"Required" number of Mindless Zombies?

surly

Since I already have a Tara crew I'm considering getting a bit deeper into Ressers.

Since I have no idea how many Mindless Zombies can be summoned through the course of the game I wanted to check before how many of them seem to be a good number to have.

I'm aware it depends on masters, but tbh I also don't really have a clue which ones will summon them more often and which ones won't.

Thanks! ;)

Previous thread makes it sound like "a box and a half" is about what you should expect to use.

So whether that means you want to buy a box of Mindless Zombies and then "stretch" it into ten models through second hand parts, or creative modeling (or just basically make some extra 30mm Mindless Zombie markers, for that matter.)

Then again, if you're not taking the Maniacal Laughter upgrade (and you have other uses for your 0 action), then the answer is "You don't need any boxes of Mindless Zombies."

• Like 1

With Nico I regularly get to six or seven in a game, and have gotten to ten once. So more than a box, and possibly even two full boxes. I use special bases to represent them though since buying 10 mindless zombies is too much for me to spend on something like that. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, solkan said:

Then again, if you're not taking the Maniacal Laughter upgrade (and you have other uses for your 0 action), then the answer is "You don't need any boxes of Mindless Zombies."

You'd probably want some if you get the Carrion Emissary as well, and maybe for Anna.

I plan to make some out of the TtB multipart kits. Partly because I don't particularly like the official models and partly because it's cheaper. :) 

• Like 1

I use these:

http://www.firestormgames.co.uk/victorian-zombies

There's ten unique sculpts in the box so they are very affordable (for some weird reason not all are pictured in the box pic). They are slightly smaller scale than Malifaux models but then again they are mindless zombies and Malifaux certainly isn't very even in their scale. They don't look at all out of place on the battle field.

• Like 1

I have five, and that's worked out fine for me so far, but I tend to cycle through them very quickly. It's rare that any individual Zombie stays on the board for more than a turn.

If you were focusing on building up a stack of walking corpses, you could easily get to ten (or more!) on board. But you don't need to.