Flesh construct- possible proxies

Ogre_man

Maybe this question was asked already, but still.

As of now, the only way to get a Construct is via crew box or monopose model.

But what to do if you need third one/different one/one for Leveticus/one to summon via Carrion Emissary if you do not play Mourning?

Is there an established practice of what to use as alternative/proxy/count-as?

17 hours ago, Bengt said:

I'm using a mildly converted The Carver as a Flesh construct.

FleshConstruct_zpstox23v9l.jpg

Oh NO!  Someone put a Melta bomb and a Auspex on that Carver's Back!  The HUMANITY...

All said it is actually a good way to convert it.  I got the metal one back when places were discounting them so that and the one from the McMourning box have done me well as I have not needed a third yet. 

8 hours ago, Bengt said:

Say what you will about Games Workshop, but their kits usually have a lot of extra bits. :) 

Agreed.  I still use some of them from time to time.  I built up quite the collection of random things from one of the local game shops having a Bitz box.  Though the thought of turning a Flesh Construct into a walking bomb is something I could see McMourning or Seamus thinking about.

39 minutes ago, Ogre_man said:

And what about Students as a Construct proxy? Are they acceptable?

The problem with that is that they already are something in the game, a model from another system or Carver (while he is a Malifaux model he is only himself in two or three special scenarios) doesn't have any preconceptions attached to them. Unless you convert them of course. And well, if your opponent agrees you can use absolutely anything to proxy with, e.g. a blank base with a note on it. But at a tournament there is an expectation of being able to read the board at a glance.

• 8 months later...
4 hours ago, edopersichetti said:

I love your base! What did you use?

0.25 mm plasticard cut into strips, scratched up with coarse sand paper and the tip of file. Then I cut the strips to fit inside the lip of the base, gluing down each one (or pair if it's a plank with a joint) before starting on the next (I typically do a couple of bases in parallel). I like to make my base decorations out of plastic so I attach the miniature with plastic glue.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bengt said:

0.25 mm plasticard cut into strips, scratched up with coarse sand paper and the tip of file. Then I cut the strips to fit inside the lip of the base, gluing down each one (or pair if it's a plank with a joint) before starting on the next (I typically do a couple of bases in parallel). I like to make my base decorations out of plastic so I attach the miniature with plastic glue.

Wow, it sure sounds like a lot of work, but it looks great! I might have to try this. The effect that I've been getting so far using Milliput is not quite as precise.