Post your schemes, get a list thread

4thstringer

2 hours ago, fauxreigner said:

Thanks for these lists, very cool.

With the models I have available, I could play @Myyrä's Perdita list as is. Are you able to provide some advice on exactly how you play the papa+marshal combo, as I don't have much experience with it? Are you leaving papa in the box as long as possible, and hiding the marshal, to get as many :+fate damage flips for Perdita as possible? Or are you actively seeking targets to spring papa on?

I could also play @4thstringer's Dougie list but without the emissary, which I don't have a model for. However, I find that Doug and the chihuahua can usually spread enough poison for Sebastian's aura to become a real problem in the clumping strategies. I could sub in the pale rider, who I love for leave your mark, and can be kept alive to protect against quick murder. Do you think the 4 traps are better than a pathfinder and 1 trap? I really like the pathfinder in guard the stash, as he can hide behind a marker and summon, help score the strat, and occasionally poke his head out to take shots.

Bringing the pathfinder is fine, its a good model but I love having the traps out there for them to figure out.  

I have an upcoming game I'm having issues with picking a list on.

Strat: Guard the Stash, corner deployment

Schemes: Convict Labor, Leave Your Mark, Exhaust Their Forces, Take Prisoner, and Undercover Entourage.

So I plan on bringing Brewmaster and getting a Drinking Contest going in the middle to pull whoever my opponent has trying to get strat points off the stash markers and locking them down. But I'm having trouble deciding on how to fill out the rest of my list.

Here's one direction I'm thinking:

Brewie w/ Binge, Stilts, & Hide in the Mud

Wesley

Trixiebelle w/ Dirty Cheater

McTavish w/ Hexed Among You

Merris w/ Dirty Cheater

2 Bayou Gators

Moon Shinobi

with the idea that McTavish will cover one stash marker, Wesley hiding behind him, while the gators cover the other. Trixie "Lures" opponents into the brew-ball where the Shinobi punches and Exhausts things while Merris leaves her mark.

My other thought is to change out McTavish for Fingers (possibly with Drinking "Problem" to push interfering models towards the brew-ball while he leaves his mark and gets undercover entourage). Then I don't know if I should swap out Merris and the Gators, or for what.

In addition to Brewie's box and the other models mentioned I also have Wong's box, Creative Taxidermy, Slop Haulers, Burt, and Gracie.

I look forward to your drunken feedback!

35 minutes ago, Boomstick24 said:

I have an upcoming game I'm having issues with picking a list on.

Strat: Guard the Stash, corner deployment

Schemes: Convict Labor, Leave Your Mark, Exhaust Their Forces, Take Prisoner, and Undercover Entourage.

So I plan on bringing Brewmaster and getting a Drinking Contest going in the middle to pull whoever my opponent has trying to get strat points off the stash markers and locking them down. But I'm having trouble deciding on how to fill out the rest of my list.

Here's one direction I'm thinking:

Brewie w/ Binge, Stilts, & Hide in the Mud

Wesley

Trixiebelle w/ Dirty Cheater

McTavish w/ Hexed Among You

Merris w/ Dirty Cheater

2 Bayou Gators

Moon Shinobi

with the idea that McTavish will cover one stash marker, Wesley hiding behind him, while the gators cover the other. Trixie "Lures" opponents into the brew-ball where the Shinobi punches and Exhausts things while Merris leaves her mark.

My other thought is to change out McTavish for Fingers (possibly with Drinking "Problem" to push interfering models towards the brew-ball while he leaves his mark and gets undercover entourage). Then I don't know if I should swap out Merris and the Gators, or for what.

In addition to Brewie's box and the other models mentioned I also have Wong's box, Creative Taxidermy, Slop Haulers, Burt, and Gracie.

I look forward to your drunken feedback!

You know thIs is the guild forum,  right?   Well maybe someone here can help you still.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, 4thstringer said:

You know thIs is the guild forum,  right?   Well maybe someone here can help you still.

Whoops, completely missed that =P I guess that means Guild-Brewie isn't a thing, eh? =P 'Scuse me while I go infiltrate the correct faction.

1 hour ago, Mayonnaise said:

I am just STUMPED. 

Deployment: Corner

Strategy: Extraction
Scheme Pool: Convict Labor, Leave Your Mark, Show of Force, Set Up, Inspection

I feel this is a hard pool for Guild, I've been wracking my brain for days and think McMourning might be the man for the job!

How about mccabe?  I went a little bit weird on this one, but it would definitely be interesting.

Mccabe with promises, strangemetal shirt and badge of speed

Luna and 2 hounds

2 mounted guard

2 executioners, both with expert sleuth.

The idea here is to wait for them to enter the middle, the. Unleash hell with your mounted guard charging in, creating armor/defensive bubbles, bringing the executioners with them to do the killing.  Dogs can run either lym or inspection pretty well, and if they dedicate more to that then you can dominate the strat with all that armored beef.

I would probably change 'stringers list to have Francisco + whatever henchman floats you boat instead of the executioners and cram them full of 1ss upgrades to easily score show of force. 

The hounds should handle leave your mark easily.

You could also go for setup if you brought hunters instead of the mounted guard.

The mounted guard + executioners is interesting but if you are looking to deny enemy scheme markers they will probably need to be all over the place and then they can't score or prevent show of force.

• Like 1

Lady Justice -- 6ss
 +Badge Of Office - 2ss

Abuela Ortega - 7ss
 +Hair Trigger - 1ss

Brutal Effigy - 4ss

Francisco Ortega - 8ss
 +Hermanos De Armas - 1ss
 +Wade In - 1ss

Guard Sergeant - 6ss

Guild Austringer - 6ss

Guild Hound - 3ss

Guild Hound - 3ss

Guild Hound - 3ss

Guild Hound - 3ss

The Sergeant can be replaced with basically any other model (Austringer) or you can give him Plant Evidence/Sleuth.

You have a lot of models, so you have nice chances of moving the extraction marker, you have 3 upgrades, you have dogs which are good for inspection (especially in corner)

Sergeant can help you use markers (dropped thanks to the Austringer) for Convict Labor, , LYM or Set Up

1 hour ago, Ludvig said:

I would probably change 'stringers list to have Francisco + whatever henchman floats you boat instead of the executioners and cram them full of 1ss upgrades to easily score show of force. 

The hounds should handle leave your mark easily.

You could also go for setup if you brought hunters instead of the mounted guard.

The mounted guard + executioners is interesting but if you are looking to deny enemy scheme markers they will probably need to be all over the place and then they can't score or prevent show of force.

It's more their ability to deny setup that I like than anything that I went with the executioners.   They won't be worth a darn for denying lym.  

• Like 1

Thanks for the replies guys!

I've never been a fan of inspection, as it seems too easy to fall apart. Kill a dog or 2, and you can easily be locked out of 3 VPs right then and there. I'm correct in that you need a model at BOTH ends, right?

I wasn't thinking about McCabe, but now I am. Pretty much between these 2 lists:

McCabe w/ Promises
4 x Hounds
Luna
Fransisco w/ Wade In
Abuela w/ Hair Trigger
Austringer
Brutal 
leaves me 5 SS for upgrades/SS

OR:

Mcmourning, on the clock, evidence tampering...the other one
Sebastian w/ whatever 1 SS 
Nurse
Francisco w/ Wade in
Brutal
Witchling
Austringer
Abuela w/ Hair trigger
1 extra SS (or make it LLC on Sebastian) 

Both are going for Show of Force, McM can go after Set up w/ his 0 action, McCabe LyM. 

I think pathfinders could be a good choice for inspection in corner deployment. One of them deploys in a corner and camps there, dropping traps and shooting anything that comes near. If you actually want to go for the scheme have something durable run over and grab the other corner, or fake it with something cheap to waste your opponent's time.

Extraction + show of force plays quite well into the generic good henchmen guild build. I haven't found outnumbering to be worth committing a lot of bodies to that central kill zone. Two tough models with some decent support can usually do it quite well and whittle down the plebs that try to swarm it. Does depend a bit on the matchup and your opponent's gameplan, of course.

16 minutes ago, 4thstringer said:

Ok I need a lucius list.  Feel free to use wave 3 models,  as I don't mind proxying.  Headhunter, leave your Mark,  quick murder, hunting party and public demonstration, convict labor.   

As usual,  I like weird idea and trying to find interesting interactions. 

Lucius, secret assets, 6ss

Two each hunters, lawyers, orderlies, pathfinder, Austringer.

They won't anticipate Hunting Party, but you can still score it if you kill all their minions/peons. If that's not a good call (they bring a summoner, for instance) then kill their big models while they hunt your minions. 

The orderlies should be able to do leave your mark no problem while the rest of the crew scores your other scheme and Lucius makes sure you end up ahead in the head count.

3 hours ago, 4thstringer said:

@admiralvorkraft

i guess my one question is,  How have you found double pathfinder to work?   I can't imagine is get enough tomes to be able to reliably summon. 

Sorry, I'm on mobile so my formatting was bad. I meant one each of a pathfinder and Austringer. Running two pathfinders in tandem to try and double the impact of each summon, or separately to give you more options as to where seems like it could work though. At least it would build in strength-in-depth.

Strategy: Interference

Schemes: Convict Labour, Exhaust Their Forces, Show of Force, Frame for Murder, A Quick Murder

I had the following list in mind, but would be interested if people see something that would work better.

McCabe w/Promises, Glowing Sabre, Badge of Speed

Luna

Guild Hound x2

Francisco w/Wade In

Pale Rider w/Expert Sluth

Peacekeeper w/Expert Sluth

My thought was Frame for Murder on a dog along with Show of Force. My worry is that my models with upgrades are going to want to be both inside and outside of the center, particularly if I can get the dog killed.

15 minutes ago, The Law said:

Strategy: Interference

Schemes: Convict Labour, Exhaust Their Forces, Show of Force, Frame for Murder, A Quick Murder

If you want to go with McCabe this could be better:

Guild
50ss Crew

Lucas McCabe -- 6ss
 +Elixir Of Life - 2ss
 +Glowing Saber - 2ss
 +Badge Of Speed - 2ss

Luna - 4ss

Francisco Ortega - 8ss
 +Wade In - 1ss
 +Hermanos De Armas - 1ss

Guild Austringer - 6ss

Guild Austringer - 6ss

Guild Hound - 3ss

Sidir Alchibal - 9ss
 +By Your Side - 1ss
 +Promises - 1ss

Between them Franc and Sidir have 4 upgrades. It will also be really difficult to remove them from the middle if Franc puts El Mayor on Sidir. I like Austringers for interference because they can be left behind and still participate in the battle. Theoretically you could replace one of them with something else though, or sacrifice some of the SS pool to get another dog.

I think this scheme pool is probably one I would consider swapping an Austringer for 2 Hounds as 7 models for interference seems kind of low especially if you pick Show of Force and will have at least 1 of the guys within 6" of the center.

I think I would consider FFM on Francisco as he usually gets a big target shield above his sobrero.

On 6/26/2016 at 10:44 AM, admiralvorkraft said:

Lucius, secret assets, 6ss

Two each hunters, lawyers, orderlies, pathfinder, Austringer.

They won't anticipate Hunting Party, but you can still score it if you kill all their minions/peons. If that's not a good call (they bring a summoner, for instance) then kill their big models while they hunt your minions. 

The orderlies should be able to do leave your mark no problem while the rest of the crew scores your other scheme and Lucius makes sure you end up ahead in the head count.

Well the orderlies did their thing,  got me three for lym.  I took hunting party but he hid Wesley in the corner.   His strategy was to turtle up so I took the lym points and that was about it. 

Flank Deployment, Interference, Convict Labor, Leave Your Mark, Take Prisoner, Inspection, Occupy Their Turf;

Master is McCabe  (Fixed master).

My proposition is:

Lucas McCabe -- 4ss
 +Badge Of Speed - 2ss
 +Glowing Saber - 2ss
 +Promises - 1ss

Luna - 4ss

Guild Austringer - 6ss

Guild Hound x4 - 3ss/12ss

Hunter - 7ss

The Lone Marshal - 8ss

Warden - 6ss

but feel free to point me wrong. Got Wave 1+2 + Heartsbane + Emissary.

I can also put Expert Sleuth on Marshal for a 3SS cache to try and have a clutch initiative.

8 hours ago, admiralvorkraft said:

Sorry I led you astray. I'm surprised you didn't have the ranged threat to kill brewie and force Wesley to sac, but if he was turtling anyway... *shrug* 

Taking Lucius is always a bad call. Glad you got lym.

You did fine.   He didn't get any points,   I could have charged harder into him if I had wanted,  but I knew I could deny this way.