Third Party Base Alternatives Until Plastic Inserts?

Koschei

I'm new.

Putting together a Resurrectionist Crew and want Victorian street, graveyard type bases, but I can't get hold of the metal inserts.

I'd kill for Wyrd plastic inserts, but understand nothing on the horizon.

Can anyone give me some solid recommendations for either inserts or bases I could use? My requirements are that they are still in production, so I can stock up, and secondly that they are well cast, as I can't stand uneven edges to bases.

Thanks for reading!

Secret Weapon resin bases are fantastic, but you're probably going to need to drill/pin or find some other way of securely attaching the plastic to resin. It will also cause untold frustration if you are trying to use them with particularly tiny and fragile models, or things balanced on only one foot. 

They can help with street bases (I'm more of a fan of the Flagstone than the cobblestone), but theres not really anything like a proper graveyard. It feels like it should be easier to find plastic gravestones than it is. There are bases full of skeletons and skulls, but they don't really fit the aesthetic. Or if you want to play up Halloween, they have Field of Screams with resin pumpkins decorating the bases (which can also be bought separately).

Wyrd do produce plastic lamps and lightposts that would help with the Victorian street look. Alternatively you can use green stuff and a knife to make your own stone streets or paths.

• Like 1

I use these... http://www.greenstuffworld.com/en/textured-rolling-pins/135-Rolling-Pin-Hobby-Roller-Cobblestone.html and they are awesome! You just mix up an epoxy putty, put a blob on your base, and roll over it. Instant cobblestone. I know it isn't really an insert, but they really are easy to work with.

Also Renedra makes some really good gravestones. http://www.renedra.co.uk/product.php?product=119

• Like 1