Any Malifaux Players Near West Chester/Phoenixville/King of Prussia, PA?

Ox Barrel

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm local to Phoenixville but haven't actually started playing yet ^_^  I've read the rules, watched tons of games online, picked up the starter set, etc.  I'm just trying to find the courage to actually paint up the miniatures.  I wish there was a shop right in down town Phoenixville; how great would that be?  I've been meaning to make it out to Enter the Realm, but just haven't found the time.  If you don't mind, keep this thread updated with anything else you might find.  Thanks!

I believe there is a table to for war gaming at Gamer Heaven in Phoenixville, up by the pool hall across 23 from Weis and French Creek Outfitters. Some players on A Wyrd Place (excellent Facebook group) play at Enter the Realm in Springfield, about an hour away. I believe it is fairly regular play on Saturdays. 

I have neverborn, enough to play a full sized between two people (masters are lilith, lynch and dreamer). I do have a malifaux play mat, extra deck and tape measure, just no terrain pieces. I have another local player, but he is more involved with 9th age currently. Are you typically free on weekends? I work a fairly normal 9-5 job. 

17 hours ago, Ox Barrel said:

I believe there is a table to for war gaming at Gamer Heaven in Phoenixville, up by the pool hall across 23 from Weis and French Creek Outfitters. Some players on A Wyrd Place (excellent Facebook group) play at Enter the Realm in Springfield, about an hour away. I believe it is fairly regular play on Saturdays. 

I have neverborn, enough to play a full sized between two people (masters are lilith, lynch and dreamer). I do have a malifaux play mat, extra deck and tape measure, just no terrain pieces. I have another local player, but he is more involved with 9th age currently. Are you typically free on weekends? I work a fairly normal 9-5 job. 

Gamer Heaven...I live like two minutes from there and had no idea it even existed.  I've got my starter set assembled and am going to try to paint them over the holiday for some practice.  After that I'm going to pick up Lynch and some 10T stuff to build out the crew.  I could do Gamer Heaven (from the pictures online, looks like they have terrain) some Saturday or Sunday afternoon, but it would probably have to wait till after the holiday season.  Thanks for getting back to me, and keep in touch.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

22 minutes ago, Ox Barrel said:

I'm free to play this Saturday or next (1/7/17, 1/14/17) if you're available. Gamers Heaven opens at 2, lemme know if you're up for it. Did you check out the store? I haven't been there for several months. 

I think I might be able to make next weekend, but I imagine it will be much more fun for me than you.  I haven't played (though I do feel like I've got a good grasp of the rules), and I'd have to borrow your other crew.  I did get a Jacob Lynch box, but I'm a horrible painter and only two models into the starter set.  I haven't even started assembling Dark Debts. 

I did stop by and saw a table but no terrain.  They might have some in the back.  I'm going to give them a call tomorrow and see if they can accommodate us (on the 14th at 2:00pm).  I'll understand if you'd rather hold out for someone with more experience and their own minis :D

That all sounds fine to me, gotta start somewhere. I got most my stuff assembled, but maybe only 30% painted. Just bring what you got, I'll do the same and we'll cobble together something to play. I haven't looked at the starter scenario in a while, but it is really helpful so definitely bring that. 

Lemme know what they say at Gamers Heaven, curious about the terrain situation.