So what are Miss Models.

Throughout any given year there are several Alts and special edition, (usually story encounter) models made available at random. However, every year at Gen-Con Wyrd Miniatures releases a LE, (limited edition) model under their two categories titled "Miss" and "Nightmare. This thread is just looking at the 'Miss' models. 

The Miss model has usually been a female-version sculpt of a character that has already been released, but not exclusively. Everything on the character card is identical, (Characteristics & Talents: stats, Abilities, Actions) to the original version except for the name and artwork and a very unique banner of script on the front of the card that reads, "This model counts as "*" in every way...EVERY way" Some models are Alt sculpts of the model, (two versions of Teddy) but most are Alt models and completely new miniatures 

In the past these LE models are obtained with an order of $100 during Gen-Con either at the convention or for a limited time online purchase via their website store over the same period. So here is a list of all the Miss Models as well as a couple gender-swap models that are not an official Miss model but are similar.

• miss pack  - 2010  -  Metal -  Resurrectionist  -  Alt Nurse     *Randomly added to crew boxes for distribution, not a purchase award
  • miss demeanor  - 2011  -  Metal  -  Outcast  -  Alt Convict Gunslinger
  • miss terious  - 2012  -  Plastic  -  Guild  -  Alt Death Marshal     *The "EVERY WAY" script is on the back of this character card
  • miss step  - 2013  -  Plastic  -  Arcanist  -  Alt Howard Langston
  • miss ery  - 2014  -  Plastic  -  Neverborn  -  Alt Teddy
  • miss Anne thrope  - 2015  -  Plastic  -  Guild/Ten Thunders  -  Alt Wastrel
  • miss fire  - 2016  -  Plastic  -  Arcanist  -  Alt Willie

Interesting to note is that there have been:

2-Archanist

2-Guild

1-Resurrectionist

1-Outcast

1-Neverborn

1-Ten Thunders

0-Gremlins

Other models that have been Alt versions of already-released models, but not officially 'Miss' (Gen-Con LE's) have been:

• The Gremlinette  -  Metal  -  Gremlin  -  Alt Hog Whisperer
  • Santana Ortega  -  Plastic  -  Guild  -  Alt Santiago Ortega
  • Dr Dufresne  -  Plastic  -  Resurrectionist  -  Alt McMourning
  • Johana  -  Plastic  -  Outcast  -  Johan

For additional reading there are several threads covering the Miss, Nightmare, and Alt models. Here are some links courtesy of Adran:

In addition Wyrd Miniatures also releases a 'Nightmare Edition'  models, (or even crewbox in 2015) which are also Alt versions of already-released models; but that's a different thread. I will include the Dark Carnival for fun.

• The entire Dark Carnival crew box:  - 2015  -   Plastic  -  Arcanist  -  Smoke and Mirrors (Colette crewbox)
    • Mr. Cooper
    • Flying Monkey
    • Thin Lizzy
    • Mercury
    • Baritone Lola
    • Mannequin 
    •  flying monkey puppeting mannequin, (titled "Coryphee)    *Not included in the Dark Carnival crew box

On a side note I would love to hear thoughts on possible 'Miss' titles; even paired to a model and faction.

• Like 1

Some Ideas:

• miss katonic  -  Cthulhu Nothing Beast
  • miss behave  -  Burt Jebsen
  • miss cellaneous  -  Copy Cat Killer, or Izamu
  • miss fit  -  Trixiebelle
  • miss hap  -  Ryle
  • miss information  -  Hannah, or Librarian
  • mis judged  -  The Judge, or Lady Justice
  • miss lead  -  Rotten Belle or a Performer
  • miss nomer  -  Copellious
  • miss conduct  -  ?
  • miss appropriation  -  ?
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1

Just to say the very first Miss model, Miss pack, was randomly added to crew boxes for distribution, rather than a reward for spending a set amount. Its also not a gender swap model. (And Its hard to really call Miss Ery a gender swapped model either). There were fewer special edition models in the old days as well. The gremlinette is metal. 

(If you go back to July/august every year there is a thread with Miss names. We also had one about Feb this year I think when people were suggesting possible Miss models for the Arcanists after they came second in Nytheria. This information is for those interested in seeing old suggestions. ) 

• Like 1

Thank Adran! I'll add some links in an edit.

6 hours ago, Adran said:

(If you go back to July/august every year there is a thread with Miss names. We also had one about Feb this year I think when people were suggesting possible Miss models for the Arcanists after they came second in Nytheria. This information is for those interested in seeing old suggestions. ) 

Thanks Bengt, I'll make the edit

2 hours ago, Bengt said:

Miss Anne Thrope is dual faction TT/Guild, so Guild also has two misses.

• 2 months later...

Thanks a lot for the list, now I am tormented by a desire to get a hold of a Dr. Dufresne

No Terry Pratchett fans in this thread? 

Miss Tick - Though they have multiple arcanist releases already for this.

Miss Teak - Would have to be a doppleganger wouldn't it?

Miss Isle - I have no idea.

They could go the other way:

Mister Ious

• 2 weeks later...

I still want:

Miss Aim: Ten Thunder Archer

If you have the Dark Circus box, there's the Wild Ones:

Rollins Black = Lucas McCabe

Rollins Dismounted = McCabe Dismounted

Iggy Pup = Luna

Cherri Bomb  = Sidar alChibi (I don't have the card in front of me, so it may be spelled wrong)

Elli Ramone = Mounted Guard

Patti Ramone = Mounted Guard

Most of the Crew is even gender-swapped.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, KaijuS said:

I'm a little confused. Do they add these into random boxes too? I opened Zipp's crew box and got Miss Terious as well, and wanted to know if it were like an event or luck of the draw.

Every other month they add a special model to a crew box as an LGS promo. That box dates back to November last year:

https://www.wyrd-games.net/where-to-buy