July 18th - New Crews

Lucidicide

I can't look at Nellie's box without hearing: "Mr. Connery, that's 'The Pen is Mightier'. Once again, I'll ask you to please refrain from such crude language, and remind you that you are, in fact, playing for charity."

It's time for the Guild to say "Suck it, Trebeck" to the world. :)

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, retnab said:

Holy, so many of those look fantastic!!  Will the boxes be available on the online store as well during Gencon? :D 

Your wish has already been granted :D

30 minutes ago, Nathan Caroland said:

I'm not going to be mean like Aaron there ... yes, all of them and a load more will be available at Gencon. For those of you asking where the list is, pricing, etc, you'll get that Wednesday in the newsletter.

Boy Wyrd, you hit it out of the park!

I can say for sure that I'm picking up the 10T box and Neverborn box from the online sale (...assuming I can get an order through before the stock vanishes). I'm a big 10T fanboy and I love the Oni direction. I've also been painting up Zoraida and other swampfiends for my first serious Neverborn foray (I do have Lucius and Jacob, but been playing them for Guild and 10T respectively, before), and I really love "the land rebels" theme in Neverborn. Titania seems like she'll have her own schtick, but the visual is definitely there.

I'll probably also look at the Rezzer and Outcast boxes, depending on what else is available at the sale, but both look very cool as well. I did expect the Shieldbearers to look a little different, but still cool.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Kobayashi said:

Your wish has already been granted :D

Not really...
Nathan's post that you quoted doesn't answer retnab's question.
retnab was asking if they'll be available in the online store during the same timeframe that they're available at Gencon.

6 minutes ago, Nexus said:

Not really...
retnab was asking if they'll be available in the online store during the same timeframe that they're available at Gencon.

Awwwwwwwww... :( I guess I was too excited *goes into a corner and puts on the cone of shame*

funny-dog-pictures-i-has-a-hotdog-cone-o

• Like 4

It was the swords which startled me at first, and then I realized where I'd see the flatblades before. Guardian's sword; guardian's shield; shieldbearer. Proof that Ressers still have no originality and have to thieve from the Guild. (I'm happy with it as a continuation of art and style and Resser recycling habits. Not to mention that shieldbearers, being living, actually have dynamic poses.)

*As promised, the Malifaux Child storms off stompity-stompity-stomp to go beat up the nearest Resser, with a peacekeeper, all the time mumbling about stinkin' rotten TOTEM constructs....*

Adding one, possibly two (what the heck is the Ten Thunders presumed henchman?) boxes to the 'it's all girls, safe to recommend to the shy female gamer' list. Not too much, not too little. Thank you very much for that.

10 minutes ago, Nexus said:

Not really...

Historically speaking, anything that has been available for purchase at GenCon has also been available online during the same time.  We should be pretty safe to hope for the same this year! :D 

• Like 1

First, bravo Wyrd on getting to the mostly caught up stage. I mean, we were expecting the Emissaries and hoping a couple of the book 4 models would be coming out, but I think anyone would have to admit being able to put out the boxes for all of the new crews at the same time as the book is a giant step forward. it's been obvious you've put effort into getting production caught up, this is an impressive payoff for all the work.

Going to echo most everyone here, every box is awesome in some way or another. Neverborn is out of the park beautiful and drips the malifaux vibe. Can only hope to see the story of how this new (old?) arrival shakes up the Neverborn power struggle. Resser is really not what I was expecting them to be, but perfectly happy to be called back to my true faction. I had little interest in the Arcanist master alone, but my god, Banasuva is just a masterpiece, easily my favorite single model in the lot. Kudra is slick. Maybe I am playing Arcanists a bit longer than expected. And that creepy little Amanjaku dude is gonna show up in my nightmares, I just know it.

• Like 5