May 23 - Reva

Lucidicide

Who's Next?  

506 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

24 minutes ago, Gnomezilla said:

No hat for Titania, and I don't think that crazy-hair-hook-hands is going to have a hat. Hoods have to count as hats, or else Brewmaster has no hat, and a gremlin master has to have a hat. (To me it is still one of the mysteries of Malifaux that Zoraida is allowed to boss gremlins around even though she hasn't got a hat. Sure, she can turn them all into silurids or something, but she has no hat! Do the voodoo hairpins count???)

inb4 those squid-y tentacle things are just part of a very elaborate hat on that character :P like someone cut off a Gorgon's head and is wearing it like a mask.

48 minutes ago, WalkingInBlack said:

Seems the Gremlins are not that popular, so sad, so sad.

I suspect that's because we've already seen his art. It'd still be great to see his card of course, but i guess the desire for pretty pictures is trumping that for the moment. :)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, eaglebach said:

I hope her associated minions won't end up being these grotesque blobs in here: 

It's suck for whichever master ends up with them.

That's harsh.  I think they look kind of cool.  They're like.. Angler fish, grotesquely alluring.

Plus that one reminds me of Stimpy (Showing his butt off?  Legit).

4 hours ago, Astrella said:

She seems like she's supposed to be a Dullahan.

I had to look up that word, but that's an interesting thing.  I liked the part where it says they almost always have obscenely long grins on their face in an unnatural way.  Unfortunately I don't think our girl here has that, but it's the part I thought sounded coolest in the story about those things :(.

Strength of the fallen sounds like her cast will be 1-2" :melee as it alludes to the recently deceased taking one last action / vigor mortis. She certainly looks interesting and can't wait to see her crew (and the other masters of course!) :D

Corpse candles sound interesting, definitely intrigued by what RoF is bringing to the table

6 hours ago, eaglebach said:

I hope her associated minions won't end up being these grotesque blobs in here: 

It's suck for whichever master ends up with them.

I, on the other hand, think that they will be one of the greatest looking models in Malifaux. Ater Gracie that is, of course.

I wish there were more models like them.
They are unique. Their poses are diverse, one of them will most likely even have a flying base. I can't remember the last time I was this excited about something in Malifaux like when their preview was released.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, -Loki- said:

I'm still hoping they've got something to do with Titania. They have a real 'warped Undead Tinkerbell' look to them, which fits the Undead Fae that Titania represents.

Haha, Peter Pan would've sure been a different story/movie if Tinkerbell had looked like one of those :D

But I too really like them.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Phinn said:

I, on the other hand, think that they will be one of the greatest looking models in Malifaux. Ater Gracie that is, of course.

I wish there were more models like them.
They are unique. Their poses are diverse, one of them will most likely even have a flying base. I can't remember the last time I was this excited about something in Malifaux like when their preview was released.

I understand that we're in the world where bad things happen, where the woods are filled with vicious nephilims, creepy swampfields, ghosts, and dolls, murderous children, (very attractive) zombie hookers, and all kinds of miscellaneous nightmarish monstrosities. But these grotesque blobs are way too much for me to handle. Didn't you see that they are all freaks of nature, especially the third one has a glowing butt?

2 hours ago, -Loki- said:

I'm still hoping they've got something to do with Titania. They have a real 'warped Undead Tinkerbell' look to them, which fits the Undead Fae that Titania represents.

Strangely, Titania doesn't look undead nor fairy to me. She looks like a bloodier version of corrupted Avacyn from MtG. So I guess she outranks Lilith or something?

Even though I like the models a lot, I feel like Wyrd shuffles the theme of the factions a bit too much with a resiliant and very healthy neverborn and a fast, hard hitting melee-resser. But maybe it's just me and we get a guild hardcore summoner next. Excitement!!!

39 minutes ago, Humphrey said:

Even though I like the models a lot, I feel like Wyrd shuffles the theme of the factions a bit too much with a resiliant and very healthy neverborn and a fast, hard hitting melee-resser. But maybe it's just me and we get a guild hardcore summoner next. Excitement!!!

It could be a problem if the factions start feeling homogenous, but I don't think theres anything wrong with having one or two atypical Masters to shake up what the faction can bring to the table. I'd rather have that than Masters too similar to each other, or stepping over the same roles to the point that one is always better than the other.

As for a Guild Summoner, maybe instead of summoning it's calling the cops/reinforcements and we get a someone who can call in Guardsmen. Would be a nice way to get some use out of them since most are pretty lackluster to hire. Edit: Actually that'd be great to have on a Henchman or something that would open up Guardsmen to more Masters/crews within Guild.

• Like 3

Strange how much the Angler-fish, ghost fairies divide opinion. I like them: they are disturbing and oddly cute. You don't like them? Don't buy them. They freak you out even being on the table? I'm definitely bringing them. I'll be 1-0 up on the mind games before we've started! ;)

• Like 1