The Queen revealed

santaclaws01

7 hours ago, Clockwork_Fish said:

This is just speculation, but in Through the Breach, it describes the Nephilim as descendants of Malifaux's original inhabitants, descended into barbarism.  If the Fae were there before the Neverborn, then I'd imagine there will be some awkward conversations.

Are they not Malifaux's original human inhabitants?

There could have been non-human races predating them or around at the same time. 

12 hours ago, Nical said:

The Queen has risen - Movement Trick. But I think its efficiency is low, So I think it must use for "important" model.

Unlike most of her other scheme marker tricks this one isn't limited to friendly scheme markers so it can used for clearing enemy ones. The push is a bonus (and it's "up to" so you don't even have to move any of your models if you are happy with their positions and just want remove scheme markers).

• Like 2

I have to say, I'm not...thrilled with Titania's model, which I know puts me in the minority.  Part of it is bias in that I went to a lot of trouble converting my Lilith model to have wings just like that.

gallery_25101_257_823973.jpg

But also, I find her a bit incongruous next to the rest of her crew.  They're all wood elf-y and here's Titania looking like she woke up in a coma ward during the zombie apocalypse.

"We are here to serve you my Queen!  Might I suggest we find you some pants?  No?  Just going to fly around wearing a discarded pillow case?  Alright then."

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Clockwork_Fish said:

But also, I find her a bit incongruous next to the rest of her crew.  They're all wood elf-y and here's Titania looking like she woke up in a coma ward during the zombie apocalypse.

Isn't one of them a random Cobra?

But yeah, if Aeslin looked a bit more like Titania (and a bit less like she is wearing some sort of tentacle tree) I think she'd look a bit less out of place. I personally just don't like Titania's face as it appears in the renders, otherwise I'm pretty happy with the box. I'm sure if you painted Titania up in more woodland colours she could fit in pretty nicely.

1 hour ago, Clockwork_Fish said:

"We are here to serve you my Queen!  Might I suggest we find you some pants?  No?  Just going to fly around wearing a discarded pillow case?  Alright then."

I think it's meant have the effect of the fairy in the forest when surrounded by her crew. That's kinda how I see it anyway.

I'm guessing her appearance is part of her undeadness.  Not sure if the rest of her crew will share that trait.  It also says in her fluff that she was betrayed by her followers after they took care of the Tyrant problem because they feared her power, so that's probably got a little to do with it as well.  I don't recall it saying specifically how they took care of her.

My guess is that the Fae will come out to be the original inhabitants of Malifaux, which would make sense considering her royal status she's walking around claiming.  Whether Lilith is willing to give up her position is a different story.  And I know damn well Nekima won't without a fight.  So some interesting Neverborn stories coming up, I'm sure.

25 minutes ago, Four_N_Six said:

I'm guessing her appearance is part of her undeadness.  Not sure if the rest of her crew will share that trait.  It also says in her fluff that she was betrayed by her followers after they took care of the Tyrant problem because they feared her power, so that's probably got a little to do with it as well. 

It's a little less "she was betrayed" and a little more like "killed by her subjects and when it didn't take imprisoned with her friends, because she had brought the Grave Spirit to Malifaux and sold out her world for power and would have destroyed all life". Kythera got destroyed but Von Schill and friends accidentally opened up her prison at Nythera. She's undead both because she got killed, and because she's suffused with necromantic power from The Grave Spirit.

But I think the disparity is mostly to show just how different and unique she is. Lilith also stands in pretty stark contrast to her crew.

1 hour ago, Cinnamon Bear said:

It's a little less "she was betrayed" and a little more like "killed by her subjects and when it didn't take imprisoned with her friends, because she had brought the Grave Spirit to Malifaux and sold out her world for power and would have destroyed all life". Kythera got destroyed but Von Schill and friends accidentally opened up her prison at Nythera. She's undead both because she got killed, and because she's suffused with necromantic power from The Grave Spirit.

But I think the disparity is mostly to show just how different and unique she is. Lilith also stands in pretty stark contrast to her crew.

Well, how else to you kill the Tyrants without making a deal with death itself?

On 2016. 7. 23. at 9:55 PM, Bengt said:

Unlike most of her other scheme marker tricks this one isn't limited to friendly scheme markers so it can used for clearing enemy ones. The push is a bonus (and it's "up to" so you don't even have to move any of your models if you are happy with their positions and just want remove scheme markers).

Oops, I miss it. I agree your point.

So, give fears given form to Titania, get her engaged with an enemy model.  Make sure that model is in base contact with a scheme marker, then have a sorrow jump up to it. 

When the model activates, it could take 3dmg from fears, 1 from the sorrow, 2 for scheme marker and another 1 from misery for failing the Wp test.  Possibly upto 7dmg.  Hmmm - where did I put Candy??

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Joel said:

So, give fears given form to Titania, get her engaged with an enemy model.  Make sure that model is in base contact with a scheme marker, then have a sorrow jump up to it. 

When the model activates, it could take 3dmg from fears, 1 from the sorrow, 2 for scheme marker and another 1 from misery for failing the Wp test.  Possibly upto 7dmg.  Hmmm - where did I put Candy??

Just don't forget to move Titania before the Sorrow activates, or Fears will toast it. (Edit: Or, just put it on the other side of the enemy so it's not close enough to Titania, would make sense. Derp.)

52 minutes ago, Reservoir Dog said:

Does anyone know what size the bases are for everything else in the Queen's box? I could hazard a guess looking at it but I was just wondering if anyone can say for sure?

Not specifically, no as the cards haven't been released yet (base sizes are on the back of each card). Going by the box art though I'd say Titania, totem, and minions are all on 30mm bases. Aeslin could go either on a 30mm or a 40mm from the look of it.