GenCon Newsletter

Lucidicide

Awesome!  Already making my list and checking it twice.  :D

Question about the new book.  The physical copy will be at GenCon and available on the Wyrd Store. Will the PDF be available to purchase during GenCon as well?

That timeframe is based on last year's Shifting Loyalty release, right?

I want the new book, but I tend to use digital copies more in the long run.  I would love a combo package that offered a discount for both physical and digital versions in one, rather than full price for both at separate times since full pricing for each urges me to just be patient and pick up the PDF when it gets here.

24 minutes ago, Kirby said:

I want the new book, but I tend to use digital copies more in the long run.

Same here, plus with the fact that I'm moving from the West coast to the East means I'm really looking at all the physical books I have and am wishing I had more of them as PDF's lol.  I'm just going to have to rely on what I hear until the PDF gets released.

This isn't official, but nightmare crews from previous years, as well as translucent plastics tend to be available during Black Friday and Easter Sales, in my experience. Usually only the current one is available at Gen Con. 

They don't tend to say the exact time the sales start because in years past that has been a recipe for crashing their servers. Generally expect right around, either just before or after, the opening of Gen Con. So I'd expect sometime between the 3rd and 4th of August, with the exact time not generally announced ahead of time. They've announced to everyone once it is up, but not in advance, usually.

How they handle it this year, precisely, remains to be seen, though I expect they won't announce an exact time to prevent everyone and their brother from logging in at the exact same time.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Fetid Strumpet said:

This isn't official, but nightmare crews from previous years, as well as translucent plastics tend to be available during Black Friday and Easter Sales, in my experience. Usually only the current one is available at Gen Con. 

They don't tend to say the exact time the sales start because in years past that has been a recipe for crashing their servers. Generally expect right around, either just before or after, the opening of Gen Con. So I'd expect sometime between the 3rd and 4th of August, with the exact time not generally announced ahead of time. They've announced to everyone once it is up, but not in advance, usually.

How they handle it this year, precisely, remains to be seen, though I expect they won't announce an exact time to prevent everyone and their brother from logging in at the exact same time.

Yeah, and that's why, I think as cool as The Wild Ones are, I will put them off.

I REALLY want Parker.

Then again, I said that last year and wound up not getting the Dark Circus.....

Plenty of pre-release models and I assume a good volume of the current stock for catch up, huzzah.

Nightmare box is tempting....

But my surprise was 3 new Fate Decks, 2 of which are so gorgeous I will inevitably have to buy them and continue on my quest to be able to play a dozen games of Malifaux with official Fate decks and not use the same one twice.  Seriously Wyrd this is getting ridiculous, I'm running out of places to store decks and yet you keep on bringing out more spectacular ones.  It's deck crack, "c'mon buddy, just one more, look at it, it's so pretty, one more, you won't regret it...".

Bugger.

Will all the pre-releases (especially the crew boxes) be available at the Black Friday sale?

Seriously, I'm running out of stuff to buy and need something to get that order up to 300!

I've also resolved myself to just get the book and nightmare for Gencon so, I can make a big order for BF. 

12 minutes ago, Da Git said:

Will all the pre-releases (especially the crew boxes) be available at the Black Friday sale?

Seriously, I'm running out of stuff to buy and need something to get that order up to 300!

I've also resolved myself to just get the book and nightmare for Gencon so, I can make a big order for BF. 

I'm guessing a few of them won't be simply because they'll have been upgraded to "already released and in stores" by then.  There's only a few things besides the crew boxes here that aren't slated for a release by September.

• Like 1

Could there be any info on abilities of models in new crew boxes? I really wat to buy a third but am slightly afraid of incomparatibility with the rest of collection.

Aionus preview card was made available before Ripples and really sold me on that model.