May 30 - Asami

Lucidicide

Vote!  

550 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Actually, if she doesn't have a way to heal up Oni she summons, she would be a good contrast to The Dreamer. One brings in models and heals them up a bit while they recover from Slow, the other brings in models like ammunition that immediately run off to hit things.

10 hours ago, Armour said:

Not sure if its kosher for me to link, but the lovably obsessive folks at DakkaDakka found box art for a whole lot of Wave 3 boxes, Jorogumo in a box of 3 among them: Post with jorogumo

A few posts up there are most of the other Wave 3 boxes, though no Emissaries yet.  

May a mod slap me down if these aren't supposed to be up anywhere yet! :D 

Hmm. I have reason to believe that this pic is not legit. For one, I can't think of another Malifaux release that doesn't feature all of the contained models on its cover art, and two: those jorogumo have too many legs! The cover art clearly show 6 legs, with the arms making it up to an arachnid 8 limbs. Those Jorogumo clearly have 8 legs + 2 arms. I suspect someone has a copy of photoshop and too much time on their hands.

31 minutes ago, Skitt_Happens said:

Hmm. I have reason to believe that this pic is not legit. For one, I can't think of another Malifaux release that doesn't feature all of the contained models on its cover art, and two: those jorogumo have too many legs! The cover art clearly show 6 legs, with the arms making it up to an arachnid 8 limbs. Those Jorogumo clearly have 8 legs + 2 arms. I suspect someone has a copy of photoshop and too much time on their hands.

I've only ever seen the picture of the one render up until now, but that one has always been portrayed as having 10 limbs. 

also...
http://geekologie.com/2008/11/good_idea_man_submits_drawing.php

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Cadaverousbirth said:

Tie? Tie! Tie. 

I'm too scared as to what they'll do if it's a tie. I'd image they would only show the art or renders for both and then show the glorious rules for both the next week. This is something I cannot abide with. All or nothing says I!

31 minutes ago, AverageGatsby said:

I'm too scared as to what they'll do if it's a tie. I'd image they would only show the art or renders for both and then show the glorious rules for both the next week. This is something I cannot abide with. All or nothing says I!

You're just giving them ideas :P

Although that would be really funny.

2 hours ago, Skitt_Happens said:

Just a point. You can see a second set of legs coming from the side on the box art they've for on the Upcoming page. Although yes, they have 3 sets of spider legs not 4.

WYR20721-Jorogumo.jpg?format=500w

Another point - the Insidious Madness is a box of 3 and the box art shows 1.

insidious-madnesses.jpg

• Like 2

if her gaping maw is there..

wonder if she can be posed to walk forward that way...(point gaping maw towards enemy).

OR

(rubs hands together laughing sinisterly)

Have her do 180 deg rotations on her base at random times...some small watch mechanic under the base mbbe, so she flips around every 5 minutes.

-Bump

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Skitt_Happens said:

For one, I can't think of another Malifaux release that doesn't feature all of the contained models on its cover art, 

Very few boxes with more than one model show all of them on the front. Often they have another on the side though so you'll see it on the "unfolded" picture that certain boxes have (i.e. one is directly under the faction symbol), occasionally part of that model will stick onto the front, e.g. you can see one wing of Nicodem's vulture.

Only these, out of all the multi model products, show all on the front (I only counted cropped images if the head was on the front):

• Coryphee
  • Gunsmiths
  • Beckoners
  • Lelu & Lilitu
  • Exorcists
  • Amphibious Assault (special case, you only see three out of nine gupp models, but there are only three unique sculpts).

6 hours ago, Skitt_Happens said:

I suspect someone has a copy of photoshop and too much time on their hands.

If they had that much time in their hands, they should be employed as sculptors. Photoshopping those would be an insane task to do for an essentially meaningless "prank".

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Math Mathonwy said:

If they had that much time in their hands, they should be employed as sculptors. Photoshopping those would be an insane task to do for an essentially meaningless "prank".

Unless you already had the render to play with, or something extremely similar.  Which would mean the render for the model was leaked in a form that others could manipulate, which quite frankly sounds more absurd than simply having the display box leaked.  Even considering that they may have changed their marketing strategy once they realized they are 10 Soulstone minions :P.

More on topic though.  I refuse to change my vote from Gremlins.  I thought we had a good idea going to vote for Gremlins this week, and it certainly looks like no one wants to help me :P

2 hours ago, AverageBoss said:

The full artwork for the Jorogumo has 8 legs. 2 of them are just obscured (you can barely make out a 4 one near the bottom right of the body) by the angle and cropping of the box art.

Malifaux-Jorango.jpg

... poo.

I must have spent hours looking at that photo prepping my own conversation and I missed those two legs... now mine feels like an injured Joro.

At some point I would love to put down a list of 5 Jorogumo with Misaki and Smoke and Shadows: I wonder if Asami will replace Misaki in that list? 1 ap charges v teleporting monsters... I want Ripples of Fate, now! :(

9 hours ago, Skitt_Happens said:

... I want Ripples of Fate, now! :(

seems to be the general opinion around ... that book can not get to us fast enough :D

on the other hand I'm already throwing waay too much money at wyrd as it is - if you ask my girlfriend ...

she might not see the need for the new book and all those shiny new releases ;)

10 hours ago, Tawg said:

More on topic though.  I refuse to change my vote from Gremlins.  I thought we had a good idea going to vote for Gremlins this week, and it certainly looks like no one wants to help me :P

I agree that voting Gremlins seemed good, but I switched when I saw they had no chance. Better to vote for Outcasts than to let the Arcanists win without a fight.

• Like 1