Flib Jib

Hey everyone, I was wondering which Avatar models are metal and which ones are not. I thought that they all were until I saw that Hoffman has a plastic avatar. so, I know there's a nightmare chompy bits which would make a total of three, (1.5E metal, 1.5E Nightmare metal, 2e plastic) but by my count I see at least 4? could someone help me out with this?

• Would love a list of the avatars and whether they are metal or plastic
  • Would love to know if there are additional models of these and why the additional sculpts (not counting, miss, or nightmares)

Hoffman is the only plastic avatar. (several are very Resin thouigh if that matters))

The following models were masters when they introduced avatars so have an avatar model ( there were 20 masters at the time)

Sonnia, Justice, Hoffman, Perdita, McMorning (strictly this is SIM 27 not avatar Mcmorning). Nicodem, Seamus, Kirai, Ramos, MArcus, Rasputina, Colette (her avatar was 3 different colette sculpts), Lileth Pandora (comes with petulent candy, there was also a pandora sculpt called an avater before there were avatar rules), Zoraida, Dreamer/Chompybits, Sommer, Viks, Leveticus, Hamlin. 

They haven't made any alternative sculpts for these models

Chompybits is not an avatar, but forcompleteness thse are the different sculpts for him

There is nightmare Chompy, Metal Chompy, Avatar Chompy/dreamer, Plastic chompy, Bubblegum chompy, Translucent Chompy  (the last 2 are the same sculpt as plastic chompy, but in different colours).

Wyrd were experimenting with materials at the time, so it isn't as easy as metal vs. plastic. Some were Resin, or mixtures of resin and metal. For example Sim 29 is mostly resin, with some very smell metal components. Seamus was the same, the majority is Resin, with a fist and the watch being metal components. Whereas the Kirai Avatar is all metal.

If I remember correctly the Dreamer's avatar was mostly resin. The Nightmare Chompy you are looking at was the first alternate nightmare sculpt, and was actually released before the Dreamer's actual set was released. It was a lot of metal, but is just a variant sculpt of Chompy Bits, not an avatar.