Worried about the new masters!

Khoregard

Hey everyone! I just wanted to sound off about the potential of a trend with the new masters in ripples of fate! It seems that they are more defensible than previous master releases. 

I said this to my local group and for the most part we agreed, although it's only based on the front of each masters card. 

one friend observed it would be due to a design direction trying to make master kills less achievable.

I think it might be an indicator of less achievable abilities, by reducing the amount of baked in stats.

I'm just curious what others think on the subject?

To me they seem to have pretty middle of the ground defences. Decent Df (5,5,5,6,6,7), slightly above average Wd (12, the current crop has average ~11.1), no pass off defences like Colette or Dreamer, one of them has a push that can disrupt charges/flurry, two has some heals, three has ItW (or a variant there of), Asami only has HtK (which is even more lacklustre than usual on high Wd models), Parker has nothing!

18 minutes ago, solkan said:

And based on my forum icon I'm actually a rabbit?

I thought it was a Jackalope!:(

Nellie seems to fall somewhere between Lady Justice and Lucius in her survivability based only on the front of her card. That would make her the 5th most durable Guild master.

Parker Barrows seems like the easiest to kill Outcast master after Misaki. I'm assuming he's a ranged master based on his looks. If he isn't, he's probably the easiest to kill.

Sandeep seems tough but easy to hit. He might be third most durable Arcanist master after Colette and Ramos. If he has some healing hidden behind his card or on his upgrades he might rank even higher.

It's somewhat difficult to rank TT masters by their durability, because they have so many weird defenses. Asami, however, doesn't seem like she's either the most or the least durable.

Reva seems to have worse defenses than Lady Justice, which would put her at the bottom of Resser durability list. The front of her card is better than Yan Lo's though, so it's entirely possible she will rise higher when the card's back and her upgrades are revealed.

Titania seems like she could be the most durable Neverborn master, which wouldn't be enough to rank her all that high in most other factions. It isn't that easy to compare her against other Neverborn masters, because she is good at taking hits while the others are mostly good at not getting hit.

• Like 6

13 hours ago, Myyrä said:

Reva seems to have worse defenses than Lady Justice, which would put her at the bottom of Resser durability list. The front of her card is better than Yan Lo's though, so it's entirely possible she will rise higher when the card's back and her upgrades are revealed.

Very correct on front-of-the-card durability based on defensive abilities and Wounds, but she does have that one ability to use Ca actions through Corpse Markers, so she might not ever need be anywhere near whatever she's trying to target.

1 minute ago, thebarbalag said:

Very correct on front-of-the-card durability based on defensive abilities and Wounds, but she does have that one ability to use Ca actions through Corpse Markers, so she might not ever need be anywhere near whatever she's trying to target.

Very few Resser masters do, so it doesn't exactly improve her standing. I'm not trying to say that she isn't durable enough though.

• Like 1

An interesting breakdown so far, I'm happy to hear others opinions on the subject. It seems as the impossible to wound showing up outside of ressers and higher than average wounds are just false flags that set me off, but that said I only focus on my faction.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Khoregard said:

Hey everyone! I just wanted to sound off about the potential of a trend with the new masters in ripples of fate! It seems that they are more defensible than previous master releases. 

I said this to my local group and for the most part we agreed, although it's only based on the front of each masters card. 

one friend observed it would be due to a design direction trying to make master kills less achievable.

I think it might be an indicator of less achievable abilities, by reducing the amount of baked in stats.

I'm just curious what others think on the subject?

Wait till the back of the cards are known. Till we know what the masters action/upgrade are this is just a knee jerk reaction on how hard it is to kill them. For instance Revisionist History is great and if Nellie was Lady J it might be broken but we do not know what she will be. Also a it looks like most of them tackle the game differently then most other masters, which 3 of them having an interaction with schemes/interactions on there front.

• 2 weeks later...
On 22.06.2016 at 8:45 AM, Myyrä said:

Nellie seems to fall somewhere between Lady Justice and Lucius in her survivability based only on the front of her card. That would make her the 5th most durable Guild master.

I assume Nellie won`t be able to get a lot of use from Brutal Effigy so she might be a bit lower from Justice

• 2 weeks later...
On 21/06/2016 at 11:45 PM, Myyrä said:

Sandeep seems tough but easy to hit. He might be third most durable Arcanist master after Colette and Ramos. If he has some healing hidden behind his card or on his upgrades he might rank even higher.

Tough to rank him over Marcus, who also has a pass off ability. 

However, without seeing the upgrades, we can't tell how resilient the masters actually are. Bengt's analysis is about as in-depth as is appropriate at this point.