Pre Gencon Tournament at Ground Zero Comics in Strongsville, Ohio on July 23, 2016

Omenbringer

Malifaux players,

Ground Zero Comics & Toys will be hosting a one day Gaining Grounds Tournament for Malifaux on Saturday, July 23, 2016.

The tournament is scheduled from 12:00 to 6:00 pm with games starting No Later Than 12:30 pm. There will be an opportunity to grab lunch from one of the many local restaurants, many with in easy walking distance. The event is tentatively scheduled for 3 rounds of play, though may be extended to 4 if we reach maximum participation. Event time may be extended by 1 hour (to 7:00 pm) should a 4th round be required. Each round will be allotted a maximum of 1 hour 45 minutes for play. Due to event space this tournament is strictly limited to 16 players. The first 16 players to commit to play in this thread will receive priority, though any "no shows" on the day of the event by 12:20 pm may be replaced by anyone not preregistered and waiting. Thread respondents may "group register" for those that do not have a forum account. Players from out of the local area are encouraged to attend, especially those groups in Akron, Canton, Toledo, Youngstown, Columbus, Detroit, Pittsburgh, or anywhere else within a 2 and a half hour drive.

The cost of the event is $5.00 per participant. All fees will be utilized to support the administration (i.e. postage cost of the Official Prize kit) and conduct of the event (i.e. terrain, etc).

This tournament is intended to be a preparatory event for the official Wyrd Masters tournaments at Gencon. As such each participant will declare their faction for the duration of the tournament. Additionally, crews should be fully based and painted unless they are the special edition translucent or "day glow" models produced by Wyrd (concessions may be offered for models that become available for purchase in the two weeks prior to the event).

The only Gaining Grounds rules concession is the use of Proxies will be allowed however, only models that are unreleased publicly by Wyrd (i.e. they are not available from the distributors, does not include models that were offered early during a Wyrd Sale event) will be allowed and they must clearly represent the model they are proxying (correct base size and look of the models art work, the use of a visual label is also strongly encouraged though not required). Conversions as always are accepted and encouraged.

This is intended to be a competitive event however, players are reminded that good sportsmanship is expected. In other words, competitive lists and competitive play does not equal the right to be an ass.

Strategies (drawn from the Gaining Grounds document) and Deployments for each round are as follows:

Round 1 - Guard The Stash, Corner Deployment
Round 2 - Turf War, Standard Deployment
Round 3 - Reckoning, Flank Deployment
Round 4 - Headhunter, Standard Deployment

Scheme Pools will be generated from the Gaining Grounds 2016 document by the Tournament Organizer on the day of the event.

Prizes for this event will be as follows:

1st Place: Certificate of Placing, 3 SS 1st Place Guilder Poker Chip, Large Mystery Box

2nd Place: Certificate of Placing, 1 SS Participant Guilder Poker Chip, Small Mystery Box

3rd Place:  Certificate of Placing, 1 SS Participant Guilder Poker Chip, Small Mystery Box

All Participants receive a 1 SS Participant Guilder Poker Chip.

A special edition random Stat Card and a Limited Edition Metal Miss Demeanor model (M2e card not available) will also be raffled off.

Address and Directions to ground Zero Comics & Toys:

Ground Zero Comics & Toys

15139 Pearl Road

Strongsville, Ohio 44136

Google Maps Directions link

Those that wish to attend please reply to this thread with the following:

Name, Faction, City traveling from, any questions pertaining to the event (i.e. suitability of proxies, etc)

17 hours ago, Fetid Strumpet said:

I'll express interest, but don't hold a spot for me. I should be around about in that area of the country sometime around that time but no guarentee my travel plans will coincide with it. Would love to attend if possible.

Would be great to have you in attendance, if nothing else perhaps we can meet up for some conversation.

Updated list:

1) Chris (Slapdrone), Ressers, local to area

2) Jay, Neverborn, Canton

3) Creed, Ressers, Canton

4) Kevin B. Ressers(?), Erie

Our families both live about 2H and 45Min from your location. The issue is of course what we are doing around that time, and when this tourney is occurring, as it's usually a 2 day trip back to MS for us, and Saturday tends to be travel day #1. If it doesn't work out if you feel like a small trip out to my area during the week we are there I'd be happy to buy you dinner and a drink and maybe get a game =) I'll keep you posted.

Well damn that is a great response from the Columbus folks, thanks to all the Henchmen that are helping promote in their communities

2) Jay (MinimumPhase), Neverborn, Canton

4) Kevin B. (Libido Knievel), Ressers(?), Erie

5) Tom (Rogueeyes), Guild or Outcasts, local to area

6) Max W. (pnktd2), Neverborn, Columbus

7) Mick (CactusEmperor), Ressers, Columbus

8) Taylor (KingCrow), Arcanists, Columbus

9) Nathan (santaclaws01), Neverborn or 10 Thunders, Columbus

Still have plenty of time and spots open.

No worries there will be other tournaments.

2) Jay (MinimumPhase), Neverborn, Canton

4) Kevin B. (Libido Knievel), Ressers(?), Erie

5) Tom (Rogueeyes), Guild or Outcasts, local to area

6) Max W. (pnktd2), Neverborn, Columbus

7) Mick (CactusEmperor), Ressers, Columbus

8) Taylor (KingCrow), Arcanists, Columbus