June 20 - Nellie Cochrane

Lucidicide

On 2016-06-21 at 1:45 PM, thebarbalag said:

The Neverborn as the strange, fractured whole that they are, are attempting to prevent the return to power of the Tyrants, and reclaim their land, which is wholly noble, but they do kidnap and eat children (or turn them into living dolls), manipulate, lie, and outright torture, occasionally for fun (Pandora, I'm looking at you), and have no regard for innocent lives.

Try to remember, the Neverborn are carnivores, living in a world of carnivores.  If a bear mauls a guy in the woods, it's not evil, it's just being a bear.  Doesn't matter if that guy is 'innocent.'  Pandora feeds on suffering.  And Wicked Dolls have to reproduce somehow.  Why the heck would you bring your children to Malifaux in the first place?  Sounds like irresponsible parenting is to blame, not innocent puppets, just trying to carry out the cycle of life!

6 hours ago, Clockwork_Fish said:

Try to remember, the Neverborn are carnivores, living in a world of carnivores.  If a bear mauls a guy in the woods, it's not evil, it's just being a bear.  Doesn't matter if that guy is 'innocent.'  Pandora feeds on suffering.  And Wicked Dolls have to reproduce somehow.  Why the heck would you bring your children to Malifaux in the first place?  Sounds like irresponsible parenting is to blame, not innocent puppets, just trying to carry out the cycle of life!

Well, the Breach has been open for 9 years now, so there are bound to be 'Native Malifaux" kids, in addition to whichever ones have been brought over.

The REAL question would be this: If the last Breach closed after ten years, how much longer is THIS one going to be open for?

well we have 5 more preview mondays (assuming the Gremlin is next monday) and potentially an August Chronicles before Gencon. 

And I imagine that come thursday of Gencon, the forums will be flooded with images of the pages if you absolutely have to see the rules before you buy. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Manic Mouse said:

Since there's no open beta this time, I wonder if there'll be any way to get a bit more info about the masters before buying any that are released at GenCon?

Although to be honest I'm fairly happy to blind buy Nellie, and my One and Oni Asami.

Uhh, I'd wager by buying or looking at the new book before hand?  At least assuming your FLGS allows flipping though the books before purchase.

But if you're trying to buy them before their official release for the specials, yeah, I think it's just hoping :P  But if you're so eager to get your hands on them when they are on special sale before release, I doubt you're terribly concerned about their rule sets...

@Kadeton  btw, that bet is legit on, right?  I just want to make sure we're clear, because I'm totally down to buy your next crew :P

• Like 1

12 hours ago, dancater said:

I am curious now we seem to have the Master and the minions as to what the totem and henchman are likely to be for this crew box.

If  I  had to guess on a totem I'd  think a tripod and old fashioned accordion style camera but mechanized like ramos  spider bots. That'd  be  cool. Hoffmann  would be  jealous. :P

has it been said or not if these new masters will get Conflux of Whatever cards to use with the Emissaries?

Also an off-topic question, but will the dual faction Conflux upgrades be in both Emissary boxes? like will Tara's Conflux of Nothingness be in the boxes for both Carrion and Hodgepodge instead of just one of them?

Just now, SoylentRobot said:

has it been said or not if these new masters will get Conflux of Whatever cards to use with the Emissaries?

Also an off-topic question, but will the dual faction Conflux upgrades be in both Emissary boxes? like will Tara's Conflux of Nothingness be in the boxes for both Carrion and Hodgepodge instead of just one of them?

Actually, I've been wondering those same exact things, but you beat me to finally asking. As I am working on Guild, I want to make sure McCabe is covered for the Brutal Emissary.

On another note, I'm really impressed with everything they have teased so far. That's not to say I can't nit pick or criticize anything or that I don't like a few things here and there, but in general I am really liking most of the antics that these new masters possess and I am really excited to see everything else coming in Ripples of Fate.

On 19/05/2016 at 9:29 AM, Skitt_Happens said:

Really love the sculpt for Titiana - can't wait to see the others!

I have a question for the Wyrd Sisters (staff): will the new masters be getting their own avatar and conflux upgrades? If so, will these be included in the crew box or can we expect to see a wave 4 upgrade deck?

Not in this book, but the future holds many possibilities 

Answer from Aaron in the Titania preview thread. 

i think they also said somewhere that the emissaries will come with all the relevant upgrades, so there will be 2 ways to get Tara's conflux. But thats more thread hunting

• Like 1

They've said all confluxes an emissary can take will be included in it's box. I might be misremembering but they said they will likely address the fact that the new masters don't have confluxes, and avatars, but they will likely be some time down the road. My personal interpretation of that is:

"We don't actually know how powerful these masters will be once a wider playgroups gets hold of them. Confluxes and Avatars are to some extent given more or less power based on how powerful the masters are. We need to wait until we actually have a sense of it before giving them those."

Again I stress that is my personal interpretation based on the what I've heard, and not in anyway official.

• Like 7

2 hours ago, Jason13 said:

If  I  had to guess on a totem I'd  think a tripod and old fashioned accordion style camera but mechanized like ramos  spider bots. That'd  be  cool. Hoffmann  would be  jealous. :P

:angry:!

If that happens I'm gonna take that henchlady and have her reap that scythe straight through your rezzer--

(The Malifaux Child must have learned that kind of blistering blue language from the mechanics. :huh: Jealous? Oh, yes.)

• Like 1

22 hours ago, tomjoad said:

But probably "No reveal" would win, because everybody is a troll and is rooting for chaos (remember how hard we all tried to get the vote to end in a tie a few weeks back). Then what do they do?

hehehe yea and i'd probably vote no reveal for S&G's to see what happens also. I mean he'll be reveiled soon enough right?

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/23/2016 at 9:27 AM, Jason13 said:

Mechanized totem.... interesting. Peon as it may be, I can see a wonderful :aura2 no interact, or perhaps a "file the evidence" :pulse3 that clears enemy scheme markers? Actually, it could just be a small file-room worker, or some such. Could be interesting.

On another note, after seeing the reporter girls and now Nellie herself, I am so psyched for this box! Definitely a must buy for me, even if my main wasn't Guild. Can't wait to paint them!

17 minutes ago, Zachary.frosty@gmail.com said:

Mechanized totem.... interesting. Peon as it may be, I can see a wonderful :aura2 no interact, or perhaps a "file the evidence" :pulse3 that clears enemy scheme markers? Actually, it could just be a small file-room worker, or some such. Could be interesting.

On another note, after seeing the reporter girls and now Nellie herself, I am so psyched for this box! Definitely a must buy for me, even if my main wasn't Guild. Can't wait to paint them!

I doubt they'll give the totem an ability that works against it's master's abilities.