Post your schemes, get a list thread

4thstringer

Nope.  Papa goes into emissary box 1st Hoffman act, then watcher double walks.  Then lawyer gives kj fees and htw. Then DM buries killjoy. The watcher drops a scheme marker upboard.  

Emissary sends papa upboard to do his suicide thing.   When he dies,  cause horrendous pulse damage.   

Kj is out.  Their call whether to charge on a depleted hand or not.   Then kj can charge or kill a bit. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 4thstringer said:

Nope.  Papa goes into emissary box 1st Hoffman act, then watcher double walks.  Then lawyer gives kj fees and htw. Then DM buries killjoy. The watcher drops a scheme marker upboard.  

Emissary sends papa upboard to do his suicide thing.   When he dies,  cause horrendous pulse damage.   

Kj is out.  Their call whether to charge on a depleted hand or not.   Then kj can charge or kill a bit. 

I love it! When do you think would be the best moment to use curfew with this list?

So, I'm curious.  I'm mostly a Neverborn player, but I've got Lucius and Sonnia now.  

Using GG2017, I have the following pool:

Corner Deployment

Guard the Stash

Claim Jump, Accusation, Leave Your Mark, Show of Force, Hidden Trap.

I'm playing this with Neverborn, but I'm wondering what a Guild list in to it would look like.

So the game went well,  but it wasn't because of KJ.  My opponent brought kang, which was a disappointment.   First he shoots kj for moderate with a katanaka. I baited my opponent with the watcher,  which he killed with Toshiro.  That brought kj who popped debt and promptly hit with his first with the trigger but bjs damage, my opponent rjs the 2nd and drops a thirteen to make the third miss.   kj, then  0 heals for min. I'm still able to wail on Toshiro with the emissary and then papa,  hammering kj with one to blast onto him and bb him.   My opponent,  by stoning like crazy saves him,  but burns most of his 7 stones in the process.  Kj dies at the start of the next turn to asami pulling  Toshiro out, then charging him herself(flipping the black on the first def flip), giving me 3 for ffm and an easy one for tail.   

The rest of the game was won by his deck abandoning him,  The lawyer getting me a second tail point,  and papa blasting onto asami and kang for bunches of damage.   My opponent had overloaded the one flank,  in order to get auras going, but it meant that he was poorly positioned for the strat and interference (which he also selected).  By sending Hoff and the emissary to the far post i was able to deny both of those as well as tailem for a little while.    The dm boxed the sniper and got me my second and third tailem point.   The emissary with Hoff support boxed chiaki and put her out of position and kill kang.

The game ended  at 8-2

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, Ergonomic Cat said:

So, I'm curious.  I'm mostly a Neverborn player, but I've got Lucius and Sonnia now.  

Corner Deployment

Guard the Stash

I'm playing this with Neverborn, but I'm wondering what a Guild list in to it would look like.

What's your opponent playing? I would probably take a pretty standard Sonnia list, blasting everything next to the markers at the beginning of the game and then trying to score the schemes once most of the opponent's crew is dead, probably with leave your mark and claim jump:

3 hours ago, Ergonomic Cat said:

Corner Deployment

Guard the Stash

Ill try to build you a Lucius build for this one, since I'm much more of a Lucius player than a Sonnia Player.

This is to do Show of Force and Claim Jump, but you could switch out ryle for phiona with transparency and do hidden trap too.

I like accusation with Lucius, but it really depends on what you are facing.  

Between Queeg, the guardians, and the field reporter you have a lot of models that can push them off the marker or out of the middle circle.  If you decide to do hidden trap, keep in mind that the Field reporter can do good with that if your opponent is trying to drop markers.  Either way I would try to save the FR for a last activation.

Lucius- 

surprisingly loyal, Secret Assets

Scribe

Ryle

debt to the guild, numb to the world

Master Queeg

promises 

Guardian

Guardian

TC warrior

Field Reporter

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Lugonn said:

wanting advice for Hoffman or Lucius game this week.  I don't have Frank or Austringers yet and no Anarchist/Neverborn models.

Interference

Leave Your Mark

Dig Their Graves

Tail'Em

Inspection

Claim Jump

Hoffman would struggle a bit in this pool I think. You can spread out certainly, but then you're missing out on the Hoff deathball of fun. Here's a core list idea:

Lucius. Secret Asset, Legalese, maybe Secret Objectives too, depending.

Scribe

Thrall x2

Dashel - Arrest Him! and Debt

Wardens x2 or Riflemen x2

The basic premise being two groups of meat to take the zones. Dashel and his group - Wardens or Riflemen depending on terrain or model availability) hold one corner and clog enemies up with summoned Guild Guard. Wardens with Dashel can get pretty gross but if the board's right Riflemen can do their thing and hold that ground, hopefully.

Lucius and the Thralls (great band name) with the Scribe tailing behind can do Dig Their Graves, Tail'em, Leave Your Mark, or Tail'em (terrain/opposing master dependent) and put out a lot of hurt. Any extra stones can get filled in with something cheap or just stones.

1 minute ago, Lugonn said:

Sounds like a good plan, is there a good substitute if I don't own the Thralls?

You could do two Executioners for the same price, but you risk Paralyzing them with Lucius, draining your hand, or losing some momentum. Remember that you don't have to do the Horror Duel when Lucius walks, but if you have the card to pass it's a free AP. This also leaves Tail'em in the pool since it has to be Minions and this list would keep those in the backfield-ish.

I would not take both Assets and Objectives, no sense giving yourself three competing (0) actions. I'd plan on taking Dig Their Graves if you've got Thralls, because they're almost custom made for it, and it synergizes really well with Hidden Sniper (shoot the target, trigger Intentional Strike to drop a scheme, getting the free attack from the Thrall, killing the target, discarding the scheme for Dig). Two Thralls and Dashel seems top heavy to me, especially in Interference. You're basically counting on Dashel's summoning to play the strat. I would go with something like this;

Lucius - 5ss
 Secret Assets
Malifaux Child
2x Thralls (or 1 Thrall and Dashel with Arrest Him!)
Witchling Stalker (to clear Paralyzed)
Hunter (the brilliant end of turn push)
Lawyer (surprisingly tough flanker, takes orders well)
2x Guild Guard

The Thralls are there to isolate and murder things for Dig, as elaborated above. The Hunter and Guild Guard will keep you in the game on the Strat (the guard can straddle your home quarters, give you tempo activations, etc. while the Hunter uses its end of turn push to relocate into vulnerable quarters and its chain harpoon to pull things out of position). The Stalker can generally hang out behind the Guards and provide a countercharge threat, as well as being a failsafe to clear Paralyzed. The Lawyer can run Leave Your Mark or Tail 'em with all the extra AP Lucius and the Child can throw its way, but one of the Thralls will have to pick up that scheme late game when your opponent finally deals with the Lawyer.

If you don't have Thralls (or Phiona Gage) I'd probably run something like:

Lucius - 4ss
 Secret Objectives
Malifaux Child
Dashel
 Arrest Him!
Master Queeg
2x Hunters
Pathfinder
Witchling Stalker
Death Marshal

The Death Marshal removes major problems for you, or boxes Lucius to remove Tail 'em if you have no other choice. The Hunters pull your targets into the pit of scheme markers you're pulsing out for Dig, which you can potentially burn for Hidden Weapons as well. The combination of Queeg's Welcome to Hell... and Lucius' Guild Intelligence should get you markers where you need them. Queeg and the Pathfinder help to get traps out and in position to engage enemies (so they aren't scoring the strat) the Hunters stick to the lines between quarters and use their end of turn push to get where they need to go. Dashel summons in annoying models, but you'll also want to abuse the Tome trigger on his gun to shuffle stuff around (your enemies, mostly). The Malifaux Child gets you an extra Issue Command each turn. Again, I like Dig Your Graves and Tail 'em. You could sub in Watchers or Orderlies to score Leave Your Mark instead.

• 2 weeks later...

So, let`s give this thread a try, you`ve stoked my interest^^

Got a 3 round tournament in february, schemes&strats are as follows:

round 1

Deployment: Standard

Strategy: Interference

Claim Jump, Hunting Party, Recover Evidence, Leave your Mark, Dig their Graves

round 2

Deployment: Flank

Strategy: Collect the Bounty

Claim Jump, Last Stand, Set Up, Frame for Murder, Eliminate the Leadership

round 3

Deployment: Close

Strategy: Head Hunter

Claim Jump, A quick Murder, Recover Evidence, Leave your Mark, Accusation

Curious to see your ideas :)

1) Nellie, Misleading Headlines, Delegation

Printing Press

Phiona, Transparency, Wrath of the Guild

Francisco, Wade In

Peacekeeper, Numb to the World

2x Reporter,

Austringer

You have 3 good models for Hunting Party while its pretty AP intensive for your enemy to score from it. Phiona with Transparency can help out with Dig Their Graves. Austringer is there to help with LYM. You can pass activations until you know which quarters to contest and which you shouldn`t. I sometimes swap the Austringer for a Brutal Effigy and use the 2 extra SS for Hermanos/A Debt on Frank and Guild Funds on Nellie.

2)

Same roster :P

Nellie is quite hard to take down. You have a lot of HtK beaters which can be healed. Frame is lame so I would never take it. You can quite easily do Set Up with reporters and Austringer and Phiona. Last Stand is also an option depending on the enemy crew. If you want to take FFM you can swap the Peacekeeper for an Executionier with Ready to Work.

3) Look above :D

I`d swap Frank for Master Queeg with Promises and maybe swap one reporter for a second Austringer as there are a lot of interact based actions.. Peacekeeper with heal ability from Delegation usually requires a lot of AP to get down. The whole crew is pretty hard to Accuse.

P.S. I know I`m no fun :(

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Tris said:

Time for some Lucius

round 1

Deployment: Standard

Strategy: Interference

Claim Jump, Hunting Party, Recover Evidence, Leave your Mark, Dig their Graves

Lucius

Surprisingly loyal(1)

Thrall (9)

Field reporter x3 (12)

Guild hounds x3 (9)

Scribe (2)

Doppelganger (7?)

changeling x2  (8)

Sure they can get hunting party but all those bodies make the rest hard to get.  Recover from evidence feels extra good here.

round 2

Deployment: Flank

Strategy: Collect the Bounty

Claim Jump, Last Stand, Set Up, Frame for Murder, Eliminate the Leadership

Lucius

Secret asset(2)

Surprisingly loyal (1)

Tc warrior (5)

Thrall x2 (18)

Scribe (2)

Guardian x2 (14)

Hunter (7)

This list leaves your opponent without many good options, especially if you put frame on Lucius.    Your biggest issue is a lack of speed, so lucius' s pushes are essential.  If you think they are assaninating with non master or hench, use guardians and LOS blocking to protect lucius.

round 3

Deployment: Close

Strategy: Head Hunter

Claim Jump, A quick Murder, Recover Evidence, Leave your Mark, Accusation

Lucius

(1) surprisingly loyal

Scribe (2)

Thrall (9)

Tc warrior (5)

Austringer (6)

Performerx2 (12)

Nino (7)

Abuela (7)

I have't played enough newcius to know if these will work, but they should be fun to play.

• Like 1