Favorite Art?

Cinnamon Bear

I've been going back through my TTB books again recently after seeing the Vassal mod for it come out, and thinking about running a game. The art in the books is great, and I love how some of the neat character art has been turned into models like Doctor Dufresne (In Defense of Innocence). It got me thinking about some of the other great illustrations that would make fantastic models, that aren't already covered by the multi-part kits.

So far I think my favorite that I'd like to see is the Chemist from Under Quarantine. She'd make an excellent alt/miss for Rafkin that would fit with Kirai. The Riotbreaker construct from the Fatemaster's book also looks like it would be fun- who wouldn't want a giant shotgun toting robot? Are there any illustrations you hope might see models some day (or hope are spoilers from unreleased books)? 

• 2 weeks later...

This are some of the artwork I would like to see becoming miniatures, I presume that what this post is about even if the title says something else :)

The Malifaux train shown many times though the TTB books.

Into the Steam book: The female infiltrator

Under Quarantine: Emeline Bellerose, The Bully, The Necromancer, A female version of the Sawbone... well the male would be nice to but not ad the top of my list :), the Edict (pistol) on a weapon sprue.

Into the Bayou: ?

10 minutes ago, WalkingInBlack said:

This are some of the artwork I would like to see becoming miniatures, I presume that what this post is about even if the title says something else :)

Well if you want it to become a miniature it's probably one of your favorites! That was the thought anyway! :D

It was brought up last week in another thread in this section, but someone wanted to see Ester, a Tormented Showgirl from Northern Aggression. I'm hoping to have my hands on that book later this week, and maybe I'll see some other artwork I'd want miniatures of.

10 minutes ago, Cinnamon Bear said:

Well if you want it to become a miniature it's probably one of your favorites! That was the thought anyway! :D

It was brought up last week in another thread in this section, but someone wanted to see Ester, a Tormented Showgirl from Northern Aggression. I'm hoping to have my hands on that book later this week, and maybe I'll see some other artwork I'd want miniatures of.

Well there was some artwork I liked but its not directly in any of the books that I have but it is on the TTB Fate cards, its the showgirl walking away from a explosion (red joker), a widow in a black dress (12 crow), and female ninja/samurai/mercenary/bandit type (11 Mask). I would like to see some of those as miniatures as well.

I like the 11 Mask artwork quite a bit, and the 12 Crow is the Widow Ferris from In Defense of Innocence. Since we got Doctor Dufresne from that Penny Dreadful, and also the upcoming Allison Dade, its entirely possible we see her in the future. 11 Mask has been used a handful of times to represent different characters though. I don't have the TTB kit so I don't know if its something you can assemble out of parts.

34 minutes ago, Cinnamon Bear said:

I like the 11 Mask artwork quite a bit, and the 12 Crow is the Widow Ferris from In Defense of Innocence. Since we got Doctor Dufresne from that Penny Dreadful, and also the upcoming Allison Dade, its entirely possible we see her in the future. 11 Mask has been used a handful of times to represent different characters though. I don't have the TTB kit so I don't know if its something you can assemble out of parts.

Well the Female Multi-part Kit doesn't have the parts to make the female character from 11 Mask, and there isn't even parts to make 3 of the 4 females shown on the Female Multi-part Kit box cover.

But I have to say I want a Female Gremlin Multi-part Kit, which I know isn't directly artwork related :)

Gmorts has some more photos of that WIP cabinet. This one shows all of them. I really like the alternate Titania using the actual red joker art, and what appears to be what would make a great female Dashel, from TtB art IIRC. Less female pinup, more burly badass.

The%2BOther%2BSide%2B%25287%2529.jpg

2 hours ago, -Loki- said:

Gmorts has some more photos of that WIP cabinet. This one shows all of them. I really like the alternate Titania using the actual red joker art, and what appears to be what would make a great female Dashel, from TtB art IIRC. Less female pinup, more burly badass.

The%2BOther%2BSide%2B%25287%2529.jpg

Looks like the Chemist has fallen and can't get up :)

Its interesting that the alt-Dashel and the Bully seems to look a bit similar, style wise that is.

large.57a7e2ff2ceeb_10_26Preview.jpg

3 minutes ago, WalkingInBlack said:

Looks like the Chemist has fallen and can't get up :)

One of the flasks exploded and knocked her over with the blast. :P

That art (and by extension, mini) was awesome. I thought there couldn't be a more intimidating female than the femme-executioner. I was wrong. Definitely from the same 'make no mistake, I ONLY tolerate your BS because you pay me well enough' family tree as Dashel.

But what intrigues me, as a hopeless devotee of giant stompybots, is the construct with the caged man, on a peacekeeper-sized base, with a weapon corresponding to no construct which I can bring to mind....

I do like the picture from A Night in Rottenburg last page - a pitful zombie in front of Victorian ladies and gentlemen.
Also I like Plague Picker (UQ p.182) and I think it would be a great model.
A construct with an imprisoned man and a hammer is awesome. I saw him in FA or FMA and his model in the picture above but I have no idea what it is.