MrDeathTrout

Malifaux Resources

This is a great resource for newer players. Thank you for putting this together!

• Like 1

16 hours ago, RustAndTheCity said:

Dave graffams paper terrain is a great way to quickly and cheaply build enough terrain for a board.

Thank you those are great for modelers on a budget.  I'm going go try making a couple and sloshing some liquid plastic around on the inside for a bit more durability.

This is a nice bit of work. I might recommend including some of the fan created organized events though.

P.S. hopefully this will prod Mr. Gibbs to update his blog a bit more consistently :D

1 hour ago, Omenbringer said:

This is a nice bit of work. I might recommend including some of the fan created organized events though.

P.S. hopefully this will prod Mr. Gibbs to update his blog a bit more consistently :D

Can you give me some examples?

Sure, aside from my League rule set there were also a number of other fan made one day and achievement style events that used to be posted on the site. It has been a while since I looked for them but they dont seem to be with the Henchman stuff anymore.

On 7/1/2016 at 8:46 AM, MrDeathTrout said:

Do-It-Yourself Markers - The faction symbols on the Malifaux boxes are the perfect size for markers.  Use a 30mm base as a guide and cut out the faction symbol for scheme markers.  Run a light bead of super glue along the edge for strength. Flip them over for corps or scrap markers. 

Huh, I remember reading this some time ago and I had THOUGHT I had executed it correctly, though reading this again and double-checking the pictures I now see that I have done something a little different. You see, for added durability and rule of cool, the faction symbols on the Malifaux boxes pretty much fit perfectly on your typical Wyrd-issue 30mm base. Just cut it out until you just have the black faction symbol and the white background (without the faction-specific colored border). It will be a 99% fit, you'll just have to shrink it a bit. Use some superglue. Then paint the edge of the base your faction symbol and you now have a cool Scheme marker that will last you forever. 

It's not AS easy, but the final product is super cool. 

faction scheme markers.png

• Like 3