The Queen revealed

santaclaws01

My plan is slightly expensive, but on paper it seems like a good one. Titania and barbaros, she has fears, and an insidious nearby. Titania and B both taunt, so either way you have the WP duel, and IM makes it card intensive to cheat. Fears on her, or both her and Barb, seems solid, but just needs careful positioning for the IM to stay out of danger. Incorporeal though, so shouldn't be too hard 

3 hours ago, Four_N_Six said:

My plan is slightly expensive, but on paper it seems like a good one. Titania and barbaros, she has fears, and an insidious nearby. Titania and B both taunt, so either way you have the WP duel, and IM makes it card intensive to cheat. Fears on her, or both her and Barb, seems solid, but just needs careful positioning for the IM to stay out of danger. Incorporeal though, so shouldn't be too hard 

You could try Mr. Tannen instead. He's more awkward to get in place, but his aura is bigger and a hell of a lot more powerful.  

19 minutes ago, Seryjniak said:

The more that i think of it Titania can run themathic tree crew - waldgaist work well with slow distribution and using emisary terrain markers and totem can paralyse slowed models - this could be good - also bad juju ?

Unfortunately Waldgeist don't really work that well for causing slow. The Trigger isn't built in and their Ml is pretty low, so it tends to be more of an added bonus when it comes up rather than something to build around. 

• 2 weeks later...

Got my first game in with Titania last night, running her crew straight out of the box plus Graves and the Effigy. Played against Reva, who was pretty much using her box set plus the Emissary, Effigy, and a Crooligan. Some thoughts follow.

Titania: To be honest I was a little underwhelmed. There were indeed a ton of scheme markers down, but Titania herself didn't actually accomplish all that much. Admittedly there was a lot of user error involved, but after the game we were brainstorming a bit and trying to think what Titania really did that other masters couldn't do and probably do better. 12W and impossible to wound is nice, but high min damage is a real thing and she eventually got focused down. The problem with her pulse to put down markers and aura to cause damage is they are both simple duels, and your opponent has a lot of flexibility in choosing which ones they really care about. Her damage output was not very high, even with plenty of markers down. Right now my best idea to get the most use out of her is still to have her be a tank and take the upgrade that makes people attack her or discard, but also give her Aether Connection and a full cache and keep her close to something that can drop a lot of markers to heal her up (like Aeslin).

Aeslin: I was pleasantly surprised by Aeslin. Her 6" aura of negative flips on enemy cast actions was a huge thorn in my opponent's side. I really missed having the Doppelganger in this crew, as against many opponents I would want to cheat initiative and have her activate first to get that bubble up. I also used her to carry Taproot, which I think against anyone other than Reva would have been a great defensive option. Unfortunately there were enough corpse markers down that it was hard to push somewhere that she couldn't attack. 

Knights: They weren't terrible, but for minions that are competing in that 7ss slot with Illuminated and various enforcers I don't know that they really made their case. I certainly wouldn't take all 3 again. 

Gorar: I did end up using its ability to summon Thorn back after Reva killed her, but the fact that the model dies and is summoned back with Slow is a huge limitation. Seems unlikely I will take it over the Primordial in the future. 

Overall: She was fun to play and very different, but at the moment I can't see her moving into what I see as our upper echelon of Dreamer/Lilith/Collodi. 

1 hour ago, Bodiless said:

Got my first game in with Titania last night, running her crew straight out of the box plus Graves and the Effigy. Played against Reva, who was pretty much using her box set plus the Emissary, Effigy, and a Crooligan. Some thoughts follow.

Titania: To be honest I was a little underwhelmed. There were indeed a ton of scheme markers down, but Titania herself didn't actually accomplish all that much. Admittedly there was a lot of user error involved, but after the game we were brainstorming a bit and trying to think what Titania really did that other masters couldn't do and probably do better. 12W and impossible to wound is nice, but high min damage is a real thing and she eventually got focused down. The problem with her pulse to put down markers and aura to cause damage is they are both simple duels, and your opponent has a lot of flexibility in choosing which ones they really care about. Her damage output was not very high, even with plenty of markers down. Right now my best idea to get the most use out of her is still to have her be a tank and take the upgrade that makes people attack her or discard, but also give her Aether Connection and a full cache and keep her close to something that can drop a lot of markers to heal her up (like Aeslin).

Aeslin: I was pleasantly surprised by Aeslin. Her 6" aura of negative flips on enemy cast actions was a huge thorn in my opponent's side. I really missed having the Doppelganger in this crew, as against many opponents I would want to cheat initiative and have her activate first to get that bubble up. I also used her to carry Taproot, which I think against anyone other than Reva would have been a great defensive option. Unfortunately there were enough corpse markers down that it was hard to push somewhere that she couldn't attack. 

Knights: They weren't terrible, but for minions that are competing in that 7ss slot with Illuminated and various enforcers I don't know that they really made their case. I certainly wouldn't take all 3 again. 

Gorar: I did end up using its ability to summon Thorn back after Reva killed her, but the fact that the model dies and is summoned back with Slow is a huge limitation. Seems unlikely I will take it over the Primordial in the future. 

Overall: She was fun to play and very different, but at the moment I can't see her moving into what I see as our upper echelon of Dreamer/Lilith/Collodi. 

Did you take Forest Claims All?  Seems like it would be quite useful vs Reva and corpse marker shenanigans.

I do agree that playing all 3 knights together seems unlikely in the long run.  I still think they will find their spot somewhere though.

Tanky Titania is definitely what I want to explore, perhaps her, Barbaros, and 2 Sorrows to start.

29 minutes ago, MetaphoricDragn said:

Did you take Forest Claims All?  Seems like it would be quite useful vs Reva and corpse marker shenanigans.

I do agree that playing all 3 knights together seems unlikely in the long run.  I still think they will find their spot somewhere though.

Tanky Titania is definitely what I want to explore, perhaps her, Barbaros, and 2 Sorrows to start.

I did take Forest. And it stopped some markers, but again my opponent could decide if he needed that marker enough to warrant spending the card. And the aura is only 4" so sometimes he could place the marker in a position to avoid it. Not to mention just killing my guys.

4 minutes ago, -Loki- said:

The Emmisary seems like it would have been a nice addition to that crew in that matchup. Its ranged ability that eats corpse markers around the target would stop Reva attacking through them. Doesn't have Titania conflux yet, but the base conflux is still nice.

There is no Titania conflux or one for any of the new Masters made by Wyrd, nor likely to be one for at least a year or more, if ever.

21 minutes ago, -Loki- said:

The Emmisary seems like it would have been a nice addition to that crew in that matchup. Its ranged ability that eats corpse markers around the target would stop Reva attacking through them. Doesn't have Titania conflux yet, but the base conflux is still nice.

Unfortunately most of the corpse markers were mixed in with my crew and all of the scheme markers I was putting down. So the Emissary would have basically reset both crews to zero in terms of their resource, since it pulses away corpse, scrap, and scheme markers. I could definitely see taking the Emissary if I thought I was going up against Reva and using a different crew.... but honestly most of the time if I am going up against Ressers I expect to see Kirai or Molly who don't really care about corpse markers. 

2 hours ago, asrian said:

There is no Titania conflux or one for any of the new Masters made by Wyrd, nor likely to be one for at least a year or more, if ever.

I... said that? I said there's no Titania conflux, but she can take the Emmisary with the base conflux which is still nice. Just as his opponentl likely did using the Carrior Emmisary with Reva.

7 hours ago, -Loki- said:

I... said that? I said there's no Titania conflux, but she can take the Emmisary with the base conflux which is still nice. Just as his opponentl likely did using the Carrior Emmisary with Reva.

He actually used My Little Helper on the Emissary, which is pretty impressive upgrade. Enemy models can't target it unless they are within 3", which pretty much squashed my plan to use the various challenges on the knights to drag it in and murder it. 

1 hour ago, Bodiless said:

He actually used My Little Helper on the Emissary, which is pretty impressive upgrade. Enemy models can't target it unless they are within 3", which pretty much squashed my plan to use the various challenges on the knights to drag it in and murder it. 

Isn't the 3" target thing once per game?

I would very interested in hearing from anyone who used her during the beta as to how it was imagined that she would play. I'm not sure what the terms of the NDA were, so there might not be anything that can be shared. But so far from the very limited table experience the general community has it seems like she is interesting on paper but doesn't quite work in practice. 

Nothing can be shared, and even those who were play testers cannot even tell you that, from what I've heard. 

I personally think, as a massive generalization that certainly doesn't apply to everyone, that the issue is that Titania is essentially a scheme based resser master that was plopped down in the NB. I play both factions, but I'm not as good with NB. There is, at least to me, a fundamental different way you manage cards and play the master between both factions. I look at Titania and personally see something that is vastly stronger than she should be. But I'm looking at her through a resser lens, and not a comparative NB one. You cannot play Titania like a bog standard NB master and do well with her. You have to play her like a Resser, and you'll do better, I think.

• Like 1