Just because ... 6/23/16

3 hours ago, zeeblee said:

In one year Wyrd will be selling models that are five feet tall.

That's actually the new design direction for Avatars.  You will literally get to manifest in game by putting a 3' ringed mat on the table and attack models directly.

Speaking of Avatars, I keep hoping to find some unboxings of the Emissaries from Origins.  They're looking very impressive.

2 hours ago, daniello_s said:

Just one thing I'd like to mention: please, please do not go 'bigger model = cooler model' road. It is not always a good option...

Totally agree. That's one of the reasons I play Malifaux. The game has cool models and they do not need to be giant. I'm not even sure I'll buy the emissaries.

37 minutes ago, Nathan Caroland said:

Warped-Promo.jpg

I see Nathan is also showing off his next sweet tattoo?  I can only assume that's what his doodle of a flaming skull would be for :P

Also, very yes.  That sweet banner art from Origins super makes me want to get whatever the hell Grudge-girl is, and this isn't making me say no.  Although her creepy boyfriend might end up going Akira on us all, the way that crazy-arm looks :mellow:

1 hour ago, Math Mathonwy said:

Got to say that I would've liked a whole lot more details on the titans. They look like they are different scale as opposed to being gigantic in 32mm.

They look like they are the size of a three story building. That's pretty big in my books.

12 minutes ago, Myyrä said:

They look like they are the size of a three story building. That's pretty big in my books.

I think Math is trying to say that to him they look like a 32mm scaled figure "blown up" to be that size with the same limited details and proportions that a 32mm scaled figure would have, opposed to it being even more detailed at that size? maybe?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Green_Lumux said:

I think Math is trying to say that to him they look like a 32mm scaled figure "blown up" to be that size with the same limited details and proportions that a 32mm scaled figure would have, opposed to it being even more detailed at that size? maybe?

Exactly. It looks like they were designed just the same as all Malfiaux minis but then printed in 500% size (or whatever). The amount of detail is the same as you'd find on a man-sized 32mm model.

They look a bit like toys, in fact.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, retnab said:

The grins are fantastic, and some seriously interesting things are happening to his arm and her legs.

Her legs just look like they're cloven and covered in fur.

That dude's arm on the other hand, looks like it's about to explode and become it's own monster :mellow:

22 minutes ago, Nathan Caroland said:

If we created a game that everyone from Malifaux just wanted to jump over from to the other, we wouldn't be doing ourselves any favor quite honestly. I fully expect there to be decries of foul and the heavens falling once we release XYZ about it. That's totally alright. 

Makes sense - can't please everyone.

Speaking of pleasing - please send me the stompy robot kthxbye. I don't care what game it's from, for, or faction. I must have it I must <eye twitches>

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nathan Caroland said:

If we created a game that everyone from Malifaux just wanted to jump over from to the other, we wouldn't be doing ourselves any favor quite honestly. I fully expect there to be decries of foul and the heavens falling once we release XYZ about it. That's totally alright. 

I'm trying to keep myself open to it, but it sure sounds different. Who knows, I might learn to love it more than malifaux! 

Oh, and while everyone is doing an awful lot of complaining about emissaries heights (me and my friends included, transport will be hard), thanks for addressing it earlier.