Background to Factions.

Gremlin66

If your looking for fluff I find that that is really not the point of Schemes and Stones but it is what Breachside broadcasts and Wyrd chronicles are for.

A VERY basic rundown of factions:

Guild: the military arm of the tyrannical government. Welcome to the colonies.

Arcanist: a group of mages that conduct smuggling and illegal activities.

Neverborn: They are the natives and do not like humans coming in and messing things up.

Resurectionist: crazy and often power hungry necromancers, stereotype much. 3 of them are very much UK feeling.

Ten Thunders: a mostly Asian base crime syndicate from the Three Kingdoms, do not think the historical three kingdom area of China. From what I have put together the Three Kingdoms are China, Japan and my be Korea.

Gremlins: Neverborn inbreed, shine drinking, pig loving cousins from the Bayou.

Outcast: a very odd set of freelance workers that tend to have there own agendas.

If your looking for a good faction, well your out of luck the closes are the neverborn and gremlins because they want the invading humans gone among other things otherwise you could go guild because they are the law..... The rest comes down to the masters.

As far as picking a faction goes. I'm going with the Gremlins and my wife is going with the Outcasts.

I've read some of the Chronicles. Some cool stuff there. just looking for some prehistory on everyone. 

I appreciate all your replies and info. I'l will check them out.