Mason

Through the Breach Vassal Module (Online Play Resources)

Hey everyone!

If you head over to the Through the Breach Resources page, you can find a link to our new Through the Breach vassal module! This should provide an additional option for players that want to participate in online games of Through the Breach.

If you're not familiar with Vassal, it's a game engine that's used to play online versions of board and card games. You can find a link to the main engine here, and the instructions that are linked with the Through the Breach module should walk you through getting everything set up and installed.

If you have any questions or comments about the module, please post them here!

• Like 7

Oh my...that is fantastic news! I already use the Malifaux Vassal program (any chance of it being updated?) And I was just wondering how to handle possibly running TTB online since I don't have any players near me anymore.

Definitely going to take a look!

• Like 1

Any chance we can get a walk through of how a fatemaster would run a session on this?  I'm considering taking the plunge on being a fatemaster despite not yet playing through as a fated yet. ?  I need all the hand holding I can get. 

14 hours ago, RMK said:

Any chance we can get a walk through of how a fatemaster would run a session on this?  I'm considering taking the plunge on being a fatemaster despite not yet playing through as a fated yet. ?  I need all the hand holding I can get. 

It has instructions!  Or are you looking for more general suggestions?

Those instructions are great. I think it is enough to get me started. I wish there were some videos of gameplay so I can see how it's done but it's really new so that is understandable. Thank you again Mason. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Akodo Harid said:

I'm curious about pre-making maps. It says it's possible to save, but I"m not seeing that as an option, or is it saving the map as a game and then loading in and out.

It's the latter. You end up saving the entire game.

• Like 1

Thanks Mason, that's still doable. The big question of course, would switching maps in and out reset the cards? If it can keep the decks arranged then this will be what I need.
 If not, is there an option to save decks and hands?

1 hour ago, Akodo Harid said:

Thanks Mason, that's still doable. The big question of course, would switching maps in and out reset the cards? If it can keep the decks arranged then this will be what I need.
 If not, is there an option to save decks and hands?

There is an option to save and load decks.

I don't think it saves player hands, however. Still, if you're not swapping maps too often, players could just fish their hands out of their decks.

i have a question.  am i aloud to modify the mod, so that my players can make their own characters?  I use vassal alot. i was wondering if you guys  have a blank character mod per say?

i am not sure how characters are handled.

just noticed i typed my user name wrong.  ha ha ha

@Ratty @Mason.

Are there plans to update the TTB module with the Ripples of Fate models? Recently bought TTB and am interested in introducing it to my online group. I really like the new images used for the v2.2 of Malifaux's Module.

On 12/23/2016 at 9:51 PM, Hagisman said:

@Ratty @Mason.

Are there plans to update the TTB module with the Ripples of Fate models? Recently bought TTB and am interested in introducing it to my online group. I really like the new images used for the v2.2 of Malifaux's Module.

At the moment, there are no such plans.