My Competitive Zoraida Build

orkdork

After another game under my belt, my competitive list is a beast. Extremely lethal to non-masters. The Wisps are a huge, huge buff.

For the flex, I look to Mimic's Blessing, On Wings of Darkness + stones for cards, Crystal Ball, Retribution's Eye for Doppel, etc...

I think I should add this monstrosity to PMF.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Twg said:

is the First Mate dual faction?

No, but it's swampfiend, so with the upgrade, it's available.

29 minutes ago, orkdork said:

After another game under my belt, my competitive list is a beast. Extremely lethal to non-masters. The Wisps are a huge, huge buff.

For the flex, I look to Mimic's Blessing, On Wings of Darkness + stones for cards, Crystal Ball, Retribution's Eye for Doppel, etc...

Go for it! PMF's rather in need of an update. I sadly am not able to play enough to get a cohesive enough set of information to contribute (I'm lucky if I get 2 games a month in), but it'll get there.

1 hour ago, orkdork said:

Once I get all the components, i'm very interested to try that list of yours.  Still debating Nurse vs Lilitu though.  

As a side note, what base size are the wisps?

45 minutes ago, MetaphoricDragn said:

Once I get all the components, i'm very interested to try that list of yours.  Still debating Nurse vs Lilitu though.  

As a side note, what base size ae wisps?

Curious how it goes for you! I find lure is amazingly helpful in this list, but a heal would be as well.

Wisps are 30mm.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Ive used 2 wisps in zoraida crew pretty consistently.

Full list was:

Zoraida

Widow weaver with own upgrade and FGF

Spawn mother and FGF

2 wisps

Myst emissary

Flexible last model

Used one wisp to summon a doll if not there already to die to FGF (overlapping between the henchmen) which dies and leaves scrap. Zoraida can then make another which also dies. Widow weaver can make a doll. Other wisp can summon Gupp for SM. 

Between the 2 wisps it means you can pretty safely summon 2 models each turn, although its a nuisance keeping WW and SM close enough.

The wisps are also cheap activations, for 3ss theyre auto include with the right zoraida build for me.

On 30/06/2016 at 7:07 PM, Vorschlag said:

I would drop the doppleganger, while she's a lovely model with some nice abilities personally I find she doesnt make back her stones in either vp or kills.
This could be because she tends to paint a bullseye on her own head in my local meta or it could be that I'm just using her incorrectly.

I personally find Waldgiest very hard to exclude when using McTavish with Zoraida and if I wasn't including a nurse I'd be inclined to include a gator to paralyze atleast one model per turn from doll abuse.

of course sacrificial gupps for juju and boars to rage over could also be particularly useful.

If a model is painting a bullseye, it's probably a good, if not the best, model? anyways, doppel with McTavish is fine, you're getting at the most basic 3 shots at Sh6 into cover and engagements for... 7ss.

For anyone still interested in building their own I saw a really great wisp conversion with the wings and body from a skeeter and some greenstuff. That would make it tournament legal even if the TO is enforcing the no models from other companies policy. Unfortunately I didn't take pictures.

On 11/4/2016 at 1:55 AM, chryspainthemum said:

If a model is painting a bullseye, it's probably a good, if not the best, model

That's situational, while that can be beneficial in a game of asset management to have your other assets ignored I tend to find I can make better use of those stones on assets which work directly with either the existing synergy/theme of the build and/or the strats and schemes.
I rarely find use for a doppleganger with Zoraida, Pandora and Lucius on the other hand...

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/4/2016 at 4:27 PM, Vorschlag said:

That's situational, while that can be beneficial in a game of asset management to have your other assets ignored I tend to find I can make better use of those stones on assets which work directly with either the existing synergy/theme of the build and/or the strats and schemes.
I rarely find use for a doppleganger with Zoraida, Pandora and Lucius on the other hand...

Doppelganger has more synergy with lilitu and mctavish than any other model in NB. Waldgeists are great, and great with mctavish but the synergy is much less if that's what you're trying to maximize.  Perhaps you're overvaluing key-word synergy or visual theme compared to how well two models actually function in tandem. 

I never suggested using Lilutu, your welcome to your own view but  these are the obvious synergies I was referring to.

McTavish

- loyal scouts trigger (swampfiends)

-Aura the swamp is ours (swampfiends)

Waldgeist

-germinate - (mctavishes aura)

-entrench trigger

Vodoo doll

- dance, puppet -  (walgiests trigger)

Zoraida

-repulse (waldgiests trigger)

Hexed among you

-walgiest (swampfiends)