Abandoning regions

Furio

It might just be me, but when I play I usually find myself just abandoning 2 or 3 regions to the shadows and concentrate on keeping one or two regions clear and full of challenges.

Does anybody else do this or do you try and play in various regions? (and why!)

I actively try not to abandon anywhere, but sometimes a region gets so bad that the effort to save it is more than you can invest.

Saving regions is important, in my mind, for making sure that you have a variety of challenges available for when a warrior is on the Darkness track. Since successful challenges = extra movement, making sure you have a variety helps ensure challenges will be successful. If you lose a couple of regions to shadow, you'll end up very limited in choice.

What's more, there are a variety of challenges that are very strong when a warrior is in Darkness: any challenge that doesn't resolve the Dark Die. These can be found all over, but again, can only be "saved" for the correct time if you have other challenges to deal with.

• Like 1

It might just be that we have so little luck with rewards from challenges that all our action points are spent trying to get everyone in place to get the maximum amount of rewards to equip the poor hero going down darkness's neck!