June 13 - Parker Barrows

Lucidicide

Next Master  

380 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, Wakshaani said:

Are we *sure* that he's a "he"? Because that look could go either way. Mind you, I'd assume that there'll be a henchman of "Bonnie Clyde" as his #2 that seals the deal, but I'd be happy to be wrong.

From the text on the preview page: "With a solid stat line, he's capable of dealing with most things that come his way." I'm sure :)

15 hours ago, Fetid Strumpet said:

Shame the character isn't female. When I heard the name I thought it was a reference to Parker from Leverage. Iike the ability in concept, but outside of playing against Colette I see that ability being potentially way too good, depending on what's on the back of that card. Being able to take away up to 4 enemy scheme markers ( and thus invalidating all the AP spent getting the scheme marker there for the opposing player) and add them to your own pile, with the minor repositioning, all for no AP, suit requirements, or TN seems really good to me. Really hope I'm wrong about it or somethi on the back makes that make more sense to me.

This is where choosing the right schemes out of the 5 choices you have available will be key against parker. Most often there are two schemes that dont require markers to be placed on the table. You can always kill Parker too ;)

You mention Colette who's crew has been dropping them like rain falling from the sky for years, most of the time for a zero action. Now we have someone who has a hard counter to those Shenanigans. 

Hit him with Whispers from Beyond a few times to soften him up. He wont be around for long Fetid :P

22 hours ago, tomjoad said:

This ticks all the boxes for me. I'm a sucker and always have been for capes and face-covering scarves, and highway/train robbers is a way more interesting take on the Wild West theme than cowboys are. I'm not ready to declare a faction switch, but I like this character a lot.

This is pretty much what I said last week about Perdita being bland from my point of view. A proper outlaw, now these are the Outcasts I wanted to see!

19 hours ago, ADrake said:

"Parker will quickly prove that he has the tool for any job" - this could be a hint and in reference to his upgrade discarding mechanic. 

What I thought as well. These little hints on the preview page are always nice.
And I just have to say...
It's Haaaigh Nooon!

High_noon.jpg

21 hours ago, Rathnard said:

There's a fair few of the new Masters that I like, but I might just end up picking Parker first purely for the neat conversion idea I have in mind for him and his (presumed) crew. :D

Agree Rathnard.

Don't know what the rest of his box looks like, but with a little converting of Johanna, a metal Ronin, and a plastic Ronin, my Parker crew will be on their way to being a bunch of "big damn heroes."

1 hour ago, JudgeDread said:

both fair points, do we know when said boxes might be previewed?

My guess is that they will preview before Gen Con, and a few will be released at Gen Con as an early release. This is how they do it pretty much every year, but I can't really say what Wyrd will do this year though.

Cheers!

11 minutes ago, HoarcatsPride said:

My guess is that they will preview before Gen Con, and a few will be released at Gen Con as an early release. This is how they do it pretty much every year, but I can't really say what Wyrd will do this year though.

Cheers!

I hope they do that. Gencon would be sweet this year.

• Like 1

GenCon seems possible, but there's also enough releases scheduled through September and October that I can see the Emissaries being the big release at GenCon (only 2 will be out beforehand after all, and only just).  I wouldn't be surprised to see the new sets a big part of Black Friday though.

21 minutes ago, LunarSol said:

GenCon seems possible, but there's also enough releases scheduled through September and October that I can see the Emissaries being the big release at GenCon (only 2 will be out beforehand after all, and only just).  I wouldn't be surprised to see the new sets a big part of Black Friday though.

I know last year we saw Shenlong during Gencon (I ordered him) and he didn't hit until November I think. Struggling to remember if Ulix was also available at Gencon, he was a December release I think.

It would be kind of shocking to have just the book available this year, right?

"Here's just a book and nothing else!" 

I don't know what will be there, obviously, and I don't expect them to have every new master available on day 1, but there has to be something from book 4 at GenCon.

Only Crossroads Seven was available last GenCon from Shifting Loyalties, right? So there might not be a lot from book 4 at this GenCon. Is the Other Side supposed to come out this year? If it is, it might take up a lot of the GenCon production slots.

Just now, Bengt said:

Only Crossroads Seven was available last GenCon from Shifting Loyalties, right? So there might not be a lot from book 4 at this GenCon. Is the Other Side supposed to come out this year? If it is, it might take up a lot of the GenCon production slots.

Plus the starter set. But, yeah, I think one or possibly two crew boxes should be there this year. That sounds reasonable, right? I'll be happy if all 7 new masters are out by Easter 2017.

On 6/13/2016 at 5:41 PM, Myyrä said:

I guess that would depend on who he would be robbing. Wasn't there some guy called McCabe as well?

Hey, hey now, what McCabe does is archaeology, not robbing.  Lets not throw around dirty words like robbing, thievery all over the place. ;)

On topic, this is the first master that I want to buy.  The "cape"  to me looks more like a poncho that is being blown in the wind.  But I love it all and can not wait to see the crew for this guy.  Like others I feel that he fits the "bandit" type that the Outcasts needed.  He is good looking human master and I think he would look good with a brighter theme for his paint job as that color grey I tend to associate with the guild.  I am drawn between a Shadow/Malcom paint job for him.  

But nice job Wyrd, now get the models made!