Puppet Wars Teams? What would you suggest.

I bought the old Puppet Wars game a few years ago, but ended up selling it. Now I just bought Unstitched, and I have nothing but the base game. I'm looking for advice on creating two teams for 2-player games and 3 teams for 3-player games. Any ideas? I'll likely just write them down on a piece of paper, leave it in the box, and always play those teams. I'm not really looking for a miniatures game, just a board game :-)

Thanks!

Do you still have the figures from the old Puppet Wars game box, or do you just have the models from the new Unstitched box?

In the Unstitched rulebook, the two recommended "I don't know the game and I would like a balanced force" lists are:

Army 1:

• Seamus (Master)
  • Misaki
  • Bete Noire
  • Punk Zombie
  • Punk Zombie
  • Rotten Belle
  • Rotten Belle
  • Convict Gunslinger
  • Convict Gunslinger

Army 2:

• Lady Justice (Master)
  • Judge
  • Rusty Alyce
  • Death Marshal
  • Death Marshal
  • Guild Austringer
  • Guild Austringer
  • Ronin
  • Ronin

If all you have is the Unstitched box, then the only option you have for Army 3 is Pokey Viktoria.  I'm not really sure what to recommend for her.

• Like 1

I have nothing from the old version of the game. I sold it all a few years ago. If I should happen to get a few of the old puppets and cards, is there any way to 'convert' those cards for use with PWU?

So I only have the PWU box. I'm considering allowing one of the sidekicks to count as a Master by simply reducing its AR a little plus adding an additional Rip. It may or may not be super balanced, but at least it'd allow for four players. I would attempt to compensate a little by giving that team a better selection of puppets.

I've played one game with my PWU stuff so far. It was vs my gf and we just used the lists suggested by the book. I lost when her Convict Gunslinger got his Roulette effect off against my Seamus! In the future when constructing lists I'll try to have 1/3-1/2 of the puppets have the same suit as the Master and then spread it out a little between the other suits and outlaws. That should be easy enough.

If you get the old metal puppets, some or many of them have at least beta test updated versions for Puppet Wars Unstitched.  Although, apparently the Lucius puppet was a Battlefoam promotion/limited edition so you're better off just using an old metal Malifaux Lucius for it, and the Totally Not the Care Bear Teddy series never got updated to PWU. 

At the moment, there's a mostly functional version of the Puppet Wars Unstitched crew creator (with card info) stuck in one of the internet archives.  I'm not sure the powers-that-is at Wyrd would feel about repackaging and mirroring that info in a more convenient location.  Although what I've seen looks like it could get hosted by something like pullmyfinger without too much trouble (with some lost functionality, but enough to let people see the card info).

• 1 year later...

Hello guys.

Sorry if this is just annoying the most of you, but I would actually like to revive this topic about good army compositions. It is not like I am in any way an experienced player. I have had a couple of test games and that is it. What I do think is awesome though is Lady Justices ability with punk zombie. That can indeed give a kick back when it takes a rip. But a whole army, I haven't really made a good combo through that. Would be cool to hear if any of you have made some good lists :)

• Like 1