"In the Hunt"-Saturday 30th July- Huntingdon, Cambs

M_Ruckuss

Excellent. So, you are saying (if rotation is correct) that the following are being played.???

Round 1 - Guard The Stash, Corner Deployment
Round 2 - Turf War, Standard Deployment
Round 3 - Reckoning, Flank Deployment
Round 4 - Headhunter, Standard Deployment
Round 5 - Extraction, Close Deployment

Really looking forward to seeing some of you on Saturday. It's been a while. 

1 hour ago, GreggsSellTattieScones said:

Is fully painted required?

taken from the tourney pack....

Models must be assembled (glued) and fixed to the appropriate size base. The minimum painting

requirement is undercoat. However, there will be a prize for the best-painted crew

Thanks lee. Models must indeed be assembled,-unpainted means no painting award.

Strats on the day. Round 1 pairings and strats will not be announced until the day. Reckoning will not be happening. I have flipped the schemes manually- or rather on Joshes phone on the flight up to Scotland....!

3 hours ago, BigHammer said:

Looks like 2g1p will be sending another invasion party. Will confirm later today, but expect scots. Always expect scots. It's safer that way.

Go on Son...! Would be great to have a return raid after our Northern incursion this week.... Still like 6 place left....

13 minutes ago, M_Ruckuss said:

Strats on the day. Round 1 pairings and strats will not be announced until the day. Reckoning will not be happening. I have flipped the schemes manually- or rather on Joshes phone on the flight up to Scotland....!

You are welcome. And you are a tease. See you Saturday.

4 hours ago, M_Ruckuss said:

Mark, you generated the strats and schemes whilst sitting on a plane with a tournament participant using the phone of a tournament participant and you have now decided to keep them secret until the day of the tournament ?  Mark can you not see how that does not look good?  Whilst I don't expect how it looks reflects how it is.   Making it up as you go along causes the process to be rather opaque and messy.

The rules packs say Strats in advance and schemes in advance or on the day (two wholly different things). Given the need to keep timing incredibly tight to fit in the four turns there is enough to juggle regards opponent faction and table terrain.  I fail to see how extra uncertainty adds to the fun of the event.  I know there are a proportion of the community who like this format but I don't see many who actively advocate for this attending.

Can we please have the more sensible Stats and Schemes so we can be a prepared as possible for the rapid turn around required by the schedule?

• Like 1

Sorry Paul, but the TO has to run his event, including preparation & run up, as he wants. Whilst I understand your comments about Josh's involvement in the scheme selection, which is possibly down to new TO syndrome, as Josh has been closely involved with preparing the event I'd see it as Mark being open & honest.

As I've stated publically a few times, I'm not one who gives out schemes in advance, or prepares for an event by theoryfauxing what crew choices I'll make on the day. So I'll stay out of that side of the discussion as it has no effect on me.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Tapdancer said:

Mark, you generated the strats and schemes whilst sitting on a plane with a tournament participant using the phone of a tournament participant and you have now decided to keep them secret until the day of the tournament ?  Mark can you not see how that does not look good?  Whilst I don't expect how it looks reflects how it is.   Making it up as you go along causes the process to be rather opaque and messy.

The rules packs say Strats in advance and schemes in advance or on the day (two wholly different things). Given the need to keep timing incredibly tight to fit in the four turns there is enough to juggle regards opponent faction and table terrain.  I fail to see how extra uncertainty adds to the fun of the event.  I know there are a proportion of the community who like this format but I don't see many who actively advocate for this attending.

Can we please have the more sensible Stats and Schemes so we can be a prepared as possible for the rapid turn around required by the schedule?

Many events I have been to, eg Dave Browns, don't announce schemes until the day. At Titanfaux we found out as we started, which personally I liked, so I respectfully disagree with the point. However, to be fair I hadn't thought of it from the Josh is competing point of view- i am glad you have picked up on it as I hadn't really thought about it as he has semi- taken over the event for the last two weeks

I will post them up now Paul, purely in the interest of equality and fairness, but I am sticking with the ones I have generated.  If very event used GG16 rotation, every event would be the same and that would not be as fun.

Re timings and organisation, this shouldn't be an issue at all. They are all on the sheet, have been organised and I will be using Kais new system, with Kai there, so it will not be the grim picture you paint....!?  However, I take your point Re Josh so will post them in the interests of fairness- sound fair?

I am happy to post schemes- id rather not, because I like the preparation of lists being part of day. However if  there is an over whelming desire by 5.00, based on fairness and equality only, I'll post them, purely as per the Josh discussion above.

this was not deliberate, he has just effectively been the no2 for the event, and I'm sure this situation has almost certainly happened before at other events. 

Mark just to unpick the issue here.

How the Strats and Schemes are generated whether it GG, random or picked is not a problem.  Across the UK scene there is enough variety for it not skew the meta.

Tournament format whether it is full disclosure, strats and deployment only, nothing until start of tournament or envelopes for each round are a matter of opinion and a bigger/duller discussion for another day. 

The issue I had was we shifted from a full or partial disclosure to nothing on the fly in the final days.

We are however at a point that full disclosure has already occurred, just not to everyone. I did not believe (in truth I did not believe you had done that just posted in a way that made it look like you did) or suggest this was a deliberate attempt to give Josh an advantage but as things are it is where we have ended up.

The best way to fix this is, disclose to all and chalk it up to experience.

I think I agree with Paul that if at least 1 person knows the strats and schemes then for the sake of fairness everyone should know. But to be honest, I don't really mind what you do. I'd imagine that in most tournaments there are a player or two who are friendly with the organiser and know certain details ahead of everyone else. The only difference here is that you've been honest about it.

Right guys, as per the above here are your strats and schemes: 

Game 1: Guard the Stash, Corner

Show of force, Covert Breakthrough, Exhaust Their Forces, Occupy Their Turf

Game 2: Stake a Claim, Close

A Quick Murder, Hunting Party, Exhaust Their Forces, Neutralise The Leader

Game 3: Collect the Bounty, Flank

Take prisoner, Leave your Mark, Search the Ruins, Frame For Murder

Game 4: Headhunter, Standard

Show of Force, Hunting Party, Mark for Death, Detonate the Charges

Obviously Convict labour is in every pool too.

Discussion welcome, but they won't be changing ?