll be cutting that shit off Wendigo style.

You're talking avout the neverborn pic now. Everyone else is talking about the guild pic.

• Like 1