Ten Thunders & Resurrectionist Lineup

Lucidicide

46 minutes ago, Guslado said:

Exactly! Also, where did they get it from? This is the first reference to ice cream I have seen in Malifaux and I need to know where it's coming from. Is it some insidious plot from the Cult of December?

It's 1906 or there about.  If you look up the history of ice cream, the 1904 St. Louis World is credited with popularizing the ice cream cone (reportedly a waffle cone style, but still...).  But commercial ice cream dates back to the 1840's and 1850's.  And ice cream dates back well before that.

The 1850's is this weird mix of "harvested ice" and "manufactured ice" as far as refrigeration goes, but real world 1911 sees the GE gas powered home refrigerator unit (gas compression cooling, I think).  It probably wouldn't be unreasonable if the occasional ice car came through on the train into Malifaux station.

All of the steam punk stuff, I think ice cream and refrigeration just didn't seem cool enough to write about.  :P

Edit:  So I'm sure you can imagine Molly and her gang visiting the local soda parlor, getting refreshments and ice cream, and absolutely nothing bad happens.  :huh:

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, santaclaws01 said:

Looks like we only have 1 model being revealed, with the lightning bug fairy things being by default Neverborn now, and that spider shadow monster that we saw art of in the chronicles.

Spider monster would be a great Neverborn and the name is Bandersnatch on page 49 of the chronicle. Note that beast is also in TTB. Come one Gloom Crows.

As for the "lightning bug fairy things" they may be for the Otherside and not Malifuax.

7 minutes ago, santaclaws01 said:

Looks like we only have 1 model being revealed, with the lightning bug fairy things being by default Neverborn now, and that spider shadow monster that we saw art of in the chronicles.

Hmmm, I'm really on the fence with those weird faerie things. I kind of like the look but it all depends on the render. I guess I might be leaning back towards Outcasts.

5 minutes ago, D_acolyte said:

Spider monster would be a great Neverborn and the name is Bandersnatch on page 49 of the chronicle. Note that beast is also in TTB. Come one Gloom Crows.

As for the "lightning bug fairy things" they may be for the Otherside and not Malifuax.

Check the preview card for them. Has a big m2e stamp at the top.

1 hour ago, Jason13 said:

Well, the TT fell flat.  The only models I really like are the Master and her blind banshee looking thing on the far right, which is probably a good thing as I already want to pick up the gremlin faction after seeing Zipp and crew. I'm pretty pleased with the ressers though. I love the ice cream guy and the ghost samari. All of Reva's crew box are great too. The axe guys miss the mark for me a bit but they aren't too bad and they do gel well aesthetically with the shield bearers.  Guess I'm still a resser first and foremost, though we shall see as Titiana was AMAZING...

I really dig the old advisor looking fella and the rider in the 10T preview. The terracotta guys aren't especially inspiring, but they don't look bad, either. I'm really really pumped for what the Thunders are getting here.

58 minutes ago, D_acolyte said:

The important question is it a frumious Bandersnatch? I was always told I should shun those...

• Like 1

That ice cream is maybe the stupidest thing in Malifaux. I dislike it immensely. Ha-ha - very funny.

The undead lumberjacks look great, though. The Onryo oozing additional Spirits looks cool in art but will likely suck as a model like the Corpse Candles do.

The TT Rider is bizarrely stiff. The Kirin's legs don't bend and the rider is holding the swords really weirdly. Looks silly. The terracotta warriors look cool enough and the serpent staff fellow looks really brilliant.

Nice... so if they can't taste it, but they are just eating it for the brain freeze... because it feels good... soo good...

Also makes you wonder if some game developer is back there smacking his forehead on the desk reading all these references to something that probably isn't intended to be on the model.

1 hour ago, Math Mathonwy said:

That ice cream is maybe the stupidest thing in Malifaux. I dislike it immensely. Ha-ha - very funny.

The undead lumberjacks look great, though...

With me it's the exact opposite.

I think the lumberjacks look sooo generic and boring. They could be from every miniaturegame/videogame etc. out there, seen it about 1000 times.

The ice cream though is silly! Wait not silly, wyrd! Those silly minis are part of what makes Malifaux so great i think. It's a cut-throat world with different horrors on each corner, hardy criminals, a corrupt government etc. but then there are those funny moments that accentuate the whole thing perfectly.
I frickin LOVE the Ice Cream and think if anything it's a bit small for such a big boy :lol:

• Like 2

It's kinda weird to me that people keep saying they think the 10T Rider's pose looks too stiff, that it's front legs are in an unnatural pose.

It's in a landing pose, like any horse that is landing after a jump (or flight in this case) of course it's legs are going to be stiff and stretched out.
That's natural!

And yes, it is definitely jumping/landing.  You can see it's back legs are raised up.   In fact, it's basically in EXACTLY this pose.

4743_1168075121096_1204488081_467630_604

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, Nexus said:

It's kinda weird to me that people keep saying they think the 10T Kirin's pose looks too stiff, that it's front legs are too stiff.

It's in a landing pose, like any horse that is landing after a jump (or flight in this case) of course it's legs are going to be stiff and stretched out.

And yes, it is definitely jumping/landing.  You can see it's back legs are raised up.   In fact, it's basically in EXACTLY this pose.

4743_1168075121096_1204488081_467630_604

After seeing this picture of real horse landing I think the Thunder Rider's pose looks even weirder... I wouldn't judge it without seeing at least a render though, a lot can happen between art and model.

55 minutes ago, Daysleeper said:

The ice cream though is silly! Wait not silly, wyrd! Those silly minis are part of what makes Malifaux so great i think. It's a cut-throat world with different horrors on each corner, hardy criminals, a corrupt government etc. but then there are those funny moments that accentuate the whole thing perfectly.
I frickin LOVE the Ice Cream and think if anything it's a bit small for such a big boy :lol:

I like my funny more subtle when it comes to non-Gremlins. Sue, for example, is funny in a good way. But you are naturally free to disagree - not everyone has to like the same things.

10 minutes ago, SoylentRobot said:

its a shame that wyrd uses indestructible super-titanium to make their models, otherwise you could just remove that ice cream with some clippers or something

I can also buy a mini from a different company. Many models out there that would work wonderfully. If I pay premium price I expect a product I like.

20 minutes ago, Math Mathonwy said:

I like my funny more subtle when it comes to non-Gremlins. Sue, for example, is funny in a good way. But you are naturally free to disagree - not everyone has to like the same things.

I can also buy a mini from a different company. Many models out there that would work wonderfully. If I pay premium price I expect a product I like.

Well if it's true that Mr. Ice Cream is part of Molly's lot then it does fit her more off the wall theme.

And it's a good point about the mini, there are a lot of hulking beasts out there so I for one am glad that Wyrd has set this one apart by giving it a nice frozen treat. The fact that it would be easy to convert into just about anything else a tentacle could hold is just gravy.