Bayou's Finest - Board and Scenery

Ress is More

Hi all,

I've been mostly painting and to some extend playing gremlins the last couple of months. Currently I'm working on a bayou board and Scenery to go with it. I'd like to show my progress in this thread and hope to get some extra motivation to finish this plan. It is quite a lot of work but so far very has been rewarding.

For the board the plan is to make it completely flat and in this way be able to create a different table every time you play it with the individual scenery pieces.

Some scenery I have made so far:

Moonshine Still (before and after)

Bwm4s-3wlA44Y6cCZdd5fJRZoJ1PHsHYNOsJ1b3i

78zXw5QOd7sZfri30JlyuDsWlAqdU6grp3CcCmIO

A bayou tree:

Xhjn7Xdb_AiD-aR0k0EcuY4zkDbg9EBq0P66PZsC

Some hazardous terrain:

oFM4GGzjC5Ojj2LhNYyp87M7t5tqVKwpkRJ13GuQ

The board I made out of 2 pieces of 3"x1.5" MDF boards with a frame around it. It is now primered I will show some pics soon. Some ideas for more scenery I have are a watertower, some bayou cabins and maybe an exploded moonshine still. I will make some forest pieces in the same way I made the tree.

Hope you'll like it and I will be updating soon (I hope)

• Like 5

3 hours ago, ArcticPangolin said:

Yeah, I'm very new to actual terrain building. What material is used for the woven wicker-looking stuff?

It looks like standard plastic coated garden wire wrapped around dowels stuck in a base. Not sure what thickness of wire. I'd suggest walking into a garden centre/hardware store, and looking at the coated wires, and finding one that you can bend easily whilst still looking reasonably thick. 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Adran said:

It looks like standard plastic coated garden wire wrapped around dowels stuck in a base.

That's absolutely correct. After the first photo I gave it a very light brush with some plaster to give the wire a less smooth appearance, next time I might do this a bit more.

Some WIP for now:

RgQFmQ7O5VD9sz5TwO7H_MgY39h18IX3cY6cwtGp

RSaPmxT7Vy5ZmX5cuU9-D00o4HD-91knkfYBH4JQ

zJXEo4XFXyZK2wSfjWFNfhjVx8JEKn5_AtN8YpAv

It's actually almost finished, just need to create the swamp base. Needto make some more tufts for that, i'll post a pic as soon as it's finished.

• Like 6

• 3 weeks later...