June 13 - Parker Barrows

Lucidicide

Next Master  

380 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The sculpt is easily on par with say, Perdita or Viks or Lady J for portraying the character. Not sure what more you can expect from a 'normal human'(?) but still masterly and action posed. What are they supposed to do, somehow sculpt in the wind blowing the cape so we have another attached effect to complain about having to remove?

Put this model in the line up with any assortment of other masters from the game and he fits right in. 

• Like 2

I like the looks of the Master in the context of the Outcasts - independent agents who are just getting by, even if that means occasionally driving a town's inhabitants to madness and burning the town down (see: Jack Daw). His outfit looks very utilitarian, what you'd expect from a bandit in the wastelands. If I want colorful, I'll play my 10T monks painted in colors appropriate to their River style, or my primary yellow Molly stuff, etc.

The front of his card is interesting, although I do find it intriguing that he has no obvious passive defensive ability, relying on his Df 6 and wound pool of 14 as his core defenses. The card draw and soulstones from upgrade discards may help, though much like the 10T master, I'm hoping the upgrades will lend a defensive trick or two. 

• Like 2

This ticks all the boxes for me. I'm a sucker and always have been for capes and face-covering scarves, and highway/train robbers is a way more interesting take on the Wild West theme than cowboys are. I'm not ready to declare a faction switch, but I like this character a lot.

When I first got into the game and picked out factions from the masters from the core rulebook, Outcasts were quickly my top pick.  Von Schill, the Viks, a Ninja?  and something creepy cool just for a different flavor.  Then Wave 2 came along with Levi/Daw and turned it all into Resser-lite.  This guy is definitely more in line with what I'm after from Outcasts.  Super excited for him, though not sure if I want to invest more in that faction currently.

(and yes, if I'd understood the game better, I'd have known about Levi, but meh, mistakes were made)

• Like 1

I like the cape. Gives him some flair and reminds me of Clint Eastwood back in the day of spaghetti westerns.

With access to Survivalist, 14 wds and Df/Wp 6 I think he is plenty survivable. Add in his ability to gain SS through out the game and maybe a Librarian and I dont see him being removed too often. 

Maybe I can now dust off Sue. :)

Finally, classic "Outlaws" appear in Outcasts faction.:P

Though Friekorps is an independent mercenary team, all crew are trained military. Bandits may have weak weapons, but gain more tricks.

Hate dual-wielding pistols.:( A gunner can be cooler without that.

Now, it is clearly that new Guild Master is a writer. Nice!

Sadly, I already voted for Gremlins.

29 minutes ago, retnab said:

He looks fantastic, I'm glad that Outcasts finally get their roguish bandits (I always found it a bit odd there weren't any)!  Before Sandeep I had a hope he was Arcanists' Gunsmith master but I'm quite happy with this as well :) 

You know. I was thinking that exact thought. Either that, or the kneeling person with what looks like daggers, as a sabature master (play up the la resistance theme-ing of the arcanists)....

But yea. Outcasts should have moar roguish bandits so I have a reason to dabble more into them.

Why has no one yet made mention to the fact that it is an obvious tribute to the Eastwood character in the classic Spaghetti western trilogy of Fistfull of Dollars, For a few Dollars More and The Good, The Bad and The Ugly? So now I have to buy another box and then the seperate models 

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, SlackerLM said:

Why has no one yet made mention to the fact that it is an obvious tribute to the Eastwood character in the classic Spaghetti western trilogy of Fistfull of Dollars, For a few Dollars More and The Good, The Bad and The Ugly? So now I have to buy another box and then the seperate models 

Such a damn good set of movies.

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, SlackerLM said:

Totally. I usually just want to watch Fury Road when I get home from work, but today might be a Blondie sort of a day.

The model is... Fine, about all you can do with a character that is just a guy with a gun. One thing I will note however is that the model render seems slightly less dynamic than the art. After some close observation i think it's because if u look at the full art, he's stepping forward slightly. Shown by his back leg on its toes a bit, but the model has both feet planted firmly on the ground, leading to a less interesting pose. Rules look cool though.

2 hours ago, Rob Lo said:

The sculpt is easily on par with say, Perdita or Viks or Lady J for portraying the character. Not sure what more you can expect from a 'normal human'(?) but still masterly and action posed. What are they supposed to do, somehow sculpt in the wind blowing the cape so we have another attached effect to complain about having to remove?

Put this model in the line up with any assortment of other masters from the game and he fits right in. 

But saying that you could also put him in a lineup with pistoleros, guild guard, freikorps etc and he would fit right in. I'm not saying that's a bad thing but it doesn't necessarily scream master to me.

Without knowing the fluff etc it's hard to make a judgement on whether the sculpt really reflects it. Yes he looks bandit like but still a bit bland for me. It's all subjective anyway, if you like it fair enough.

I just think the cape is too much. Just my opinion though.

• Like 2

Really. REALLY. Like. Sculpt, art and concept: love it all. I like the cape too, yes it is a little OTT, but it's a steampunk, fantasy miniature game - there is more than a little licence to be OTT.

Incidentally: anyone remember the pirate looking Silurid that was previewed a couple of months back? I think he may go here.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Nexus132 said:

The model is... Fine, about all you can do with a character that is just a guy with a gun. One thing I will note however is that the model render seems slightly less dynamic than the art. After some close observation i think it's because if u look at the full art, he's stepping forward slightly. Shown by his back leg on its toes a bit, but the model has both feet planted firmly on the ground, leading to a less interesting pose. Rules look cool though.

I think its just the rotation.  If you look at the gun and follow his arm, it looks like the render is rotated to the left just a bit.  He's pointing slightly more towards the audience in the art.